“Days Inn Indy NW”

Days Inn & Suites Northwest Indianapolis
Ranked #128 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Rooms were good and comfortable with easy access, breakfast could be much better, and had I known the pool was out of order, I would've chosen a different location since that was an amenities my kids looked forward too. Also my room was next door to the fitness center, which I would've used if it were a bit more up to day. Overall though, minus the issues, I would say the stay was just okay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
DaysInnDesk, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Northwest Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Our breakfast is being updated in the spring, it will be full of yummy and nutritional foods for our guests to enjoy. We have many amenities available for our guests to enjoy and apologize for any amenities that do not seem fit. We keep everything up to date and in working order as much as possible. Thank you and come see us soon!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DaysInnDesk, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Northwest Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I enjoyed the stay here for the value I got. The front desk attendant was friendly and helpful in replacing a new key when one got misplaced, but when I asked for a toothbrush they were all out. The downside was their pool was closed for winter maintenance. Having a pool for the kids to swim while we were visiting our daughter and her husband for New Years was a big expectation and we were so disappointed! In our room I tried to close the drapes and they closed most of the way but still let in light! I had to use one of our suitcases and prop it up on the heater and the window sill to prevent light from coming in. The wall paper was coming off the walls above the window and they used tacks to pin it down, very tacky! The bed and pillows were very comfortable and I didn't wake up with a sore back which is good! The bathroom shower must have not been cleaned very well, there was dark pubic hair on the wall shelf where you put your shampoo and it was most definitely stuck, YUCK! The shower curtain was ripped, the tub was peeling, and the wall paper was bubbling up. They need to spend some serious money to update this building and it would be so much better! The continental breakfast was ok, two kinds of cereal could have been four in the dispenser, toast, bagels, muffins (one of which my daughter had was sour and tasted funny, YUCK), danishes which were good, juice, milk, and the waffles were probably the best thing they had. I wanted a continental breakfast so I didn't have to spend money to get food, and it wasn't that great. I am a Wyndham member and I didn't get a great value, you get what you paid for and it was cheap so I guess I shouldn't expect greatness! I am also a Holiday Inn priority member and originally looked online for one and they didn't have one listed in this area, but not a mile from my daughter's there was a new one that had been built! Next time I will definitely stay there, I may pay more but I will have a pool that's open, and rooms that are clean and not falling apart, and food that's great!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently undergoing many projects in the hotel to make us your go to choice of Indianapolis. We are renovating our rooms including the bathrooms. Our breakfast is also undergoing some healthier changes! The roof is being replaced in the spring time. We have been doing some maintenance on the pool to ensure safety while having fun! We hope you come to see the changes that are being done when they are at their prime!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Every year we meet up with family in Indy because it is the middle city between us. Every year we search for and book a hotel that meets the following criteria: Has a pool since we both have kids and adjourning rooms so the kids can go back and forth without going in and out through the hall and disrupting other people. We "thought" the Days Inn was the perfect choice. Boy were we wrong!!

THE GOOD - The rooms were actually pretty nice. We did not notice a "smell" as some other reviews said. The beds were comfortable. Most of the desk staff was very nice. The housekeeping was pretty good as well.

THE BAD - I called about 10 days before we were to check in and asked 2 questions: Confirm the pool was in working order and we were assigned adjourning rooms. I was told the pool was fine and they had us down for adjourning rooms. We arrived and the pool was closed for maintenance and were told they put someone in the room they were going to use for our adjourning rooms so there was nothing they could do. I should have made you tell the kids that they were not going to be able to swim! They were heartbroken!

THE UGLY- They somehow "ran out of milk" and had no milk for breakfast on Saturday morning. Are you serious???? There is a Costco in their front yard and they cannot walk 100 feet and buy milk???? When I asked the lady at the desk she just looked at me like "what you expect ME to walk over there and buy milk??" So I walked my happy behind over to Costco and bought milk just so the kids in our party could have something for breakfast. When we talked to the lady who "approves discounts and refunds" she said "sorry but we will not do anything since you booked through hotels.com". Well guess what its not Hotels.com fault that you failed to provide what you advertise. NO pool, NO adjourning rooms and NO milk at breakfast!!!!! By the way hotels.com tried to contact the hotel to discuss the situation with them and they refused to discuss it with them. Spoke with hotels.co, earlier today and they are STILL trying to get in contact with the hotel, 48 hours later!

I will be contacting many more people before I drop this. If you are not going to stand behind what you advertise as things you offer then shame on you!! You cannot tell me that a portion of the cost you charge does not go towards upkeep of the pool and providing breakfast for your guests! We got neither!!

p.s. The "No Partying Policy" is crap because 2am when the "Party bus" arrived back to the hotel there was plenty of partying going on and lord forbid anyone told them tone it down. Very lucky it did not wake up the kids!

2  Thank Steve W
DaysInnDesk, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Northwest Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for the feedback. I have been emailing you about your stay and I again am very sorry for the events that occurred during your stay. I am sorry that the pool was an issue during your stay and now that it will not be an issue next time. As for adjoining rooms, we have a limited amount therefore try to accommodate guests as much as we can. If a guest comes in before your arrival and requests the adjoining rooms, we cannot refuse them. As for the milk, the company that brings our pantry supplies ran out and never brought us milk. We had to make the judgement on how many gallons to buy. I am sorry that our estimate was short. Since then we have changed the company that supplies our milk. I cannot wait to see you again and hope that your next stay is better.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed just one night but the halls and stairwells smell musty, the Internet did not reach our room, and the continental breakfast was pulled away from us as we were filling our plates at 5 minutes til 9 am on a Saturday. Complained to the front desk and were told we would get an email from the manager, but we are still waiting to be contacted.

Stayed: December 2013
DaysInnDesk, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Northwest Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

I apologize for the smell, we try to get rid of any
unwanted smells that linger in the halls and rooms with filters and
sprays all over the hotel. We try to preserve as much energy as
possible therefore the heaters and appliances in the room are turned
off in between guests' staying in the room. The heater does not take
long to heat up and if it does we will happily change your room. As
for breakfast, our housekeepers do not arrive until 9am when breakfast
ends and they know to not remove anything until everyone is
done getting their food. They usually do a great job at this. I will
look into what happened during your stay. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

My wife and I have stayed in Days Inn NW a number of times over the past 3 years, 5 nights per stay, My wife is quite particular and we will stay there again without question. The property is not new but it is clean and quiet. Most important to us: the windows open. We can and do get fresh air. (Stale air is almost universal in hotels and motels regardless of cost.) The breakfast is more complete than in most other motels and the staff has always been polite, responsive and helpful. The indoor pool is large, clean and warm - like the place really. It is an excellent value.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
DaysInnDesk, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Northwest Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We love return guests! They can personally see the changes we are making and give us the most advice. I am glad to hear that you will be returning again and look forward to seeing you. We are currently going through many changes like renovating our rooms, the roof, the lobby, and breakfast items. Thank you for the review!