“This place was absolutely perfect!!”

Rodeway Inn North Conference Center
Ranked #153 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“This place was absolutely perfect!!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed all over the USA and this was the best place we've never stayed with our children. They were there for us every step of the way great customer service beautiful room wonderful staff I give it 5 stars good job!

• Stayed July 2014
CCH M, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn North Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. From all the staff at Caribbean Cove thankyou for the wonderful feedback, we hope you visit us again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Dubois, Indiana
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We also stayed here for the fireman's convention. Rooms were NOT worth $81.00 per night. Very worn out and our security lock was broken. Bathroom was very worn -- our shower curtain rod was sagging. No ice machines on our floor worked -- we did find one that worked 2 floors up. All hallways were extremely hot as if no air conditioning even worked in the hallways. There was no complimentary newspaper in the morning in the lobby as advertised. The exterior of the hotel i.e. landscaping was awful -- I certainly hope convention is not held here again. They need some serious renovations and updating.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank firewife2014
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Check in:
I would give the staff a "A+" since we were able to check in early, but my reservation was lost do to a glitch in their system.

Room:
I would rate the king bed/sofa bed room a "D." The room is extremely out dated! Do not book expecting a homewood suites or Hampton inn experience. For the price of $229.00 that included 4 wrist bands for the water park was a complete rip off.Motel 6 has a higher standard than this hotel. The bathroom was rusty, moldy and the caulking around the tub was trying its best to cover it up. Bed was hard pillows not used because they were lumpy.

Waterpark:
I have 3 small children 6,3,1. I would rate the park a (B) and the only reason I'm not giving it an A was it was a little crowded being it was Saturday and the water park is open to the public. The life guards do a great job observing, and slides are fun. Lazy river was fun also, water was clean and had appropriate chlorine. My children had a blast playing.

Overall: Stay at another hotel and buy the public pass. Since I'm not from the Indianapolis I should of done some better research shame on me. I would rather of taken my children to the museum or zoo since the museum is rated the best children's museum in the US, and how could you go wrong at a zoo. I felt completely ripped off! I'm extremely disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Jkfrancis
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I worked with the staff here for 2 years while I was planning our family reunion. The staff treated me with the utmost respect throughout this time. Any questions or concerns I had were always addressed. Even when I just "dropped" in without an appointment, I was greeted kindly and taken care of. On the weekend of the reunion, 6/20/14-6/22/14, we had close to 200 people attend and approximately 131 rooms booked. Again, the staff was very friendly, attentive and helpful. The desk staff was wonderful, the banquet staff, and OH MY GOD did I mention that the food was WONDERFUL!!! THANKS TONY!!! I knew about this hotel beforehand because my granddaughter had had 3 birthday parties there. I know that nothing is ever going to be perfect, however, what you do want to happen if there is an issue is for the issue to be resolved. And I can say again that anything that was wrong(which was minor) was fixed immediately. They were completely out of rooms which says tons about the hote! When they have a ton of empty rooms is when you should worry:)( They want to fill the hotel). So I just want to reiterate that I had a wonderful time, couldn't have asked for a better staff,(Thanks Nicole, Nate, Tony, Ronnie, Bob, Anthony, Janana, Tiffany, and anyone else that I may have missed. If your name was left out, I apologize as you know, I am still recovering.....(smile) . I normally don't read reviews because I like to form my own opinion and most reviews wont acknowledge the good so and thanks again
Caribbean Cove staff keep working hard

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thankyou for leaving such amazing feedback. It was wonderful to meet you and a pleasure to have your family here. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! From all of the staff here at Caribbean Cove we are so appreciative of your business and hope you will use us again for any future events!
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Hello I am from Cleveland Ohio and we stayed at the hotel from June 20th thru June 22nd. Between my family reunion and a few other conventions that the hotel had during the weekend, I really felt that they were understaffed. All rooms were booked, which is a good thing for the hotel. It took bout 25 to 30 minutes for us to check in Bc there were only 2 people working the counter. The lobby was nice but could use more lighting. I tried to request a room with a balcony hoping to get a view of the indoor pool or a king size bed. However I was told they could not accommodate me for it. So I had to settle for a view of the parking lot.

