Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South
US$153
US$263
US$202
  • Restaurant
Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis South(Indianapolis)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$76
US$210
US$192
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmake a u turnhot tubcinnamon rollsfamily fun packagerecommend this hotelwould stay here againthe breakfast areafront desk clerkhousekeeping staffnice stayyogurtchildren's museumindoor poolfree breakfastmini fridgelate checkpillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I usually stay at Holiday Inn Express all over the world as much as possible, but this one falls into the worst I have ever known. Bad smell, worn out furniture, dirty carpet, misleading information from staff, bad location (not a good neighborhood) and guests are mostly what some would call red neck (not that I have a problem with them, but it is good to know that you will see dirty, smelly shirtless people). It was so bad that I decided to leave even thought I had paid in advance for 3 nights, which by the way was a problem too because the staff said they would refund me 2 nights and would only charge for the one night I used, which turned out to be false since they provided refund for one night only.

Room Tip: Can't tell.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Bill L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, even tough ones to hear like yours are helpful in making things better. There are many areas you mentioned that we can work on immediately. I will definitely review your cleanliness items with my housekeeping department. I am very sorry to hear now about your issues with my staff. Myself and my assistant manager try to be available as much as we can so such issues can be resolved directly with you. It is also helpful to hear the events from you firsthand, so we can better address our employees. Yes it is also true that our hotel is in very heavy demand and we have a true crossection of people with us, we have found most of our guests to be truly kind and warm people, but do respect some may have different opinions. Again, thanks for the criticism, I am looking forward to using it to make this hotel better.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I guess the first job of a hotel is to only book one (1) party to a room. This hotel failed. At 2:45 AM my daugher and I were awakened to a man trying to enter our room with a room key. He was very insistent, pushing on the door, and ignored my yelling that he was at the wrong room. My daughter dialed '0' and the front desk apologized and sent someone up. Damage done. Weeks later, I still see his face thru the peephole in my nightmares, and my daugher is still terrified. The full bill was slipped under my door, no compensation, and I noticed the when I checked out, no one asked how my stay had been. Good thing, as they would have gotten an earful. If this doesn't bother you -- there was almost nothing available at breakfast, my daughter had a previous guest's hair on her pillow, and I had to clean up that guest's hair from the shower.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Bill L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Ms. Lisa K.,

I am very sad to hear about your experiences here. I am truly sorry to hear how tramautic it was and truly regret that you were not asked about your stay as you departed. I assure you that this type of mistake doen't happen often. Occasionally though a mistake does happen and I am also truly sorry you made it out our door without talking to a manager. Not only would we have done our best to properly compensate you, but we would also then have the opportunity to work with the staff to develop them to avoid and respond better in the future. Thank you for taking the time and effort to review us, we will use this information to make our team better.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

It was late...we were tired...had been on the road for 4 hours with 8 more hours to go to get back to Atlanta...decided to get a hotel room for the night. I called and found this Holiday Inn Express. Myra was very helpful on the phone...I asked her for a rollaway bed and she took care of it and had it waiting in our room when we arrived. She also moved her car from its spot so that we could have a place to park and she allowed us to park our second vehicle in a safe and secure place. She was extremely kind, efficient and helpful. Such a welcome surprise to have this kind of customer service and attention to detail. Myra made our stop very enjoyable and easy. The breakfast the next morning was very good too. I would recommend this hotel for anyone who is looking for a great stop for the night.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Wow awesome praise for an awesome employee. Last year, Myra was our employee of the year for reasons just like this. It is so nice to have someone in those late hours who stays so focused on customer care. Hopefully, you get a chance to come back and stay for a while.

Thanks for the review and high marks!

Reviewed 7 July 2013

This hotel is located smack dab in the middle of everything you could possibly need: shopping, restaurants, interstate. Within minutes you can be in downtown Greenwood to the south or downtown Indy to the north. The bed was a little firm but the bedding and pillows made up for that in a big way. I relaxed in the spa tub and it was divine. The complimentary breakfast exceeded expectations. I couldn't believe the selection available and it was all fresh. Don't skip breakfast if you stay here! I would definitely recommend this hotel and plan on using it again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Debbie B,

What a nice review. We do think our location is a wonderful asset, enabling such easy access to everything the Indianapolis metro area has to offer. We are glad you liked your breakfast and will make sure our hardworking hosts know how much you appreciate their efforts.

Thanks for brightening our day!!

Reviewed 21 June 2013

The staff at this hotel are excellent and it is clean and safe and great if traveling with pets. The location is good for airport or to drive downtown. However, the neighborhood is a bit rough around the edges and I did not feel safe traveling to this area with my kids without my husband. There were a lot of working men and it felt dangerous on a Friday night. The hotel itself was great. The staff, pool, food and housekeeping were all terrific and the price was good, but not a great choice for single women and children.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Bill L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2013

We are glad you found our hotel, clean and friendly and that you had the chance to enjoy the pool and that breakfast and our other service where top notch. I am sorry that the area and some people made you feel uncomfortable, as our neighborhood continues to develop we are confident that those items will change, Again we are so happy you found the hotel clean and plesant and that it suited your needs well.