“Good value on the west side”

Holiday Inn Express Northwest-Park 100
Ranked #88 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I stay in this hotel once or twice every month for business but would stay there for family visits or during race weeks too. This is a relatively new, clean, hotel that is conveniently located on the west side of Indy and is a good value for the price.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Adraab10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Northwest-Park 100, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2011

Thank you for your return visits to the Holiday Inn Express Northwest! We appreciate that you select our hotel regularly while visiting the Park 100 area of Indianapolis!

We understand that you stay with us mostly for business travel, but mentioned that you would use our hotel for leisure events as well! We are very happy that we have pleased you during your stays with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back again and again, for business and leisure needs! As you know, if there is ever anything that our Team can do to assist you, we are always here to help!

Thank you for your patronage to our hotel, and to the Holiday Inn Express brand!
We hope to see you again very soon!

Take care!

Reviewed 28 August 2011

Sometimes you just have to write a review because you have a duty to the community. We stayed here on the way from CLT to CHI. We got it because we Hotwired a hotel and we chose this 'hood over downtown in order to not have to deal with valeting the car or parking charges.

But it's a Holiday Inn Express. Aren't they all the same? It was clean. The bed was comfortable. Mostly traveling salesmen and construction workers as guests. Free cheap beer.

Sometimes staying in a hotel is just a boring necessity.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank SeenAlot
Adraab10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Northwest-Park 100, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

DearSeenAlot,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Northwest, and for taking the time to share your feedback with us and other travelers.

I understand that you found our hotel through Hotwire, and found our accommodations to be clean and comfortable. Thank you for giving our hotel a try while visiting the Indianapolis area! As you mentioned, when staying in a suburban hotel you can often avoid some of the “extras” that go with a Downtown property. We are glad that we could be a location that offered you the consistent quality that would be expected of a Holiday Inn Express brand hotel at an affordable rate. Also, we are also happy that you were able to join us at the complimentary evening reception.

We hope to have a chance to visit with you again the next time you are in the Indianapolis area, and thanks again for choosing us!

Reviewed 21 August 2011

My family and I recently stayed at this Holiday Inn Express. Over-All, we had a good time. Breakfast was nice and the beds were comfortable. My only complaint deals with the AC units in the rooms. Hotel management has set all the AC units with a minimal setting of 66 (the fitness room went lower). Most people would think that is fine, but I like to sleep in cold conditions. I am also a light sleeper, and the AC unit was inconsistently loud and quiet. When the fan was on, it was quiet. When the AC cycled on, it was very loud. I asked the front desk to switch our rooms and they did. The second room was better, but it was still annoying. I had to use earplugs. I've stayed in plenty of similar classed hotels and did not experience the same. If you are a light sleeper who likes cool rooms, this is not your place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for a room change if needed
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

DearKscrosby,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and for giving us feedback to gauge our customers experiences and better accommodate future visitors.

I am glad that your family had a good time during your visit, and that you found breakfast to be nice and the beds to be comfortable! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the experience you had with the AC unit in your room. I will have our maintenance team check into the units to ensure there are no further issues.

Once again, we appreciate that you chose our hotel and enjoyed your visit. Thank you for your time and feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Take care!

Reviewed 15 August 2011

The service at the Holiday Inn Express was excellent, in fact, some of the best I have ever experienced. The front desk made check-in very, very quick and told us exactly what we needed to know.

The room was clean, spacious and well appointed. There were many children staying in the hotel for a semi-state baseball game, but once we closed our door, we heard nothing.

The free breakfast in the morning was good as well. Fresh, made-to-order pancakes, sausage, biscuits & gravy, just about everything you could want. Being free made it all the better.

Great stay, we will be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Adraab10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Northwest-Park 100, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2011

Dear legaleagle76_10,

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express Northwest, I would like to thank you for your recent visit to our hotel! We appreciate that you took the time to offer your feedback.

I am so happy to hear that your experience was excellent – as this is the experience we hope for all of our guests to receive! I understand that check-in was fast and friendly, and the room met your expectations. I am so pleased that you had a chance to try our new pancake offering at breakfast, as well as a variety of other great items we have to choose from!

