“Fun family getaway”

Rodeway Inn North Conference Center
Ranked #160 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I was scared about what we were getting ourselves into after reading some of the reviews of this place. We arrived at 3pm which is an hour before check in. We we allowed to check in early which was nice. There was a small problem with our reservation saying it had been cancelled on there screen but the receptionist fixed the issue right away. We staying in a nice clean room that overlooked the atrium pool and hot tub. I nice view! We went swimming at the waterpark. . It was not overly crowded. A decent number of lifeguards. Towels were available. The arcade was fun too. Aprox. 40 games with points that automatically are put on your game card that are redeemed for good prizes. Better than other arcade prizes we have seen. Our stay package that we purchased also included a free pizza that could be redeemed at 3 different locations in the hotel. There is a sports bar in the hotel. That is where we redeemed our pizza coupon. We also enjoyed homemade potato chips which were yummy. Our package also included free buffet breakfast in the morning. It was delicious and included scrambled eggs, French toast, potatoes, sausage, doughnuts, cereals, yogurt with toppings and fruit. Drinks were included too. We arrived at 9am for breakfast and although they were busy we got a table right away.
We had a great time and if we are in the area will stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Where do I start? The hotel check in time is at 4 PM. We arrived and were told that our room was not clean yet and to come back in an hour. Did this and waited in line until around 6 PM when we finally got keys to a room. We went to the room and it was still not clean. There were also no towels or wash clothes. We called housekeeping and were told that they had several washers/dryers that were broke and they would get towels to us when they could. Towels arrived several hours later and were still damp. The water in the water park was ice cold, cloudy, and appeared dirty. The carpet in the hallways is shabby and the entire hotel appears unkempt. Do not stay here!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 737JohnK737
CCH M, Manager at Rodeway Inn North Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Thank you for your post. Many of our negative posts on this site are mainly in a 5 - 6 week period of time where we had to run a very difficult system manually. Our hotel has over 330 rooms and times that by 4 and that is the amount of guests we get here on a weekend. Imagine trying to check out around 800 guests on Friday morning by 11 am and then cleaning 200 + rooms by 4pm without any computers to communicate which rooms are clean, dirty or occupied to the front desk. With a smaller hotel with less guests and less rooms this may be somewhat easy to do, but with our property it was very difficult and because of it we had long checkin lines and very upset guest. Since this occurred we have purchased a state-of-the-art computer system, purchased more water park accessories, amenities for our rooms, along with many more exciting projects. We are very sorry for the inconvenience you had during your stay and hope that you will come back and give us another try. Please call or email if you have any questions or concerns anytime!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This hotel was by far the worst experience that I have ever been on. Went on business and took many other with me, and they ALL feel the same way. The service is slow, My keys didnt work, my room was not clean when I walked in. I have writing on my mirror, I had dirty towels, and I mean gross. No toilet tissue. No blankets on beds. It smelled old, just as its looks when u walk in. Very out dated. The hotel management was poor, and not available to assist any concerns or willing. They also gave keys to new people to come in while you were already occupying the room. Walked on u if you didnt have your door dead bolted. Its loud, the water park is cold and not clean. Dont bring your kids here. THe security had to be called due to strange notes being left on the door. And illegal things take place here. Just play it safe and find another hotel. oh front desk staff was nice.

Room Tip: dont book a room here
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2013

2 p.m. Friday April 5th, 2013, the Health Department shut the kiddie pool and then the larger pool down. Don't know why and really don't care to know why. I do not know how this place stays open. The other comments are correct- STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I wish I had visited this site before I stayed at this hotel. I agree with what most people are saying regarding this hotel. It is very dated, stained carpet, dirty linens, smelled musty, the desk staff was not helpful, the host at the restaurant was rude, and the waterpark had very lackadaisical staff. Our group had 5 rooms and we were very disappointed. Next time we will meet at a different location.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Terrible. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Dirty and extremely outdated. I'll walk you through my experience. First of all, the exterior doors do NOT require a key to enter (huge security issue for me). The carpet in the hallway is filthy and old. The heater vents in the entryway are broke and falling apart. The blackout curtains inside my room are falling apart, almost shredding, the exterior facing side of them are moldy and covered with mildew. The carpet in our room is damp. Small piece of gum stuck to our top sheet. The tv remote doesn't work. I am surprised they have flat panel TVs in the room!!! (Probably the only positive thing in the room). Old bathroom fixtures. Bathtub is old, stained and scratched. They tried painting it in spots. The toilet does not flush well. Haven't used the shower yet, Lord help us!! The tp roll was setting on the back of the toilet, not in the holder, when we arrived. I wasn't sure how to rate "service". Apparently the cleaning staff drops the ball a lot. But, the employees that I came across were all very polite and helpful, except for one front desk gal. The lifeguards by the atrium pool were very chatty with other lifeguards, didn't seem too concerned with the many kids in the pool. We are staying here for two nights, or u should say we were. They shut the waterpark today due to a chlorine level problem. Kinda stinks since this was a mini spring break getaway for us. If we didnt drive 3 hours to get here we wouldn't still be here. I won't be back to this place. I can't imagine how they stay running. I would guess they do not have many repeat customers. I wished I had read reviews prior to booking. I would be at Kalahari instead!!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We waited 45 minutes to check in only to find our room wasn't ready, even though it was way after the 4 pm check in time. Luckily, we could put our things in our parent's room, but their room still had cleaning people when we arrived at the room. The elevator was full of wrappers, crumbs, dirt, etc., and didn't look like it had been vacuumed for weeks. We were excited for the water park, only to find very cold water and air temperatures and a lukewarm hot tub. The slides were leaking everywhere, and there were so few tubes we had to wait a long time each time we wanted to go down a slide or go around the lazy river (which was the coldest of all the areas - not very relaxing!). We always gave up our tubes up after going down the slide, but most others just kept them for themselves. There were no towels when we got there, and when we finally got some, they were not much bigger than hand towels. The kids had fun on the tube slide (but we only went once because of the wait for tubes), and the kids area was entertaining. When we left the water park, our room was ready, but it was not very clean, and overall it was very dingy - scuffs everywhere, tiles coming out in the shower, etc. Plus, we had no clock. When inquiring about this, all the staff said was, "We don't have any clocks." The breakfast was good and one of its only redeeming qualities. We will not go back.

• Stayed: March 2013