Hallways:

Our room was on the 1st floor, so it was convenient to the water park and the pool. As my family was walking down to out room, the hallway was very muggy with a musty smell. That was probably Bc of the water park and pool. The hallway carpet is old and should be replaced. On one of the floors, I tripped and almost fell Bc a huge piece of carpet was loosened from the floor. A couple of the housekeepers saw me trip and just giggled about it.

The room:

The room was just ok. The bedding look newer and the did have flat screen tvs. Those seemed to be the only things that were updated bout the rooms. The wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling off in multiple spots and the tiles in the showers/ tub were kinda dirty. Looked kinda like mildew between the tiles. We had to call maintenance Bc the tub drained slow as she was showering. They did come and fix it.

The food:

They do provide free breakfast. It was okay. We only ate their on Sunday Bc they had staff making omelets (which were very good). I felt they didn't have a wide selection of food on Saturday for vegetarians, which was why we ate at Cracker Barrel across the street. We had a banquet there Saturday evening. The food was very good.

The pool & water park:

The park was nice. They have bout 3 water slides. The kids had fun at the park. The price dropped down to $5 after 5pm. I was upset that the jacuzzi was out of order the day I wanted to go in there. I didn't go into the pool, but it looked nice. They have a mini arcade and pool table in the pool area.

Overall:

I would ONLY consider coming back to caribbean Cove if they do a better job with the upkeep. It's a decent place to bring ur family for a good time for a night or two. If ur expecting Great Wolf or kalahari, then u will be very very very disappointed. Lol. But this place is okay. After its all said and done, my family (family reunion) really enjoyed their time, and that's what really mattered the most. With the limited amount of staff, they were kept very busy the entire weekend. And i will remember them for being nice to guest.

To the Caribbean Cove representatives:

I can see why guest complain about this place, however it's not a dump. If the company just put more money into the hotel, it will be way better, and these reviews will get a helluva lot better. I know that whatever representatives who read these reviews will just say that they appreciate our reviews and they'll hope our next stay will be a better one blah.. blah.. blah.. Just do it! Yall need to do a better job in staffing and in the UPKEEP. If yall wanna be average to below average hotel, then you are doing a good job at just that. This place has potential, but it's only going to be as good as you make it. Right now just average.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Lobby was nice. Room was filthy, waterpark was disgusting and the guests were frightening. We spent a couple hours in the waterpark to appease the kids, showered and left to check into a clean hotel. Hubby wishes he had bothered to check the reviews first. $100 wasted.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Omzig4
Dear Guest,

We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with us and sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback so we may do our best to recify those issues for future guests. From the staff at Caribbean Cove we wish you safe future travels and hope to see you again.
Bremen, Indiana
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I just returned home from firefighters convention at this hotel. I had been reading reviews for just about a year prior, as we know 2 years in advance of our next location. That being said, I will say it was not as bad all the negative reviews I had read.
Let me start at check-in, quick and very pleasant. Room, WE had 0 problems.
The MAIN PROBLEM of this property, is maintenance. Main being air-conditioning. The pool area, which you would assume to be warm, was REALLY WARM. SOME of the meeting rooms were REALLY warm. With a group of about 250 (just guessing), when you gather that many people in tight quarters, it gets really warm QUICK. That is MY main complaint!!
Our room did not have problem 1, my group was a group of 18, NONE of us had any problems, although HEARD that some did.
The staff was great the food at St. Paul's, had a really good breakfast!!
Our convention had a few glitches, but nothing major that I could see.
The MAIN COMPLAINT from just about everybody was the air-conditioning in the common areas.
I "heard" that some rooms had a problem with it. But every room I was in, it worked fine.
The property is really nice, but REALLY NEEDS SOME MAINTENANCE !!
I can't say ANYTHING bad about the employees, they seem to work hard with what they have to work with.
Will I stay here again? Not until some things change, however, "I" have no major complaints, it use to be a Holiday Inn, but things have changed quite a bit since then
We did not use the water park, so I have nothing good or bad to say about it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business