“It's okay... really needs maintenance and more staffing”

Rodeway Inn North Conference Center
Ranked #153 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
“It's okay... really needs maintenance and more staffing”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Hello I am from Cleveland Ohio and we stayed at the hotel from June 20th thru June 22nd. Between my family reunion and a few other conventions that the hotel had during the weekend, I really felt that they were understaffed. All rooms were booked, which is a good thing for the hotel. It took bout 25 to 30 minutes for us to check in Bc there were only 2 people working the counter. The lobby was nice but could use more lighting. I tried to request a room with a balcony hoping to get a view of the indoor pool or a king size bed. However I was told they could not accommodate me for it. So I had to settle for a view of the parking lot.

Hallways:

Our room was on the 1st floor, so it was convenient to the water park and the pool. As my family was walking down to out room, the hallway was very muggy with a musty smell. That was probably Bc of the water park and pool. The hallway carpet is old and should be replaced. On one of the floors, I tripped and almost fell Bc a huge piece of carpet was loosened from the floor. A couple of the housekeepers saw me trip and just giggled about it.

The room:

The room was just ok. The bedding look newer and the did have flat screen tvs. Those seemed to be the only things that were updated bout the rooms. The wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling off in multiple spots and the tiles in the showers/ tub were kinda dirty. Looked kinda like mildew between the tiles. We had to call maintenance Bc the tub drained slow as she was showering. They did come and fix it.

The food:

They do provide free breakfast. It was okay. We only ate their on Sunday Bc they had staff making omelets (which were very good). I felt they didn't have a wide selection of food on Saturday for vegetarians, which was why we ate at Cracker Barrel across the street. We had a banquet there Saturday evening. The food was very good.

The pool & water park:

The park was nice. They have bout 3 water slides. The kids had fun at the park. The price dropped down to $5 after 5pm. I was upset that the jacuzzi was out of order the day I wanted to go in there. I didn't go into the pool, but it looked nice. They have a mini arcade and pool table in the pool area.

Overall:

I would ONLY consider coming back to caribbean Cove if they do a better job with the upkeep. It's a decent place to bring ur family for a good time for a night or two. If ur expecting Great Wolf or kalahari, then u will be very very very disappointed. Lol. But this place is okay. After its all said and done, my family (family reunion) really enjoyed their time, and that's what really mattered the most. With the limited amount of staff, they were kept very busy the entire weekend. And i will remember them for being nice to guest.

To the Caribbean Cove representatives:

I can see why guest complain about this place, however it's not a dump. If the company just put more money into the hotel, it will be way better, and these reviews will get a helluva lot better. I know that whatever representatives who read these reviews will just say that they appreciate our reviews and they'll hope our next stay will be a better one blah.. blah.. blah.. Just do it! Yall need to do a better job in staffing and in the UPKEEP. If yall wanna be average to below average hotel, then you are doing a good job at just that. This place has potential, but it's only going to be as good as you make it. Right now just average.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Lobby was nice. Room was filthy, waterpark was disgusting and the guests were frightening. We spent a couple hours in the waterpark to appease the kids, showered and left to check into a clean hotel. Hubby wishes he had bothered to check the reviews first. $100 wasted.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Omzig4
CCH M, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn North Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with us and sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback so we may do our best to recify those issues for future guests. From the staff at Caribbean Cove we wish you safe future travels and hope to see you again.
Bremen, Indiana
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I just returned home from firefighters convention at this hotel. I had been reading reviews for just about a year prior, as we know 2 years in advance of our next location. That being said, I will say it was not as bad all the negative reviews I had read.
Let me start at check-in, quick and very pleasant. Room, WE had 0 problems.
The MAIN PROBLEM of this property, is maintenance. Main being air-conditioning. The pool area, which you would assume to be warm, was REALLY WARM. SOME of the meeting rooms were REALLY warm. With a group of about 250 (just guessing), when you gather that many people in tight quarters, it gets really warm QUICK. That is MY main complaint!!
Our room did not have problem 1, my group was a group of 18, NONE of us had any problems, although HEARD that some did.
The staff was great the food at St. Paul's, had a really good breakfast!!
Our convention had a few glitches, but nothing major that I could see.
The MAIN COMPLAINT from just about everybody was the air-conditioning in the common areas.
I "heard" that some rooms had a problem with it. But every room I was in, it worked fine.
The property is really nice, but REALLY NEEDS SOME MAINTENANCE !!
I can't say ANYTHING bad about the employees, they seem to work hard with what they have to work with.
Will I stay here again? Not until some things change, however, "I" have no major complaints, it use to be a Holiday Inn, but things have changed quite a bit since then
We did not use the water park, so I have nothing good or bad to say about it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Fire19
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I was aware of the reviews before I went, it wasn't as bad as I expected but has its niches. The lobby and breakfast room are very nice and clean, they make sure to give you a good first impression. But as you enter the halls the wallpaper is peeling off and our room was a little messy. We must have gotten a nicer room compared to other reviews below. We were here with much of my family for my younger cousins who all love water parks except me, but I like watching them. The water park is very large and nice, my younger brother and cousins had a blast on the water slides. But they only has 15 inter tubes for the whole park with over 100 people in it, and we had to wait 4 hours for them to bring towels to us. Breakfast is good, and it is neat to see the big courtyard of the former Holiday Inn (what is was before, a huge Holiday Inn). So overall it was ok but one of the worst hotels I had stayed at, if you are going to stay here which isn't too bad, just beware and don't expect a super nice hotel, also you will want to see the neat Pyramids a modern skyscraper like pyramids a famous Indianapolis landmark which is next to the hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jacob M
CCH M, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn North Conference Center, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. It is great to know that you enjoyed your time at the Caribbean Cove Hotel. It is our goal to make everyone's stay with us a great experience. We will take your feedback and use it to better our hotel. We hope you will consider staying at the Caribbean Cove Hotel in the future.

