“Great property”

Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South
Ranked #15 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 6 June 2013

This property is wonderful. Convenient to everything and the staff is wonderful. Room are clean and comfortable. Will continue to stay here when I return. Would recommend this Hotel to anyone looking for affordable accommodations at a good price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
ddhisey, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for your wonderful recommendation for Hampton Inn Indianapolis South.
I'm so happy we won you over and will get your return business, and for sharing your approval with others.
I look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Nice clean rooms, welcoming staff, and great coffee! Check in was speedy, rooms were very clean, and nice that the AC was working well. Have stayed in the vicinity at other places and this is located near many nice restaurants and shopping. Would recommend this Hotel to anyone looking for affordable accomodations at a good price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ddhisey, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review for our hotel.
We're very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your speedy return.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Stayed here as part of a road trip. The hotel is very convenient to I65 and I465. Well maintained with a great breakfast area. Room design is different from most Hampton Inns but very nice. Several restaurants within walking distance. Great breakfast. Good stop!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the time you took out of your day to complete one for our hotel and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Stayed at this hotel every year for the past 12 years. Management attention is not at the level I have come to expect from this hotel. The little things are not addressed in the same manner as previous years. The staff is still friendly but a little disorganized and overwhelmed. I will try the Hilton Garden Inn the next exit south the next time.

Room Tip: Lots of chain restaurants and stores in the area. Do not park under any of the trees unless you want...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
ddhisey, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

I'm very sorry you felt we fail you this year. We tried to provide the same service and attention to detail as we have in the past. We value your opinion and wish you would reconsider staying with us again.
Management and staff brainstormed to come up with something unique this year for our guests and we decided to have a cookout in the back yard on Saturday because there were so many guests here that really didn’t have much to do until the race on Sunday.
I hope you give us another shot, we look forward to the Indy 500 weekend and enjoy seeing each of our regular race fans every year.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

It is an excellent facility with a very conscientious staff. We have been staying at this facility since it opened in 1991. It has been updated and well maintained. It is located 20 minutes south of downtown Indianapolis.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

It’s always a pleasure having you here.
The hotel has had many changes over the years but we still have most of the same staff, many of them were here since your very first stay.
Thank you for all the wonderful years, we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

This was my first time visiting Indianapolis and I am so happy to have stayed at this Hampton Inn Location. I was close to shopping, entertainment, and food. The breakfast area can get very crowded and congested, but I will be staying at this hotel again. The hotel was very clean, parking well lit, and the front desk staff was super friendly. It made it feel at home.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

You know they say first impressions are the most important. I’m so happy you found us to be a perfect stop in Indy and we’ll do our best to make it a perfect stay for you every time, we guarantee it!
Thank you, come back soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Traveled here to attend the lacrosse quarterfinals. I stay at Hamptons all the time because usually, they are among the cleanest. This place is in a great location with plenty of shopping/dining choices around. The rooms are laid out different than most Hamptons with the desk/closet against the back wall (where the window is). Kinda cool, and different.

Now comes the bad part. I could tell that this place was probably booked full with a couple of busses outside, loads of people hanging in the lobby, etc. After checking in and getting to the room, I noticed right away a little black curly on the telephone. After further inspection, the bathroom floor had enough hair on it to make a nappy headed wig!! Totally disgusting! I took a couple of photos with my phone and tried to call the desk. No answer. Went back down to the desk to ask about a room change. No rooms available. I asked if she could have housekeeping clean the room, and she said there was no housekeeping, she was the only one working. She asked if I could clean it myself, and they would take care of me the next day.

I received a bill the next morning and went to the desk and they happily reversed all the charges and apologized. So, in true Hampton style, they made good on what was a bad situation. I am still a fan of Hampton and understand that any hotel can have a lazy housekeeper. This was pretty bad though. It honestly looked like someone did some hair trimming in the bathroom and it was never cleaned up.

Breakfast was good the following morning, although crowded. No hairs in the food :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

I’m so sorry for such a very bad experience, but I am glad you were taken care of the next morning, we stick true to our guarantee. I hope you give us another chance if you return to Indianapolis. Thank you for staying with us.