“Retirement home for old furniture”

TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Park 100
Ranked #70 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Cincinnati
“Retirement home for old furniture”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

This was my first time to ever stay at a TownePlace - but that it was a Marriott property gave me confidence. Now that i've stayed there (room 218), i'm surprised that Marriott allows this kind of thing. My room was shoddy and filled with furniture that looked like it was taken off of a refuse pile or was left out on the street with a "free" sign on it. It wasn't that clean. Furniture was severely worn. The chairs were mismatched in the kitchen and even had holes in the upholstery. Doors and walls were chipped and scratched. It's like the whole place was an exercise in "who can build a cheaper hotel" (and they won). The flooring looked like it was vinyl contact paper over concrete. On the plus side - the bed was decent and the hotel staff was nice. The towels were BRAND NEW (still had paper inspection stickers on them) and nice. This place was very convenient to where I occasionally do business... but I will not return.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Erin M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Park 100, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
I am sorry to hear you felt our hotel was dated. We are undergoing a complete renovation this fall, which will include new furniture in the guestrooms as well as in the lobby. Complete with a full breakfast room. I hope you will come back and experience the hotel once the renovation is complete. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Springfield, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel March 20-24, 2013. I had to travel twice a day to IUPUI and the trip was not bad at all, so staying further out for a better price no problem. I also brought my dog and this hotel is pet friendly.
The staff like previous reviewers have said was the best. They really help boost this hotel's staying power. They are getting ready to renovate so I'd like to see what they do, because my complaint on this establishment is the dated and worn furnishings. Two days into my stay we received new mattresses and the new mattresses are really nice. So bedding will not be an issue here.
The breakfast is very skimpy, but not an issue for me. Would I stay here again, yes.

• Stayed March 2013
Erin M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Park 100, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
We appreciate your team choosing to stay with the Towneplace Suites! We love having teams with us! We are in the process of undergoing a complete guestroom rennovation so next year when your team is in town, the rooms will be done as well with a new breakfeast room and additional breakfast food options. We hope you will choose to stay with us again.
Bolton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

Let's start with the good points: The staff at this hotel was great. They did everything they could to make my stay enjoyable. My room was very clean. The location is also very convenient, with easy access to Interstate 65 & 465, but yet far enough away to have little or no traffic noise. I was attending a convention in downtown Indianapolis, and I was able to drive there in 15 minutes or less. This hotel was 1/4 the cost of staying downtown. However, that's where the good points end. The hotel itself is what I would call "tired". Peeling paint, broken doorknobs, worn carpets, that type of thing. The internet seemed to be very intermittent, with fairly long periods of no service. The "free breakfast" is the smallest and least appealing I have ever encountered, especially at a Marriott property. All in all, this hotel fits the bill for an inexpensive place to sleep, but would not be much of a place to relax.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank grubemed
Thank you for your feedback.We pride ourselves on staff service and taking care our guest and making you feel at home. The hotel is in the process of ungergoing a complete rennovation and this process should be completed by fall of 2013. This will include all of our guestrooms,hallways, lobby and breakfast room. I hope you will come back and enjoy the property again once the remodel is complete. Again thank you for your feedback.
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

Stayed here for a week while visiting our office in Park 100. Staff is very accommodating and friendly. I was upgraded to a 2 bedroom 1 bath suite which is quite roomy. If you don't mind sharing a bathroom this would be perfect for 2 people. The kitchen area is small but has everything you need to fix a simple lunch or a complete meal. The continental breakfast offers cereals and bagels plus good hot coffee. If you need somewhere for an extended stay or want more tan a basic hotel room this is the place. You can't beat the rates either.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for choosing the Towneplace Suites Park 100 as your hotel while you where in the Indianpolis area. We where happy to have you and I am so happy to hear your enjoyed your experience with us. We pride our selves in our service and hope to see you again!

Take Care!
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

this is a good and bad review. the good is the young lady checking me in was maybe the best i have ever had and ive travelled 200+ days a year for 14 years. just very friendly and grabbed snacks for holiday for our kids. the bad is i had a square of carpet cut out and replaced in my room as well as a dirty towel. not marriott standards by any means. my biggest grief would be we had a blizzard warning and cars sliding off the highway and decided to stay another night and basically got a aaa rate. i know they are in business to make money but i use to give for extreme measures to my guests $10 over the employee rate. just bad xmas spirit especially with snow up to 13 inches.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Erin M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Park 100, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Thank you for staying with you and taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I appreciate your feedback.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

I really love the location of this property. It is quiet, as well as easy on your wallet. The staff is by far the best out of any of the hotels I have ever stayed in nationwide: always professional, friendly, and helpful with any of your needs. I always feel welcome and comfortable here. Rooms, bathrooms, and kitchenettes are always clean, and everything (appliances, water, lights, etc.) is always working properly and efficiently.

I know the property will undergo renovations soon, and I am sure that it will only enhance the guest experience!

Many thanks to Samantha Simmons for the handwritten note left for me upon my arrival! Such awesome customer service!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Erin M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Park 100, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback! I am so glad you enjoyed your experience and I cannot wait for you to come back and experience the hotel again after the rennovation. I appreciate you choosing our hotel and we look forward to serving you again!
Souderton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

I found this place searching online for hotels local to a wedding we were attending this October. They offered AAA discount so for a great price we were able to get an efficiency-- full refrigerator, a stove top, and oven, even a dishwasher. It was a little chilly that weekend, and the heat worked just fine. The shower pressure was good, and the iron and board came in handy for us the day of the wedding. Our dealings with the front desk was with Drew, and we loved him! Very friendly and helpful, great sense of humor, directed us to some places around town, and gave us a courtesy call to make sure everything was okay with the room. If we're ever in Indianapolis again, we would definitely come back!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. We strive to offer the best customer service and to make you feel at home. If you are back in the Indianapolis area again we hope to see you again! Take care.