We look forward to your next visit, and we promise to continue offering the level of service you would expect from our Holiday Inn Express. Let us know if we may ever be of assistance!

Take care.

Reviewed 8 July 2011

Stayed here over holiday weekend. The place was filled with lots of girls travel softball teams but the girls were well behaved and quiet. Their parents on the other hand tended to sit for hours in the smallish, overwhelmed lobby making it nearly impossible for other guests to use the space for the breakfast or reception. It would have been nice but unexpected for the hotel to provide an alternate space for this lethargic mass of grownups but it really was not the management's job to take on the grown ups.

The staff did an admirable job assisting all guests even with the Ellis Island thing going on in front of them. Breakfast food would run out almost as soon as it was put out, but they did keep it coming. The desk clerks were really friendly and comfortable in their jobs. The rooms were spotless albeit a little small. The new flat screens with actual HD service were a welcome amenity.

Most of all the shower passed the all important height test by putting out a wonderful amount of water, at good pressure and temperature from a height above my 6'-0" head (the shower head thing is a pet peeve of mine so I always applaud a hotel that does not have showers situated at chest height). We never run out of hot water, even on a holiday weekend in a hotel filled with teenaged girls.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2011

My colleague and I spent 6 weeks on a working trip in Indianapolis. We lived throughout at the Holiday Inn North West. For a longer stay the laundry washing machine and drier was a huge bonus. Rachel Radez on reception was also our extremely attentive host. Always willing to help with recommendations for places to eat, local amenities, outings, directions, basically anything we needed help with...We were really grateful and she helped make our stay in Indianapolis such an enjoyable one! The Holiday Inn should be proud of having such excellent staff. I would wholeheartedly recommend the Holiday Inn Express North West!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Adraab10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Northwest-Park 100, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2011

Dear Amanda_Richardson12,

Thank you so much for the kind words in your review of the Holiday Inn Express Northwest. We so appreciate you and your colleague choosing to stay with us for such an extended period of time during your training in Indianapolis.

Our goal is to have every guest leave as satisfied as you. We not only value guest feedback so other travelers can learn about previous experiences but also so we can better our hotel and staff.

I love that you made note of the washer and dryer available for free use and the great customer service that you received. We value customer service and hope it shows through in every employee.

Once again, thanks for your long stay with us and great feedback. It was a pleasure to serve you and your colleague. We hope to see you again your next time though Indianapolis.

Take Care,

Reviewed 21 March 2011

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Northwest for a business trip. I chose the hotel partly due to it's close proximity to where I would be during the day, partly due to the shuttle service, and partly due to the reviews. I have to say that I was not disappointed. The staff went out of their way to insure my stay was pleasant and that I received answers to my questions immediately. I felt like they had known me for a long time and treated me like a valued guest. The shuttle service was ready every morning and a quick phone call in the evenings had them there to pick me up within 10 minutes. I also took part in one of the two evening Manager's Receptions that included a light dinner and refreshments. I utilized the fitness room the entire stay, and although it is modest in size with two treadmills, a stair stepper, a stationary bicycle, and a couple of benches for sit-ups and leg exercises, it worked for my needs and I never had to wait for a machine. The pool area was clean, although I did not utilize either the pool or hot tub during my stay. The hallways and rooms were quiet, with just a little of the noise from the adjacent interstate coming in. I was able to sleep comfortably with the heater/fan running. All in all, the hotel is a great place to stay with staff who are clearly dedicated to customer service.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Adraab10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Northwest-Park 100, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2011

Dear Grnbayhusker,

We are all so happy you chose to stay with us during your recent visit to Indianapolis. Your feedback on the Holiday Inn Express Northwest Indianapolis is exactly what a GM loves to read. Your experience is not only vital to other guests in researching travel plans but also for us understand how we can better accommodate all guests.

I'm really glad to see you acknowledge a few of our keys to success with our number one being attributed to an awesome staff that cares for guest satisfaction. I was also pleased to hear you enjoyed the shuttle service and our new evening reception since they were put into place to show our appreciation to all guests.

Once again, thanks for your stay and review. Your input helps us keep intact with our customer experiences so we can continue to learn and grow. I hope you choose to stay with us your next time through Indianapolis.

Take Care,