“Nice Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Northwest-Park 100
Ranked #86 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I took my son on an overnight trip to Indy to see the kids museum. I normally don't stay at Holiday Inn's but due to the other hotels in the area being booked, we stopped here. The hotel staff were very nice and the room was clean. Overall it was a great experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
DanWaller, VP of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Northwest-Park 100, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your stay with us. We hope you enjoyed your visit to the children's museum also. It is our pleasure to serve you and hope that on your next trip to Indy you will think of us first.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 2-15-14. Hotel is way too overpriced. Noticed floors and elevators were dirty and never swept both days I was there. Had to call twice about noise complaint at midnight concerning adjacent room. They seem to be under staffed. Breaakfast was ok, wasnt ready at 6am as told it would be. Just seems some of staff dont care. Wont stay again

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Metalliber
Adraab10, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Northwest-Park 100, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Hello Metalliber,

I wanted to post back that I do apologize that we couldn't have left a better impression during your visit with us at the Holiday Inn Express. We genuinely look to have every guest leave 100% satisfied with their stay and regret that we couldn't have made good on your experience. Although the issues you outlined aren't typical, we look to ensure no other guests have similar situations.

We have been going through some property changes and now have a solid team with experience and understanding of guest satisfaction. From reviewing proper cleaning expectations to showing general enthusiasm for serving such wonderful guests, I have made it a point to work with everyone to keep our whole staff aware of issues you outlined.

Once again, thanks for choosing our Holiday Inn Express and posting some feedback. I do hope that you may consider giving us another opportunity in the future if you're ever in the Indianapolis area!

Take Care,
Andrew

Reviewed 28 January 2014

The staff was very helpful and courteous. The staff was always greeting us and asking if there was anything we needed. The breakfast was delicious and always fully stocked. We were very pleased with our experience and definitely recommend it to anyone traveling in the area!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Adraab10, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Northwest-Park 100, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Hello Robby S.,

Thanks for posting some great feedback from your recent visit with us at the Holiday Inn Express. We love satisfied guests and even more so to hear how the experience went during their stay. Glad to read you found our whole team to be so helpful and courteous as well as finding the breakfast to be a great start to your day.

I hope you will visit us again if you're ever in the area. Thanks for choosing our Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Northwest.

Take Care,
Andrew
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I was staying here during the polar vortex. The staff was so helpful. Went well above and beyond.... Fed me, helped get my car out. Unbelievably helpful. I would definitely come here again. I appreciated all the extra tlc.

• Stayed: January 2014
HIXMGR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Northwest-Park 100, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Chickentendergrass,

Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Northwest/Park 100. Your positive feedback really helps us measure how we are doing. I am glad that we could be your safehouse during the "Polar Vortex" and that you had an "Awesome Experience". We loved having you here and hope to see you again on your next visit to Indy!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Recently stayed at this property and was very pleased with how personable and helpful the staff was. Very knowledgable and professional. I've eaten a lot of hotel breakfasts but really enjoyed the variety and freshness to the items. Rooms very clean as well. Would definitely return!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Susann8888888,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We rely heavily on our guests to measure how we are doing. We understand the importance of a fresh breakfast variety to start your day, and glad to hear that your experience was a postive one. We loved having you here and hope to see you again on your next visit to Indy!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed 5 nights. I had requested a room with a microwave and fridge on a top floor, and both requests were accommodated. Standard HIE room and furnishings. Next morning I noticed there was mold on the bottom of the inside shower curtain. Left a note a few dollars for housekeeping and it was changed when I returned to my room that afternoon. Mold in the shower. Rust in the fridge. I liked that this hotel is deemed eco-friendly when I booked, but my towels were replaced everyday even though I hung them up. TV is pretty old and small compared to other HIE I've stayed in. I'm not sure what the clientele is here because there isn't too much around the area. Standard breakfast every morning; had no problems there. They had a happy hour each evening that looks to draw in some people, but I wasn't able to join during my stay. Staff were friendly. Guest laundry is free, which was a nice surprise and the machines looked pretty new. Hotel overall wasn't busy during my stay, so it was nice and quiet. Within walking distance to a gas station and some fast food joints. About a $30 cab ride to/from the airport. I would stay here again simply because we're IHG members.

Room Tip: If you want a fridge/microwave in your room, you must request it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank stefanier918
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Northwest-Park 100, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear stefanier918,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback. We are so pleased you liked the friendliness of our staff. We would like to apologize for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed one night. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was good. Used the pool, we were the only people in it. It was a bit cold for my preference, but my mom and son didn't think so. My complaint was that I thought it was a bit pricey, but they looked busy, so maybe that's the going rate for the area. Anyway, any hotel room of that price should have a microwave and mini fridge in it in my opinion, and it didn't. Probably would look around for a better value should we return to the Indianapolis area. Oh, and when I called the hotel directly I was given a better rate than what I found on their website. The woman who took my reservation was very pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kristy D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Northwest-Park 100, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear MsDuff,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are so glad you liked the cleanliness of our hotel and the breakfast selections we offer. Please allow us to apologize you were not well satisfied with our pool facility and the rates of our hotel rooms. Prices vary depending on the dates and are competitive within the area. We also apologize for the confusion you had in making your reservations. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M