“Worst 11 Hours ever in a Hotel!!”

TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Park 100
Ranked #69 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
NY
“Worst 11 Hours ever in a Hotel!!”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I feel I am a very easy person to satisfy but when it came to this hotel, there was nothing satisfying about it. This was supposed to be a resting stop and was far from that. I checked in at 6pm with wife, toddler and 2 dogs. The front desk girl seemed to not know what she was doing and the bad part was she was training another girl on how to do the job. Right off the get go the pack and play that I requested was not in stock as I requested. Got to the room, the extra blankets I requested were not there either. Called for them and a worker brought me sheets!! So sat on the couch to relax, bad decision this was uncomfortable. So I layed on the bed, this was the worst bed ever. Got up and pulled the pull out mattress from the couch for my son, this was horrible and know I knew why the couch was so uncomfortable. Nobody got any sleep (maybe the dogs) and ended up checking out about 4:30 the next morning. This place should not have the Marriott name attached to it and as a Gold Member I can tell you this was the worst of around 20 Marriotts I ever set my foot in.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel, there are plenty others to choose from!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank TheGreatOne11
Erin M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Park 100, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
I am very sorry to hear this and I would like to talk to you directly if I may to discuss this. This is not standard for our hotel and I would like to make this right.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights in May with a group of people who were attending the Indy 500. We stayed in a two bedroom suite and got an excellent rate. The hotel was one of the few around that did not raise its rates for the race. For the group of us, this hotel proved to be a very cheap and comfortable option.

The hotel is nice. It seems well maintained and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool and work out room are both small. The pool is supposed to be heated, but it was very cold while we were there. Perhaps they turn the heater off over the summer. The breakfast was smaller than I have experienced at other chains that provide free breakfast. It basically consisted of cold cereal, bagels, hard boiled eggs, and some yogurt. Since the room had a kitchen, we ate most of our breakfast's in the room anyway. The location of the hotel is convenient to highway access and is located within driving distance of descent restaurants although there is not much within walking distance except fast food. There is a Kroger right down the street to purchase groceries.

The beds were comfortable but a little on the soft side. The room was clean and in good shape. I don't know when the hotel was last renovated but it appeared well maintained. The couch/chairs were comfortable and the bathroom was nice. My only complaint is that it occasionally took 5 minutes for the water to warm up. The room was quiet and the AC worked well. There was a separate air conditioner in each bedroom and one in the living room which is nice because some people may prefer different sleeping temperatures. The couch in the living room was a pull out bed, but we did not use it. The room had 2 TVs and a wide variety of channels to watch. There is free wi fi throughout the hotel.

My complaints about the hotel are relatively minor but worth noting. The room had a funny smell to it. No one in my group could figure out exactly what it was. It wasn't exactly repulsive but it wasn't great either. Thankfully after you've been in the room for a few minutes, you get used to the smell and it goes away. The smell was restricted to this one room and not the rest of the hotel. It seems previous guests at the hotel also didn't like the smell as the AC in the living room was lined with lavender scented dryer sheets over the outgoing vent! Additionally, every day we were there, we were given only 3 sets of towels despite the fact that there are 4 people in the room. Considering the fact that room can sleep 6 people, you think they would have this figured out but we had to ask the front desk for extra towels every single day. Not a big deal but slightly annoying. All in all, I think the room was an excellent value and we are planning on staying again here next year for our annual trip to the 500.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Ali L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Park 100, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback! We hope to see you again!

Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Starting with the good parts. Front desk staff was competent and friendly, rooms clean, physical facility very nice. The suites have an excellent desk setup, with a table that can pull out into an "L" shape. Also for once, there were enough plugs built-in, no need for a power strip! Security is also nice, you have to card into the hotel, so random people don't walk the halls. But unfortunately, with the good stuff, comes some not so good stuff. The bed was the worst, soft to the point of lacking sufficient support, really had a sore back from sleeping there, time for an update/refresh there, I think. Breakfast is also very basic, dry cereal, instant oatmeal, some muffins and bagels, hard-boiled eggs, but nothing all that freshly made (eggs, etc.), and not always room to eat. Water pressure and heat was inconsistent. Wireless similarly was problematical, slow with a lot of drops if we pushed it too hard, others seemed to have similar problems. Other hotels are doing overall better for the price.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again.

Lowell, IN
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I stayed at the one in Keystone several years ago and this was EXACTLY as I remembered even though it was in a different location in Indy. Everything was clean and comfortable. The staff was GREAT!! Love having the kitchen with kids. Will come back again definitely!!! Not too far off I65 which made this perfect for us. We bid through Priceline and struck a killer deal which made this so much better.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Next time you are in the area, Please look us up again for future reservations

Michigan
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We stayed here via Priceline, so the price was much better than the listed price. We really liked it and would have enjoyed our stay even without the Priceline deal.

We had a studio, which was big enough for the two of us. The small kitchen is nice--we didn't take advantage of it, except for the fridge since we were only there two nights, but I can see that this would be very useful for extended stays or people on a small food budget.

Someone here commented on the placement of the TV being bad--I'd have to agree, though it does swivel and I think you could turn it enough so that you could lay in bed and watch it.

The couch wasn't very comfortable--we didn't try the sleeper part of it, but the cushions were way too soft. Not a deal breaker though. My other minor complaint is the door on the bathroom, which maybe needs freshening up--it was just heavily scratched and well-used apparently.

The breakfast is adequate--not too many people notice the extra seating though. Maybe sometime the place can be re-configured to accommodate the seating & the breakfast items in one room. It gets a little crowded in the lobby area with everyone trying to grab breakfast. Food is nothing fancy--cold cereal, toast, bagels, instant oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, juice. Also, a grab 'n go breakfast if you need to hit the road quickly.

Staff was very friendly.

The place is close to a Kroger and the local mall, so if you need extra things, you aren't too far from civilization. It's also very close to Eagle Creek Park, which was the focus of our trip, for the Big 10 Rowing Championship. Excellent park--about $5 or $6 to get in (beach is extra, though I wouldn't call it a "beach" as I know it). Really clean, many trails--both rugged and not--nice ornithology center, lots of wildlife, heavily used by hikers and runners. It's also very close to the highway, so you can get to downtown Indy pretty quickly.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. Your comments are very helpful and your feedback is great to hear. I am glad you enjoyed the area. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott.
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Our family enjoyed your hospitality. Having young children is difficult to travel with and you made our stay so much easier.

• Stayed February 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to you staying with us again!
Erin Miller General Manager
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 30 March 2012

My friend and I took our teenage daughters to Indy for their first concert and stayed at this hotel, it was a GREAT experience all around! It was clean, the staff was very professional, friendly and helpful with directions. Check-in was quick, the rooms were more spacious than I anticipated and the area outside the hotel was very well kept. We'll definitely go back when in the area and highly recommend it to others!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family