“Great Staff! Will stay again”

Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - West 86th St.
Ranked #124 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I stayed at this property and was surprised at how attentive the staff was. The check in process went great and I didn't even have a reservation. Kristy is a great asset to your company, by the way. I asked a housekeeper for a pillow and she was eager to help. Will definitely stay again when I am in town.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - West 86th St., responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your shower curtain wasn't replaced and that you weren't 100% satisfied with your stay. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again at the. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays at 317.334.7829 and ask for Jason Shirley and I will personally make your reservation for you here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - West 86th St.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

First, I arrived with as part of a group that had a block of reservations. I had a confirmation number and was listed in the group, but the check in attendant told me that my reservation was for the night before. She told me there was no room available. Eventually she found a room but told me I couldn't have the discounted rate that the block was getting. At this point, one of my kids was crying and upset because we didn't have a room, so I didn't argue any further. I found out the guy who made my reservation (apparently incorrectly) was "terminated."

On our way to the room, we encounter dogs in the hallway. Apparently, this hotel is pet friendly. Good if you have pets, bad if you have allergies or want to sleep without barking. We finally make it to our room and there is a large black bug laying dead in the middle of the room. I scoop it up and throw it away, hoping it's alone. The filter was out of the airconditioning unit, and when I was putting it back in, I found crumpled up wad of paper by the couch.

When we went to get towels for the pool, there weren't any available. They were to be done in about 40 minutes....along with the sheets for the pull out couch. When they were finally done, there were no pillows available. Somewhere along the trip to and from my room, we encountered more dogs. One person alone had 5. All of them barking at me and blocking the entire hallway as I tried to get through. In the 6 rooms towards our end of the hall, I counted 8 dogs. That made for a fun night as the barking dogs were taken outside to do their business.

Finally after getting the kids to sleep, I noticed a strong smell of dog urine which I hadn't smelled up to this point. I tried to tell myself I was imagining it, but it just kept following me it seemed. Then I realized it was because I had been walking on the carpet with my socks on. My socks smelled like dog urine.

All in all, it was not a good stay from the reservations, to the cost not being adjusted (due to someone else's error), to the lack of cleanliness and clean towels and linens. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't get a room by an outside door. Since the hotel is pet friendly, you will hear lots of open...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - West 86th St., responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that outside noise doesn't interfere with a guest's stay. Additionally, our hotels are constructed in such a way as to mitigate the noise from outside disturbances. In the event that you are disturbed by an outside event while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

I have been at this Homestead Suites for the past few days and will spending at least a month here. I checked several other similar spots in this area of Indianapolis and found them to be less than desirable. Since check in I have found the staff to be friendly and they only know how to say "yes" to whatever I need.

The one bedroom apartment is clean and comfortable. The kitchen has a dishwasher, sink, stove, full refrigerator, and microwave. All the dishes and silverware are also right in the kitchen. The heated INDOOR pool is nice for the time of the year also. The location of the hotel is perfect to I-465 and I-65. I recommend this Hotel to anyone looking to stay in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 6 September 2012

I had a lovely time. Service was great and the staff was the best. I had just a little trouble with the card entry, but the front desk took care of it immediately. It's a very "laid back" kind of place. Tucked out of the way from a lot of the traffic. Very quiet and they allow pets!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Reviewed 5 September 2012

The hotel was delightful. Close to the interstate and nearby shopping and grocery stores. The staff at the hotel was great. Quiet and pleasant stay at this property. With my travels all over, in over 100 nights on the road per year, this is the reason this hotel got a 5 rating. Internet service, cook out area, indoor pool is just a small sample of the charm of this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite upgrade. A real deal if available.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank WorldTraveler2492

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Homestead Studio Suites was recently the hotel of choice for our family reunion out of town guests. The accomodations were clean and the staff was extremely pleasant. We recieved nothing but rave reviews from our family members on the courtesy and helpfulness of the staff and their willingness to go above and beyond to ensure everyone was comfortable and taken care of. The hotel was clean, quiet and very pleasant from the moment you walked in the lobby. Our family members really enjoyed the wonderful breakfast and its close proximity to shopping, dining and highways. We can't say enough of how the hotel was able to handle a group of this size and still maintain a very high level of service. The courtyard are was well kept and provided an excellent ambiance for our family to enjoy each other's company. Once again thanks to such a great staff for delivering such an excellent experience!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels

Reviewed 24 July 2012

I booked a block of 20 rooms for a bowling tournament during July and after a few hiccups, of which the Homestead Suites staff were able to fix prior to our arrival, the week was a wonderful experience. The hotel was conviently located for our needs, with shopping, food, and entertainment all reasonably close. Rooms were clean and staff were very accommodating giving us suggestions on what to do during our down time with numerous families and kids of various ages. Wasn't sure what to expect for such a low price but it far exceeded my expectations. Thanks to all the staff at Homestead, with special mention to Jason, Erin, and Kristi, for making this a successful trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Erin V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - West 86th St., responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of the Homestead Suites - Indianapolis Northwest. We take pride in satisfying each and every guest, therefore, it is rewarding to read your review of your recent visit with us. Even though you did experience a few hiccups, I'm happy to hear that our efforts to correct your hiccups allowed you to enjoy your stay with us.

We hope you will visit Homestead Studio Suites in the future and repeat your experience with us.