“Brickyard Buddies have a New Home”

Courtyard Indianapolis South
Ranked #95 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

After a bad experience at the LA Quinta nearby, our group needed a new home base for race weekend. I contacted Scot who was able to meet all of our needs & gave us a great rate.

We requested fridges in our rooms & a microwave in one. We arrived on July 27th & reminded the desk of our request and apparently maintenance forgot the microwave & fridges. The front desk associate to care of it for all of our rooms and all was good. One room was switched due to excessive noise.

Overall we had a great stay & we will be back next year. Keep up the good work guys!!! :-)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here for the 500 for a few years.
It is very clean, staff is helpfull
and you are about 8 miles from downtown
The problem is that they appear to be going to the ripoff 3 night minimum for the 500 weekend in 2015. I will be finding somewhere else for next year

Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank m m
smckay090, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear valued guest.

Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to share your stay expereince. We're happy to hear that overall you found your stay enjoyable. In regards to the three night minimum stay requirement for next's years race, that is a fairly standard stay restriction, so I apologize if you feel it does not meet your travel needs. If yo wish to contact me directly, I am happy to take another look at it with you to see what kind of fliexibility we could offer. Thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I usually stay at Marriott's, but wouldn't exactly recommend this courtyard. I was placed in the room next to a super loud elevator (i was offered the option to switch rooms, I just didn't think it was worth it by the time I had settled in and realized how loud the elevator was. For the price I would have thought the place would have better sound insulation?
The room was nice----very strange layout, but nice. Cheap coffee maker in room and coffee, definitely am used to better at lower end Marriott properties.
This place must be where the Courtyard chain is headed, it seemed kind of pre-fab and wanted to be so hip and boutique'ish. To me I'd rather just get some free breakfast and coffee--I don't need a juice bar in the lobby.

Room Tip: not near the elevator!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank AJfromCO
smckay090, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Indianapolis South. I apologize that the location of your room next to the elevator caused you to have a negative stay. Everything we do is geared towards providing our guests with an exceptional stay experience and I regret that we failed to meet your expectations. Our Lobby was renovated in 2010 to the new Courtyard Refreshing Business design that blends comfort and workability that is designed to make a guest's life on the road better. This includes The Bistro - Courtyard's brand signature food and beverage outlet. Our guestrooms generally receive positive feedback, having just been renovated within the past year. We hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future if your travels bring you back to the Indianapolis area.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Loved everything about this hotel, except for the small bathroom sink in the queen double room. It was manageable but I thought it was quite small for a double room. Good parking, updated lobby, good and efficient customer service. Did not like having to pay for breakfast, but the price was manageable. Room furniture looked updated and oh my the bed...very comfortable. Liked how the facility was directly off I-65 and within a quick drive to many restaurants. The WIFI was too slow so I used my own MIFI...no problem. I was in Chicago for a funeral but decided to get ahead of a snowstorm and come closer back in towards home...so glad I chose this hotel! If I'm ever in Indy again, you will be my first option.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank barbekirk
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We were needing room after traveling all day, they were very nice and professional. We were upgraded to a king suite and as always the room and bed was perfect! After having a few drinks and chatting with the bartender we returned to our room and had a peaceful sleep. I highly recommend this property

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
smckay090, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience. We're happy to hear we were able to provide you with a relaxing stay after a long day of travel. We look forward to having another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Had a stay at this location for a soccer tournament....The hotel was comfortable and clean. The staff was extremely friendly. In particular, we were trying to have a team dinner in the hotel, and Lacy could not have been more accommodating about getting their conference room set for us, attending to our needs and making the overall experience enjoyable. I would definitely use this hotel again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This hotel is starting to get familiar to me. On business in Greenwood, I always stay here. I start to feel at home here. The rooms are always clean, as well are the bathrooms. Greatly situated around nice restaurants and shops. Free internet, fast enough for working with VPN. The only reason I do not provide 5 star review is because the hotel does not offer free breakfast. You spend easily 8 to 10 dollars on the breakfast including coffee. And breakfast is something that a lot of competition does offer. Also I would suggest to renovate the rooms to a more modern look, for example the Fairfield look, would also be something for the Courtyard.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South
Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis - South
Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenwood

Been to Courtyard Indianapolis South? Share your experiences!