“Great place for a short stay”

Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South
Ranked #19 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Clean, super guest service at front desk, really like the bathroom supplies, the furnishings were nice and the bedding, while a little lumpy, was surely clean. Loud hallways/doors slamming were our only problems.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Brett S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear 821Faithw,
Thank you for such a wonderful review for Hampton Inn Indianapolis South. We really enjoyed your comments and we're pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very sorry inreagrds to the slamming of the doors and noisey hallway. Thank You for your business & We hope you stop again soon

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at this property in 2013. We were warmly greater by Dale at the front desk. Dale continued to impress us throughout our visit. We noticed a large group of teenagers in the lobby during our check-in. Dale was sure to get us a room away from their group of rooms for our privacy. We noticed Dale working hard in the lobby the next day while enjoying our breakfast. I have no idea if he ever went home. He seemed to always be up front every time we passed by. The hotel is clean, breakfast great. Just what we wanted!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear RCKBKk,
Thank you for such a wonderful review for Hampton Inn Indianapolis South. We really enjoyed your comments and we're pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I will let Dale know of the outstanding customer service he gave to you. I want to Thank You for your Buisness & we hope you stop again soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Would stay at this hotel again. Loved the set up in the room with the desk. Even though I am sure for sure how clean the bathroom was with the towels left in there. Everything else seemed clean. And the service made up for it.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ddhisey, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear laurarR9867EP,

Thank you for reviewing Hampton Inn Indianapolis South.
I'm very sorry you had issue with the bathroom, thank you for your understanding and patients with us and still finding such good thing to say about our hotel. We don't intend to make mistakes but when we do, we work even harder to fix them and to please our guest.

I hope if your travels bring you back through our way, you'll choose us again.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We were very pleased with this Hampton. We arrived late but the hotel had honored our request for placing our two rooms near each other and on the first floor. We were checked in efficiently and in a very welcomed manner. Room set up was different than most hotels but felt well thought out. Easy to find with many restaurants nearby. Couldn't have been better for a late arrival.

Dear Mom419

Thank you for such a wonderful review for Hampton Inn Indianapolis South.
I hope you stop again soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This hotel was a good location from downtown Indianapolis. Easy to get to and lots of restaurants around. Felt safe in the area. Staff was friendly and gave us coupons for local restaurants in the area. pool was probably the most disappointment. Did not seem very clean or used very much.

Dear Christy V.

Thank you for taking the time out to complete a review for Hampton Inn Indianapolis South.
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and the staff was very helpful to you. I'm very sorry about the pool. We are crossing over to saline and until the system full works out all of the chlorine, it'll have those little bubbles on top of the water. Thankfully it's slight. We test the pool multiple times daily as required and the state requires samples sent weekly and the health department does their regular check, so it's just a temporary issue that I hope clears up soon, and it's very safe to swim in. The switch in the system will greatly improve our guests pool experience, because no more burning eyes or fading swimwear due to the chlorine. I already am glad the chlorine smell is gone.

I hope the next time you're in town you stop again.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

The staff from the front desk all the way to the breakfast attendent was very polite and professional. My room was cleaned and smelled fresh when I open the door for the first time. there was a couple of high school baseball teams staying at this hotel during my stay. I rarely noticed them. I enjoyed my stay and would stay there again. Thanks

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ddhisey, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear Philip H,

Thank you for rating us so well in your review.

It's not easy keeping the rooms fresh, but we do whatever it takes to get the job done. We refresh everything after every guest. The Duvet and all the bedding is removed and replace with fresh, and each room goes through a regular deep cleaning.

It makes us feel great that our guest notice these thing. Thank you again,

Reviewed 14 April 2014

This hotel is located just south of Indianapolis but very easy drive into and out of the city. The staff was very friendly and assisted us with any questions we had. We stayed for almost a week and had different choices for the hot breakfast every morning. Rooms were clean and very comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Allen C,

A week is a long time to spend in a hotel room. I hope you were able to get out and see some of the sites in Indy.
One of my favorite places is the Canal Downtown. I enjoy the walk and watching the ducks and fish swim.
And Monument Circle, with another favorite, the South Bend Chocolate Factory and the Civil War museum that's under the monument. I suggest going to the top of the monument too. You can see all of Indianapolis from there.
Close to the hotel are many great restaurants, Texas Roadhouse and Carrabba's and Cheeseburger in Paradise is a great place for dinner and live music.
There's also a lot of great places to shop in the neighborhood, and the Greenwood Mall is only 4 miles away.
And about 25 to 30 minutes away you can try your luck at The Indiana Grand Casino.

I hope you got to do some of things while you were here, but if not, we'll be here waiting for you.

Thank you for your wonderful review of Hampton Inn Indianapolis South. It's always good to know we're keeping our guests happy.