“Right start to our family vacation”

Courtyard Marriott Indianapolis Northwest
Ranked #94 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Right start to our family vacation”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

After reviewing Tripadvisor we decided to start our vacation here. I have two children under the age of 3 so having a clean room with good soundproofing and reliable fixtures is important. Here are the positives and negatives of our visit.

Positives
Booking - The assistant manager Stephanie was very helpful. You can tell she is attentive because she monitors these reviews. I knew I wanted to correspond with her when I used points to stay here. Sometimes using points can be a hassle. She did a great job making that process easy.
Great Check-In - Kaitlynn was great. She was very efficient. When we called shortly after entering our room we saw we needed extra pillows. She brought them quickly.
Room - The room was clean. The decor could use some updating but it didn't have the worn and haggard look.
Breakfast - The food was a little overpriced for what you get but it was good.

Negatives -
Morning Front Desk Attendent - We sat at a booth and tried to operate the satellite tv. I walked to the front desk to ask the woman how it worked. She looked at me as if to say "really". After some back and forth it turns out that system was out of order. It would have been nice if she would have just told me that originally.

Besides the morning front desk attendant with the nose piercing, I really enjoyed my stay here and my family did too. Thank you Courtyard Northwest staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Stephanie M, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Marriott Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor. We strive to provide the highest level of customer service and satisfaction for all of our guests. Your feedback has given us the opportunity to continue to grow and learn together as a team. Thank you for staying with us! We hope you visit us again!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Love this hotel! I stay here often, can always count on a courteous helpful staff , clean rooms and a good night sleep.

I am a pillow hog and staff always places extra pillow in my room.

My last stay, tv was broke - sucked because my kids were with me. But staff moved me to a new room and got me taken care of.

• Stayed July 2014
Stephanie M, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Marriott Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. We appreciate the feedback. I'm happy to hear that our staff was able to resolve the issue you had with your television. We look forward to having you back at our hotel again soon!
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I were intown for a 3-day stay during a recent International Convention in downtown Indianapolis. We found this hotel to meet all our needs. It was not too far from the downtown area, and basically a straight drive on 65 each day. The surrounding area is very nice / quiet - with gas / fast food options nearby. The onsite mini store / food service area was very nice and stocked well for various requests guests may ask for - including Starbucks coffee. Even though the onsite amenities were a bit pricey, the quality was good and if you only want 1 drink / food item - it isn't too bad. The pool area was covered and we found it to be very clean. There's an outdoor lounge area complete with fire pit that is a very relaxing space where guests can unwind during a busy / hectic visit in town. Ultimately, if we came back to the Indianapolis area and needed a room away from the busy / pricey downtown district, we would definitely choose this location again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephen L
Stephanie M, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Marriott Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Stephen,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay during the conference you all attended. We look forward to having you back with us again soon!
Great Falls, Virginia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

A good choice for those who want to stay between Indianapolis and Zionsville. It is close to I-465. There are restaurants within walking distance, yet this is a open area and not congested at all by traffic or humans. A typical courtyard with friendly staff and clean. There is a small deli / breakfast corner with the small lobby. In the backyard there is a fire pitt and seats to soak the sun. Room are a bit small, but quite adequate for two. All in all, I recommend this place if the location meets your requirements.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Stephanie M, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Marriott Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm happy to hear that our hotel met your needs and that our staff was helpful. Thank you for recommending our location. We hope to see you on your next visit to Indianapolis.
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

One night stopover while traveling with our family. Staff was excellent, room was clean and great little bar in the lobby that serves good during the day as well. Pool was nicer than expected. Perfect place to stop.

• Stayed June 2014
Stephanie M, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Marriott Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback for us. I'm happy to hear that our staff met your needs and that you you were able to enjoy our Bistro during your stay. Please visit us again the next you visit Indy. Thanks again!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Bistro mini food service was a new experience. Good food at a reasonable price. Skip the Steak New Shake in the parking lot. Lousy food, unresponsive "manager". Very comfortable room with the TV along one side of the bed? Pricing may be a consideration with Holiday Inn right next door.

• Stayed May 2014
Stephanie M, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Marriott Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your experience at our hotel. I'm happy to hear that our Bistro met your needs during your stay. Thanks again for your feedback! We hope you visit us again soon!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel several times and it's a solid option for business travelers. During my most recent visit my room did not have hot water one morning. I called the front desk and the lady immediately offered me the use of a vacant hotel room to take a shower. She ran a key up to my room and slipped it under the door. It was fantastic service. I identified a problem and she offered me a solution right away. I don't wish to complain about the hot water (that had never been a problem before), but to compliment the staff on quickly addressing it.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jason S
Stephanie M, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Marriott Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for your loyalty to our Courtyard by Marriott. I'm glad that our staff was able to recover from the hot water issue quickly and efficiently for you when the hote water wasn't working in your room. Thanks for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit with us!