“Thick Pillows and Bad Placement of the Desk!”

Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South
Ranked #19 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 5 February 2013

The bed was very comfortable, but I wish I could say the same for the pillows. Also the placement of the desk was inconvenient. The noise from the steakhouse was a little annoying.

Great Customer service made the stay enjoyable!

Room Tip: Stay on the side away from the steakhouse if possible!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
ddhisey, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2014

Thank you for reviewing Hampton Inn Indianapolis South.
I'm sorry to hear you have some issues with your stay. We're constantly making improvement at the hotel, so I hope you give us another chance to make it a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

We recently took the family to Indianapolis for a long weekend. The room was clean and spacious. The newly rennovated lobby looked nice, but the breakfast area is very cramped. There are several restaurants nearby (some within walking distance). It was right off the exit, making it easy to get downtown. The kids had to try the pool. I was surprised/ disappointed there was no hot tub.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for reviewing Hampton Inn Indianapolis South.
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry we didn't have a hot tub, it was not included in the design of the pool area, but I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 November 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a typical Hampton for the price. Seemed a little understaffed but they were very accomodating once you could get in touch. I will say the breakfast sausage and omelet was luke warm at best. Average breakfast. Beds didnt seem as comfy as most Hamptons but for the money, not overly dissappointed but have stayed at better Hamptons. I am a honors member and starting to prefer Hilton Garden over Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for reviewing Hampton Inn Indianapolis South.
We appreciate your time and value you business

Reviewed 18 November 2012

Very clean hotel and spacious room. ( 2 doubles) Late arrival was guaranteed .Staff was friendly and prompt upon arrival. Nice continental breakfast with a few hot items. Staff was pleasant.
Hotel was near other resturants and minit marts. Area surrounding hotel seemed very safe. Easy access to the University of Indianapolis.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for reviewing Hampton Inn Indianapolis South.
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay, I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

I recently stayed at Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South. I must say that I would have never given Hampton Inn the time of day (for some reason I thought they were more of a Motel – think Days Inn), were it not for a co-worker who had stayed there before recommending the place. I have stayed almost exclusively at Marriott Hotels, and must say I was pleasantly surprised by this Hilton Brand.

Location - We were doing work at a plant on the south side of Indy and for us the 10 minute drive to the plant was quite convenient. Plenty of restaurants near the hotel as well as shopping. I forgot my contact lens case and was happy to find Target just down the street.

Appearance- Hotel appears to be either newly renovated or new. I was given a spacious room on the 4th floor. Room had a very comfortable king size bed, 32" LCD TV, microwave and mini fridge. A pullout couch was also provided. Decor was nice and updated. Overall a very nice place to spend the night after a long day on my feet in steel toed boots.

Amenities - While I didn't have a chance to check them out, the hotel offers a small gym and an indoor pool. A quick glance at both, and they looked clean and presentable. Included in our rate and I assume all rates was a hot breakfast buffet. As mentioned I have been staying almost exclusively at Marriott Properties, and more specifically Residence Inn – I found the food here to be on par, if not better than Marriott. Hot oatmeal, eggs, turkey sausage, fruit, yogurt, make-your-own waffles, bagels, pastries, etc. What I found really impressive are the grab bags at the front desk with fruit and pastries that allow you to grab one and go if you don’t have time to eat before starting your day.

Overall a great hotel with nice rooms, amenities and very comfortable beds. Would stay here again and I look forward to trying out other Hampton Inns in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
ddhisey, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2014

Thank you for reviewing Hampton Inn Indianapolis South.
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and it sounds like we have converted you to Hampton and Hilton.
I hope your travels bring you back to Indianapolis and we get to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

As you would expect from a Hampton Inn, the place was clean and the breakfast was great. Spacious breakfast area, larger than most Hampton's, so waiting is not as big of an issue. Conveniently located off of I-65 which is close to many restaurants and Greenwood Park Mall.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for reviewing Hampton Inn Indianapolis South.
We love having you here.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

Lucy, Duncan and Tawanda have to be the best in customer service that I have ever met at a Hilton property. This is my second time at this location and I have no complaints.

There are various restaurants in the area, a Walmart and few grocery options.

The rooms are very clean and do not have that smokey odor (even though I am a smoker).

There is a great indoor pool and good sized exercise area. Well kept, well maintained and expertly managed - from a guests point of view.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Allen W

Thank you for reviewing Hampton Inn Indianapolis South.
Your comments are important to, we enjoyed having you here.