“Girl Scout rewards trip March 2013”

Rodeway Inn North Conference Center
Ranked #154 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We recently stayed at the Caribbean Cove overnight with our girl scout troop and families for a yer end overnight reward, and it was wonderful....despite reading all these reviews! The staff has put great effort into accomidating each visitor. Check in was easy, we went right to the water park, which WAS clean! Both hot tubs were open. We were there on a weekend, and it was busy, it was hard for them to keep up with clean dry towels, but they managed. Throughout the day/evening I was impressed with the lay out, they had a movie night, which we could watch from our bedrooms, with free popcorn passed out. The food stand had great pizza and snacks very reasonably prices, no need to go anywhere. Our rooms were very clean, and quiet. All staff helped when we needed anything, esp w/ 10 girls. They are doing a great job!

Room Tip: plan ahead to request a room that opens up to the main swimming area with a balcony!
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn North Conference Center

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I dont want to completely shoot the place down because my childern really did have a great time and if you asked them if they wanted to go back they would probably say yes. We did get to check into our room 4hrs early which was nice but during check in the girl that I was dealing with was new and still needing to be shadowing someone because first she couldnt find my reservation and then the next morning at breakfast I was reviewing our muesum tickets and noticed we were given 4 youth tickets instead of 2 youth and 2 adults. The problem was resolved quickly at the desk and luckliy I had noticed the mistake before we had left for the muesum. Our room was clean and nice, beds were comfortable but I had paid extra for the Artrium view and really regret it. The view was pretty and the kids liked to be able to see the pool area but quiet time was suppose to start at 11pm and it was not enforced. It was way after 1am before it was finally quiet down there. I couldnt sleep and was so angry that I had actually paid extra for this room. Our toliet had gotten plugged up and I had to call down twice before they finally sent someone up with a plunger. We didnt know until after we had gotten there that the water park was open to the public so needless to say it was a bit crowded. All the seats were taken and this was at 12pm, finially someone was nice enough to give up one of their extra chairs so we had somewhere to put our towels and bag. Also I had read onine that every 2hrs they have everyone get out of the water to do a water/body check, we were there from 12 -4pm and then again from 7pm -10pm and that never happened. The waterpark and water at times were alot cooler than what I had expected. It got to the point sometimes me and my youngest child were really cold. I dont know if that had to do with the fact that the entry door to the park kept being left open allowing really cold air in from outside. If you have your own safety vest for your childern to wear I encourage you to bring your own because we never got to use the ones they supply because there were never any available. Also it was very diffcult to enjoy the lazy susan and the water tube slide because there were never any tubes available. Me and my son would have to stand next to the pool and wait for someone to give up thier tubes. And then you would get one and be hounded by other people who were wanting a tube as well. At the top of the slides there was one lifeguard which they always seemed really overwhelmed. They would send person after person down the tube slide and you would be waiting what seemed like forever before they would give you the okay to use one of the other two body slides. The food court in the pool area was not very clean. They had only two people working and they were so busy and unorganized they couldnt keep with everything. Our pizza ended up being given to the lady who had been behide me leaving me to wait even longer for mine. The floor infront of one of the trash cans was so sticky that my flip flop actually came off of my foot when I lifted my foot to walk away. Like I said I dont want to completely shoot the place down because you might go and experience nothing that I did I am more or less doing the review in hopes the hotel corperit will read it and make some changes so if we decide to come back in the future we have a better experience.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

We have stayed at Caribbean Cove twice a year for the last eight years. Since Holiday Inn sold it to an unknown party it has gone down hill considerably and we will not return! They were not friendly when checking in and never welcomed us there or said I hope you enjoy your stay. Every time you would walk past an employee they alwas said hello, not one person did during our stay. Staff doesn't seem to like working their either. Our room had old stains on the bedding and blood stains on the extra pillows for the sleeper sofa. The shower curtain was broke and the shower curtain would not stay in place. Ceiling tiles in the bathroom were hanging down. No fan in the bathroom on the 5th floor(first time we had a room on the 5th floor). Room was very humid with four people taking a shower. Windows in the room had lots of moisture on the inside and you could not see out...slimey water sitting in the window sills. The water park use to have double tubes for the water slides and the lazy river. Only single tubes now and not enough for all guests and most of them were only half blown up. Had to wait forever to use a tube for lazy river and slides. Also, there was always a rule that you had to use a tube in the lazy river and no swimming. This rule no longer exisits and kids were running into our tubes, horse playing or swimming underneath you. We had stressed our conerns withthe room at the front desk but they did not seem to care and the girl was rude when we were talking to her about it and said she would have the manager contact...never heard a word. This was not a relaxing trip. We were VERY disappointed during our stay and will not return.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the 5th floor!
Reviewed 11 March 2013

This was our second trip to Caribbean cove and we will not be back. We arrived 2 hours early and could not check in so they gave us our passes for the park. That was great! It went downhill from there. I waited through a 25 min line to be told our rooms were not ready yet. I made reservations on 2/17/13 for 3/9/13 I really thought that was the point of a reservation. I had asked for our 2 rooms to be together, they were at opposite ends on opposite sides. I asked to talk to the manager on duty and was told the manager was the one who said my rooms were not ready she would make no eye contact with me. The rooms were dirty, the place is very understaffed, and they have no knowledge of running a hotel. I went to the room there were 4 lamps but only 2 worked. I asked the housekeeper for 2 lightbulbs, one lamp did not have one. I was told the supervisor would be there in 20 mins, the supervisor never arrived. There were 2 towels in the room for 4 people. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME. THEY ARE VERY RUDE AT THE FRONT DESK!

1  Thank Jane M
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Very nice hotel and great waterpark. Our kids had a blast. We had a living social deal so we were able to use the waterpark at 10 am on Saturday and until 10 pm on Sunday. We have young kids and there was plenty for them to do. Room was clean and spacious. We had no issues checking in but did see a small line around 4 pm when everyone was allowed to check in. They get a longer line due to everyone wanting to check in right at 4 so they can get in the waterpark. They had great pizza too.

Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

I will be brief As to not repeat. AWFUL! dirty rooms, slow service, overcrowded, all pool tables broken, ran out if towles every day, food the worst ever and resturant service a joke. I will NEVER come back.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank 618er
Reviewed 7 March 2013

No pool towles, not enough tubes, giant ceiling fan not working, BOTH hot tubs not working, closed water slides early, both showers in mens pool bathroom not working, only one desk clerk working on a Sunday afternoon and the service was fair at best.
I gave this place 5 starts about 4 years ago. It's an armpit now. The only reason that its go 2 starts is that the motel room itself want too bad.
Frankly, this place needs sold to some ownership willing to put alittle money in it and bring it back to what it once was...if its not too late

1  Thank JEFF555