“Newly remodeled Fairfield”

Fairfield Inn Indianapolis South
Ranked #74 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Newly remodeled Fairfield”
Reviewed 25 April 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel over the last 4-5 years and the new remodel was due. They did a really good job freshing the hotel. The breakfast area is spacious, well stocked with standard Fairfield breakfast items. The hotel has a good location to Resteraunts and Indy.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank 1_T_Scot

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Indiana
Reviewed 2 March 2013

As member of Marriott Rewards I know that Fairfield Inn is a reliable choice. Always expect nice updated clean rooms. Typical free breakfast of bland eggs and sausage. Breakfast sandwiches are microwaveable. Never ever had one that is very tasty. But I am happy with English muffins, bagels and cream cheese. Coffee is always good. Recent visit the breakfast area was closed for renovation so food was available in 2 converted guest rooms. No room to sit and relax so I took food back to room.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank JimHenry
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Otherwise I would have stayed in the city. OK, it's only a twenty minute ride to downtown, but my reason for being here brought me to the south side of town. I arrived later in the evening: 9:15pm. My only reasonably convenient option for dinner was Texas Roadhouse across the street, and the hotel clerk gave me a 10% discount coupon to use there. The hotel is typical Fairfield Inn, nothing special, not major complaints. I arrived for breakfast (cold cereal and coffee) about ten minutes after nine, not aware that the service ended at nine. Then woman who worked the area could not have been more accommodating, asking me if I wanted anything each time she took something away. One annoyance at the hotel: the TV automatically turns on to Fox News.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BeingFrankWithU
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We had 2 rooms for 3 nights on a recent visit to Indianapolis. The rooms were clean, the breakfast reasonable for the price of the hotel, and the staff very friendly & accommodating.
There are a number of restaurants within walking distance.
We had King suites and the beds were quite comfortable, and there were extra pillows as requested in the reservation.
The only complaint was that the bathroom door was splintering at the bottom.
Excellent value and recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Brian S
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 20 May 2012

This place was insanely disappointing for the Marriott brand, and we will be following up through every avenue we can find to alert them to this fact.
When we arrived, we were put in a room that had not been adequately cleaned. We had started to unpack when we realized that there were newspapers and notes around the room. We called the front desk and they moved us to another room that was slightly larger, and we asked for a manager at this time (Friday afternoon) and were told there was not one available.
We stayed in this room one night, and then the next morning the bathroom light stopped working. We called to report it, but when we got back about six hours later it was still not fixed. We had to call again about it to be told that they were unable to fix it and that we would have to move to a third room. We packed our stuff back up and moved next door to a room with an older, louder, less effective air conditioner and no floor lamps to provide adequate lighting at night. When we asked to speak to a manager, we were transferred to a voice mail on Saturday in the early afternoon.
This room had no major problems, but the next morning we received a list of charges with no sign of apology for the inconvenience of moving rooms twice due to hotel fault. Now, if we were just picky about the bad decorations or strange smell in the third room I can see not doing anything about it, but when your own cleaning staff miss major articles in cleaning a room and then your wiring mysteriously stops working, that's the time to step up and offer some other consolation aside from a different room.
Now, perhaps it's the six years of customer service my wife and I have between us, but there's one more hugely frustrating issue with this hotel: nobody took ownership of the problems. I can only assume that the lower level staff who were there in the managers' absence had no authority to make changes in the course of serving customers, but if you're going to leave no manager for three consecutive days, especially a weekend, in a business that is inseparably linked to hospitality, you may want to consider training them and/or authorizing them to make billing decisions that will ensure future business and prevent bad reviews. I hope the managers understand what they did wrong in ignoring their guests.

Room Tip: Rooms in another hotel are preferable.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Charles G
FairfieldInnGSR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Indianapolis South, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
I apologize if the situation was insufficiently resolved during your stay. The employee who handled your complaints is new, and while that isn't an excuse, I do hope that you'll consider that every effort has been made to fix the error on our side and that you will be willing to try us again should you come back into town. I encourage my employees to be confident and offer compensation for situations like these and I apologize that your issue was not handled well.

I'm very glad that I was able to contact you on Monday to resolve the issue, even though I wish we had been able to do more during your stay for you. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention; we want to improve on our weaknesses and it is very important to us that our employees are up to standard.
Crown Point, Indiana
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Basic amenities but for a family with 2 small children (3&6) this was a great property...nice small indoor pool (hot tub was broken so wife wasn't happy about that)...2 queen beds that were very comfortable. Micro and mini fridge to keep some things chilled. Close to many restaurants and right off i-65. About 20 mins to get back into heart of city for stuff but that didnt bother us. Plus was free breakfast that included biscuits/gravy...fresh waffles and a decent selection as compared to other free breakfast places we've been to before.

Room Tip: Hotel is small enough anywhere works...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Mooresville, Indiana
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I just wanted to let Fairfield Inn know that my husband and I wil never ever stay at one of your properties ever! He called last night to get a rate of 84 dollars that was listed online. Phillip the GSR on duty who answered said the rate for Sunday night was $99 and there was nothing he could do about it. My husband has worked for Marriott before and he was able to do that as a GSR, why couldn't he? I spoke with Reanna this morning the General Manager of the Fairfield Inn and Suites South in Indianapolis where we called last night and she said she stood behind Phillip and that he didn't have to us a lower rate and that their system wasn't updated yet to give that rate even if it said so online last night. She was absolutely rude, interrupted me several times and hung up on me. I spoke with the Jameson Inn and they were willing to give a good rate for Sunday night. I hope it was worth Marriott losing a customer.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MCRANE0603
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Courtyard Indianapolis South
#64 of 179 in Indianapolis
Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis South
Holiday Inn Express Greenwood
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis - South

Been to Fairfield Inn Indianapolis South? Share your experiences!