“Think Twice before you come here”

Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - College Park
Ranked #144 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Albion, Michigan
“Think Twice before you come here”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I had to make a reservation via my usual buisness company. The hotel was less than clean, it had a ghetto appearance with a large number of boxes in the lobby and even a full size refridgerator in the hall way. They advised they could not do a direct billing to my company as I always do. I paid cash and they then billed my company almost 20 more dollars plus what I had paid, two days after my leaving. I was truly unhappy and have notified all of my friends, and our buisness associates to stear really clear of this place. Especially if your allergic to feathers, as their pillows are feather and flat.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Room was filthy. Couch and rug stained. No sheets on fold out bed in couch. Stay away. The price is cheap but I'd definitely pay more and get a better room. Not sure how anyone would want to extend their stay here. A friend I was traveling with made his reservation here so I booked a room without investigating. I thought this chain could not be that bad. I was wrong. Sleep in your car first.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SgtYork
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I have stayed in many hotels and this was the worst experience I have ever had. The health inspector needs to check this place out. I was going to be in Indianapolis for a week and was trying to save money. This place doesn't look at all like the pictures on the web.

Staff was friendly - that is the only positive thing about this place. I checked in and I noticed that there were no elevators. This may be a problem for some people. I was disappointed immediately since the room seemed old, worn and dingy. But I figured it was doable. Later that night when I went to take a shower, the shower didn't work. You could take a bath, but the shower head was not working. The woman at the front desk explained to me that this was an old building. ????

I went to the office at 10:30 pm (the office is closed from 11pm-7am) and I was switched to a room across the hall. I was exhausted from traveling, pulled back the covers and there was a brown stain on the inside of my blanket. I rubbed it with a wet wash cloth and it came off. It was not a set stain. I pulled down the sofa bed, the mattress was dirty, stained an there was loose dirt all over it. Under the mattress was all sorts of crap: pennies, makeup, crayons, dirt etc. I was sick. I immediately called reservations and was told I would be refunded and Guest Services would call me in the morning. I took pictures of the filthy beds with my phone

I went back to the front desk and told the lady what happened. She asked if I wanted another room and I said "no, I can't stay here". I packed up at 11 pm and went across the street to Days Inn. The shower worked and the beds were clean.

I was told I would be refunded. I went back the next morning and was told the manager would have to refund me and would be in at 9:30 am. I left my contact info and was never called back. Guest Services also never called back.

I called guest services the next day and they had my report on file. I was told I would be refunded in 3-5 business days. It's been 3 days and I have yet been refunded.

Also , when I was moved to another room, someone else was also being relocated. I don't know what is going on here but they have signs all over that guarantee a clean room. It's a lie. I will never, ever stay at an Extended Stay. I don't know if they are all like this or not. I recommended to Guest Services that someone from corporate should book a room and see for themselves. I was told that they are independently owned .

Room Tip: Read the reviews before you go any where.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - College Park, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The blanket and mattress you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, all rooms are being placed on a deep cleaning program with the maintenance and housekeeping staff. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your survey. The management team is in the process of "fixing" this property.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at evita@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay America location in the future."
Bristol, Virginia
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We booked this hotel for four guests. When we arrived, our room was only prepared for two guests. When we asked for bedding (for the sofa bed), towels, and pillows for our other two guests, we were given the bedding (and had to make the bed ourselves), the towels, but only one pillow. When we explained there were four people staying in the room, the staff member apologized and said they had run out of pillows. So, one of our guests had to sleep without a pillow. The next morning, we asked the receptionist for clean towels and the fourth pillow. He promised us he would "make sure we got them". When we got back to the hotel that night at about 11:00pm, we didn't have the towels or the pillow. It was clear nobody had come into the room to clean it, take out our trash, or replace our towels. Also, the halls smelled extremely strong of pet odor. Even though staying here was a money-saver, it wasn't worth it. I will never book a stay at this location again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Peoria, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 16 August 2013

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. As soon as we arrived to this awful hotel, we could not even get in. While panicking, I called the hotel to see if they would let us in. A very rude woman came and let us in, and the first thing she said was "WE DON'T HAVE ANY ROOMS AVAILABLE!" Little did she know we already had our room booked and paid for. After a change of attitude, she gave us our keys to the worst hotel room I've ever seen. We walked in to the room and I immediately started coughing and shivering. The room smelled awful. It smelled like a mixture of smoke and B.O. On top of the awful smell of freezing temperature, the room LOOKED DISGUSTING.... There were stains all over the carpet and the toilet had URINE AND TOILET PAPER IN IT. After I scoped out the room, I turned the heat on since I was freezing and all I had was a light jacket. Moments later, the heater started smoking and the FIRE ALARM went off! I started freaking out and quickly turned the AC back on to the original "coolest" temperature. Like any sane person, I called the front desk, and once again spoke to the rude lady. I told her what happened and asked for help, but she replied with "Oh, that happened to someone earlier. Well, there's nothing I can do about it. The maintenance people will not be in until tomorrow." I MEAN COME ON! THE FIRE ALARM WENT OFF! After that phone call, I was immediately scared for my life. I felt completely unsafe in this sketchy room. All I wanted to do was sleep in my car. But, I decided to stay since I paid forty dollars for the room. At that point, I was exhausted and ready to sleep (I had a four hour drive the next day). So, I put on my rain jacket with the hood up, my yoga pants, and my shoes. I laid down on my backside, ON TOP of the covers, making sure not to let my body touch any part of the bed (It appeared to be dirty). By the way, I was still freezing my butt off. I woke up a few hours later, grabbed a packaged muffin from the "Free Breakfast" (I didn't trust eating any of there unpackaged food), and got the hell out of there. This hotel is seriously puking on Extended Stay America's reputation. I will never stay at another Extended Stay America, and I suggest you do the same.

Room Tip: Never stay at the Extended Stay America in Indianapolis.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mkking22
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have stayed in many, many hotels in my day -- from super-budget to some of the finest in the country. I know that you must tailor your expectations based on the class of hotel and price paid. This hotel did not meet even my modest expectations. The staff was friendly and as helpful as they could be under the circumstances, but the entire facility is badly in need of maintenance.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 21 June 2013

The bathroom shower had what appeared to be either a scab that had fallen off of someone, or a booger, or soap residue in the soap tray. (I would like to think that it was the latter.) Either way, it obviously wasn't as clean as it should have been. As for the bed, it was comfortable and the linens appeared to be clean. The side door that we used because of it's proximity to our room would not close properly without force, so when we first checked in, and whenever we returned from an outing, it was always open. (Not sure how sure that made the whole building.) Spouse said we will not ever stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family