“great hotel for the price”

TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Park 100
Ranked #80 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I travel every week with my job and usually stay and higher end Marriott and Hilton. For the price I was totally surprised this hotel was as nice as it was. It was super quiet and the staff was the best. They even had free pizza one night. It is not in the 4 or 5 star category but as a person who stays at 4 and 5 star weekly it is definately worth the price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
emiller306, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Park 100, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback. If you are ever in the Indianapolis area again we hope you choose the TownePlace Suites again.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this property a few years ago, and remembered the front desk staff of ladies being very welcoming. I was hoping for the same customer service experience this time around, but it was the complete opposite.

I wasn't satisfied with check-in, nor the way it was handled. I found the young gentleman behind the counter not to be the friendliest (not sure if he was stressed, busy, or overwhelmed, but something felt a bit off with his attitude).

The room was renovated...but right next to 71st street; I could hear every car the drove by, and it was LOUD. Not sure how I managed to fall asleep with the street noise (guess I was really tired). The closet door didn't fully close, there was a green line going down the middle of the TV screen, and the bathroom mirror and countertop were dirty.

I didn't bother asking to be moved: it was a busy weekend, they were full, and I did not want to deal with the front desk again. I tried to find another Marriott hotel in the city since I am a Rewards member, but a lot of those were booked as well.

I actually liked this property prior to the renovation, especially due to the stellar service received the last time. A lot has changed since then. The only reason I booked here was due to my preferred Marriott property being sold out. Pretty sure I will not stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DT2013
emiller306, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Park 100, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

I am very sorry to hear you experienced any issues at the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to rate us and leave feedback so that we can become better. We are in process of completing our renovation in efforts to offer our guest a superior product. Again, thank you for your feedback and staying with us.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

When I stayed here in late February 2014 they were extensively renovating. There was a lot of dust, some noise during the day, and the smell of paint in many areas. They first put me in a room that must have been repainted that day. The paint odor was too strong, and there was a thick layer of dust and bits of paint on the counters. They quickly and cheerfully moved me to a different room that was much better.

It's at a convenient location, the staff was very good, the room was large, the room is very functional, the wifi worked well, and the price was very reasonable. I never ate breakfast there, it looked like a bunch of junk food for breakfast, but I'm not really sure. Something about the place made me feel uneasy, can't really put my finger on it, but nothing bad happened and everyone seemed very nice.

Next time I would probably pay a bit more and stay somewhere a bit nicer.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
emiller306, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Park 100, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We are undergoing a full renovation at this current time in efforts to offer our guest a superior product. I apologize you where inconvenienced during your time with us at the hotel. I truly hope you will come back and experience all the updates and enhancements we have to offer our valued guest. Thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This hotel is being refurbished. There a ConX boxed in the parking lot. The weekend we were there they were replacing carpet in many of the rooms. Our room had new carpet and the kickboard in the living area had not been completely replaced. The furnishing were disconnected from the wall and looked like they could fall over at any moment. The bathroom sink drain was not properly adjusted so the sink would not drain unless you actually pulled up on the stopper. The bathtub drain was clogged and the tub drained very slowly. The towel rack fell off the wall when we removed the first towel from it. The room was no the street side of the building and the windows were old so there is a lot of road noise that comes through. Also, the windows were very dirty on the inside and out. The outside of the building was not much better. It looked as if the trash had not been picked up around the building in several days. The breakfast was served in the lobby and it is a very basic breakfast (no meat, only boiled eggs that were almost rubber). There was only what seemed to be card tables set up in the lobby so there was really no good place to sit down and eat.
We were not told in advance the hotel was being refurbished. Not sure if I would have gone to another hotel but at least we would have known in advance what we could expect.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the street and ask in advance if the room refurbishment is finished
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stanford R
emiller306, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Park 100, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

I apologize for any inconvience you had at the hotel. We are undergiong a full renovation to offer our guest the best product. I am sorry you where inconvienced by this. I hope you will give us a second chance and come back and see all the brand new items in the guest suites as well as the lobby and our brand new breakfast room.

Please accept my apologies,

Reviewed 5 March 2014

The employees must have a great leader! They were always smiling and pleasant, like they truly enjoyed their jobs. The room was very clean and there was tons of space to work. I plan on staying again the next time I am in Indy.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
emiller306, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Park 100, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback and staying with us! We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

This hotel was perfectly adequate for our stay. We required a room that was relatively clean, offered free parking and a continental breakfast, and was quite economical. This hotel served our purpose, but due to our frequent trips to Indianapolis, I think we would pay a bit more and stay elsewhere next time.

