This place was insanely disappointing for the Marriott brand, and we will be following up through every avenue we can find to alert them to this fact.
When we arrived, we were put in a room that had not been adequately cleaned. We had started to unpack when we realized that there were newspapers and notes around the room. We called the front desk and they moved us to another room that was slightly larger, and we asked for a manager at this time (Friday afternoon) and were told there was not one available.
We stayed in this room one night, and then the next morning the bathroom light stopped working. We called to report it, but when we got back about six hours later it was still not fixed. We had to call again about it to be told that they were unable to fix it and that we would have to move to a third room. We packed our stuff back up and moved next door to a room with an older, louder, less effective air conditioner and no floor lamps to provide adequate lighting at night. When we asked to speak to a manager, we were transferred to a voice mail on Saturday in the early afternoon.
This room had no major problems, but the next morning we received a list of charges with no sign of apology for the inconvenience of moving rooms twice due to hotel fault. Now, if we were just picky about the bad decorations or strange smell in the third room I can see not doing anything about it, but when your own cleaning staff miss major articles in cleaning a room and then your wiring mysteriously stops working, that's the time to step up and offer some other consolation aside from a different room.
Now, perhaps it's the six years of customer service my wife and I have between us, but there's one more hugely frustrating issue with this hotel: nobody took ownership of the problems. I can only assume that the lower level staff who were there in the managers' absence had no authority to make changes in the course of serving customers, but if you're going to leave no manager for three consecutive days, especially a weekend, in a business that is inseparably linked to hospitality, you may want to consider training them and/or authorizing them to make billing decisions that will ensure future business and prevent bad reviews. I hope the managers understand what they did wrong in ignoring their guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated directly off of exit 103 on I-65 South, our hotel is located just south of Indianapolis. We're a sixty-two room, three-level hotel with both elevators and stairs. On the first floor sits our pool and hot tub, both available from six in the morning to ten at night. Our first floor also hosts our breakfast room, where guests can receive complimentary hot breakfast (included with the price of the room) and have small gatherings at night.Restaurants like Texas Roadhouse, Scotty's Brewhouse, and Cheeseburger in Paradise are within walking distance, making our hotel the perfect lodging solution for sport teams and other large groups that can't pick up and go like smaller families. You'll find shopping malls, chain retailers, and gas stations cropping up close to our location, eager to serve our customers in a quick and timely fashion. Perry Park, which features a large waterpark during the summer and an ice rink during the winter, is only fifteen minutes away and perfect for families with small children at all times of the year.As you travel deeper into Indianapolis and explore the downtown area, you'll find intriguing attractions -- including the Indianapolis Zoo, the world's largest Children's Museum, the Indianapolis Museum of Art, and the White River State Park.Finally, at the heart of the city, you'll find our famous Monument Circle. It holds the Indiana Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument in its center, which pays respect to the fighters of the American Revolution and frequently holds concerts, festivals, and free events on its multitude of steps that lead inside to the Colonel Eli Lilly Civil War Museum and stairs that take you to the top of the monument to look across the city's skyline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn Indianapolis South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Indianapolis
- Fairfield Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Fairfield Inn