“average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
kaukauna wi
“average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

This property is convienent, right off the highway, close to food and fuel, the breakfast is ok. I was on the top floor (6 i believe) right off the elevator, i was worried about foot traffic, but i didnt hear anything. Which was quite surprising since the door to my room didnt close all the way. It locked but it looked like it had been kicked a bunch so the bottom half wasnt flush with the frame. Also, being on the top floor the wifi signal was so weak i couldnt get any work done, good thing the bed was super comfortable. There wasnt anything spectacular about this hotel. But it is a good place to lay your head.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sara b
ddhisey, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Sara B,

Thank you for writing a review for Hampton Inn Indianapolis South.
I'm very sorry we weren't great for your needs. We try to be a great choice for our guests. I hope you'll stay with us again to give us another chance to try to wow you the next time.

Duncan Hisey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Seymour
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stay at a lot of Hampton Inns being on the road a lot. This is another one I will add to my list of good places to stay. It's a touch off the beaten path for me driving from MO to the East Coast, but the location is quiet, close to lots of restaurants, and starts breakfast bright and early at 6:00, which will always get a positive compliment from me. Additionally, they have a 5:30 breakfast to go in a sack for those who start earlier than me. Lastly, my room is super-wired--electrical outlets everywhere for electronics-2 extra by the TV, 2 on the work desk, and 4 by the bed. Mini-fridge works good too.

Room Tip: I had room 429 which overlooks the street and nice, suburban homes. I enjoyed that, rather than loo...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear jrperkins3,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Hampton Inn Indianapolis South.
We're not exactly on your root to the East Coast that's very true. And there's a lot of other hotel right off the highways you would normally take on your trip, so thank you for going out of your way to stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty to Hampton and we're glad we made your list of preferred hotels.
We wish you many safe travels and look forward to your next stop. We love having you here!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed in email 420. Had a late check in
and the hotel was full. Our room was changed without our notice to a King and a pull ouch couch from two queens. My 18 year wasn't happy she had to sleep in a pull out bed where you could feel the couch springs through the thin mattress. They didnt come down on the price due to their error and wanted to switch blaim on others instead of giving me a discount for the inconvenience.
However, the room was very clean and well arranged with all the updates and amenities.
Breakfast was good with two hot selections plus the regular offered continental breakfast. Big dinning room. Coffee and tea always available. Get down to breakfast early or it will be gone!
Other guests seemed nice and was not rude shouting and slamming doors when they came in late.
The air condition worked great and the lights didnt flicker like a horror movie.lol Everything worked in the room and I checked because im a crab like that :D. The king bed was super comfy along with the pillows.
Will return if im staying in the area again. For $129 plus tax and.local taxes per night make sure your room is right. I usually do not pay that much for rooms. It was higher than I expected and I didnt like I didnt get a receipt till morning under my door. They run your card and say okay without showing how much the room is so ASK!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sheri C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Hampton Inn Indianapolis South and thank you for the wonderful things you said about the cleanliness of your room and the breakfast. I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay despite the room type you thought you reserved.
I looked into the matter and according to the reservation history, there were no changes made to your reservation. It looks like the king with a sofa sleeper was the only room types we had available at the time of your booking. I'm not sure where the miscommunication came from, but I'm very sorry you thought you were getting queens. I hope you can overlook the inconvenience you experience during your stay and will stay with us again in the future.

Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

This hotel fit our travel plans perfectly on our way to Louisville. Located south of downtown Indianapolis, it is easily accessible off of I-65 and offers a quiet and comfortable room.

The breakfast was more than just a simple toast and cereal offering, it had scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, yogurt, waffles, muffins, and fruit.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear IA_Hawks,

We appreciate your time and business. We are a convenient stop over for folks passing through, but Indianapolis is a good destination too. There is a lot going on in Indianapolis. We have the Children's Museum and White River State Park that includes, the Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians & Western Art, Indiana State Museum with the IMAX Theatre and the Indianapolis Zoo and White River Gardens. But my favorite is the Canal Walk and the Fountain Square District because of all their antique stores and Duckpin Bowling at the Fountain Square Theatre Building.
We look forward to serving you again on your next trip through, but I hope sometime you make us your destination.

Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

The hotel is located in a nice area with restaurants in walking distance and short drives. The hotel staff was helpful, especially Crystal and Pebbles. Both of them provided help for food choices and tried to move me when requested but due to the hotel was booked for the entire week they were not able, but I appreciated the attempt.

The room was a King and large with a fridge and microwave. There was also a pull out couch that also made a bed if it was needed. The pool is nice and the exercise room has two treadmills and dumbbell weights. I would stay again if I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Location
Dear KYTravel89,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a detail review of Hampton Inn Indianapolis South.
We do our best to accommodate every guest, even in trying to get accommodation at other properties when we're all booked up. That includes guest that call in to make a reservation when we don't have any rooms left to sell. Calling in advance helps in most cases.
We look forward to your return and in serving you again.

O'Fallon, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here on our trip to Indianapolis and it was very nice. Clean rooms, great breakfast, fridge and microwave in room. In a very nice area with lots around (including a SuperTarget right down the road) :) Very friendly staff. We were on the top floor, and didn't really notice any noises. One downfall was the bed...drooped toward the middle, but would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ddhisey, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear StayHomeMomof2,

Thank you for a great review of Hampton Inn Indianapolis South.
We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our area is perfect for traveler. We're right off the highway and not far from downtown Indianapolis. Exit 103 off I-65 has a lot to offer.

I hope you stop by when you're passing through our way again.
MISHAWAKA, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel was recommended by a friend who lives in the area because it is considered to be one of the better for cleanliness. If this is the best that South Indy has to offer it is sad. Was not dissatisfied with my stay but I would say for the price that I was disappointed. With the abundance of restaurants in the area if they would skip the breakfast and lower the price it would make more sense.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Michael H,

Thank you for your review of Hampton Inn Indianapolis South.
We are very sorry that you weren't completely satisfied with your stay. Criticism is always hard to take, but your comments are appreciated because it gives us the drive for improvement. We get many reviews and are highly scored on cleanliness. But we must never take that for granted and must always give 100% for our guest every time. I'm sorry we fell short for you.

I hope you give us another shot in the future,