General Info/Parking: The hotel is located in an industrial park-like area. It appeared safe and clean. There were the usual fast food places nearby as well as a Starbucks, Steak n Shake, Culvers, Kroger’s grocery store (about a ½ mile away), gas station, etc. None of these are really walkable, as the roads surrounding the hotel are more like highways. We did not see any sidewalks, although we were there during a blizzard. There is a strip mall within a 5-10 minute drive, and stores/restaurants included Macaroni Grill, Longhorn Steakhouse, Noodles and Company, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Michael’s, Old Navy, a movie theater, a grocery store, Bed Bath and Beyond and more. Parking is free. There is an outdoor pool.

Check-in: This was quick and efficient. Everyone on staff was very friendly! Suggestion – check in before bringing luggage in from a vehicle. The hotel is actually two separate buildings that run parallel to each other. If you are assigned a room in Building B or the farther side of Building A, it would be easier to move a car and carry the luggage in from a door closest to your room. Luggage carts are available.

Breakfast: Continental breakfast is free and quite small. There was a pitcher of milk and a pitcher of OJ as well as coffee and hot water for tea. Food items included frozen waffles, bagels, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, and hard-boiled eggs. These items are available near the check-in desk, and there is no real seating. A very limited number of trays are available to carry the food to your room. If you are staying in Building B, you will be required to go outside and into Building A to get breakfast. This was a bit of an issue in a blizzard, especially when no trays were available.

Room/Bathroom/Kitchen Area: There were several loose tiles on the bathroom floor and in the shower. Caulking/grout was black in several spots. The bathroom door and light switch were both actually filthy - fingerprints, dirt, make-up, etc. We were with a couple who stayed in a handicapped accessible room. They said that their shower (no tub) had loose tiles, no shelf (so no where to put soap, shampoo, etc.) and a shower head that was very low for the person in their party who did not require a handicapped accessible shower. They had to reach outside of the shower every time they wanted to reach their soap, razor, etc. It was also unsafe for the handicapped member of their party. If she dropped anything while using the provided bath seat, she was unable to retrieve it. Again, there was no where to put her shower items while in the shower. There is very little counter space in the bathroom and no dresser in the main area. The amount of shampoo/conditioner provided was enough for one female (shoulder length hair) and one male. No lotion or anything else provided. Water pressure varied considerably during each ten-minute shower, and hot water was scarce by the end of two showers. There was a microwave, coffee maker, plates, bowls, silverware, pots/pans and a toaster. The fridge was clean. The oven and stove top were filthy. One of the cabinets was completely blocked by the stove, so that and a drawer were unusable. Countertops were chipped. The bed was comfortable. There were four pillows provided for a queen sized bed but no extra pillows for the sofabed (although there were sheets and a blanket in the closet). The analog tv was not visible from both the sitting area/sofabed and the bed. It was on a rotating base and had to be turned depending on who wanted to watch. Several channels were fuzzy/snowy when the tv was facing the sofabed. There were four open electrical outlets near the desk/table, which was nice for charging devices. There were not open outlets anywhere near the bed. Internet was free.

Other: The buildings cannot be accessed without a room key. That made it difficult for people carrying breakfast trays, but it is also a nice safety feature. Halls were quiet when we were there.

Nothing was of major concern, and for the price, the room was fine. The hotel is located with easy access to I-465. The staff was very, very nice and would probably have happily addressed any of our concerns. This hotel is a perfectly adequate place to stay for a rate of $80, which is what we paid. For more than that, I think I would stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Check-in and breakfast take place in Building A.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
emiller306, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Park 100, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Luve2Travel35,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent experience with us. We value your opinion and use it as a resource to better our property. We understand that we did not meet all of your expectations, as we are under construction to renovate our hotel. Thanks again!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

It is a pleasure to stay at this location. The suites are SO clean and comfortable, and have everything you need for a very comfortable visit.

Erin Miller is very gracious to guests and staff, and my husband joins me in saying that we look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank laryrose
Erin M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Park 100, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We appreciate and value your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly for your next stay with us, I would be happy to make any arrangements for you.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again!