Lanesville, Indiana
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

You can tell this hotel was once a very nice place, however it is by far from nice now. Rooms felt gross from minute of arrival, curtains torn, ceiling tiles need replacement, vents dirty and need replacement, and security lock on door broken. There was no soft drinks in the vending machines and when we wanted our $2.00 back from putting it in the machine we got $2 in nickels. Since there was no soft drinks we went to get ice for water and the ice machines didn't work! Then we get to the indoor water park and it was freezing inside, I had to go back to my room and put on pants and a hoodie several ppl were wearing there winter coats. The floor was filthy dirty with used band aids laying around and just plain dirty! At only 1 point during the 2 days we were there did they have towels and when we got those they were still damp and not completely dried. On day 2 the slides were closed for maintenance they were giving day pass tickets at half price but didn't offer a refund to ppl that had stayed the ngt . Dont go to this place

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank srz4778
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I would like to apologize that you did not have a great experience at the Caribbean Cove Hotel. We strive to make every guests stay a great experience. We will use the feedback you provided to better our hotel and services. We hope that you will give the Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center another chance in the future.

Indianapolis
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

This place is disgusting. The rooms are nasty. There were stains all over the walls and ceiling. The bathtub was full of mold and just plain dirty. The area around the base of the toilet looked as if it hasn't been cleaned in months. I couldnt see out of the dirty scummy windows and there were water stains on the inside of the wall beneath the window. The linen and towels were so dingy we went to walmart to purchase our own out of fear catching something. The stairwells were slippery from ceiling leaks and some hallways had ceiling leaks soaking the carpet beneath. Dont get me started on st pauls restaurant, my wife and I both were sick from that disgusting food. My wife is 4 months pregnant and had to be taken to the hospital as she was vomiting non stop and more but thats TMI. Also everytime I went to the front desk to complain ironically there was someone else complaining and the staff all look shady. So in conclusion dont go I promise you will regret it and read the other reviews, there all similar. This place is horrible, we even left early because we couldnt stand that hell hold. Thanks caribbean cove for ruining our well deserved vacation.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank americantravealot
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We strive to make sure every guest has an outstanding experience and I would like to apologize that you had issues during your stay. We have not had any similar reports about guest getting sick from Café St. Paul. We are required to follow strict laws on food preparation and food handling. We will use your feedback to correct the issues you had during your stay and hope that you will keep Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center in mind for future travels.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 4 April 2014

My family and I have been here once before when the hotel was owned by Holiday Inn and we had a good stay...let me just say things have changed! The rooms are gross! Mold on the ceiling, dirty bath tub, bed appeared to be falling apart, and the floor would be more comfortable than the mattress. My kids had a great time and were oblivious thank goodness. When I presented my issues to a manager she took $70 off our stay. This took away some of my anger but we'll never go back.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank MomNP33
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. It is great to hear your kids had a great time but I would like to apologize for the issues that you had during your stay. We take all guest feedback and use it to better the hotel. This hotel is an older property and we are working on correcting the issues that guests bring to our attention. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.