“Nice place”

Clarion Inn & Suites Northwest
Ranked #97 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Nice place”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay here when i went to a conferencen Room is very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was great. Bed and pillows were nice. Neighborhood is a bit icky but one exit north has lots of restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank ajbmi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Goshen, Indiana
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the great hospitality and friendliness of the hotel staff. It was greatly refreshing I hope they keep the staff. the room was very comfortable and the refreshing to sleep on. The room was clean and roomy. definitely would stay here time after time. I have found the hotel to stay at every time I go to Indy

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Great staff. Good breakfast. However, the pool was cold all four days we were there. Also, there was no fridge and no microwave in the room. Maybe they thought having a cold pool was an adequate substitute for the fridge. :-)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
ClarionInnGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Northwest, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thanks for the feedback. The pool is kept at 80 degrees per the instructions of our pool company. This is comfortable for most guests. The majority of our rooms do have a fridge, coffeemaker, microwave, and wetbar. I see that you booked through Hotwire. If you give us a call directly at 317-298-3700 or book through choicehotels.com you can be guaranteed the amenties that you are looking for.
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The guy at the desk which was a young, black gentlemen (I don't remember his name) he was very nice and got is checked in fairly quick. When we got to our suite it was ok.. Everything seemed pretty nice. Even though our room was right next to the stairs. So we were hearing people all night. We had a jacuzzi two of the jets didn't work that well. Anyway we went out to dinner and came back to hang out for the evening.. Our comforter was nice and seemed new I was laying on it and kept smelling perfume.. It was the comforter and when I pulled it back it had blonde hairs all over it. (I have brown hair) when we pulled it off there were visible sex stains on it. It clearly wasn't washed. We were disgusted, called down and the front desk guys brought us a new one and he was dressed sloppy and didn't seem to care. The next morning breakfast was terrible the eggs were gross and the sausage didn't look good at all, the coffee was terrible.. The only thing that was good was the waffles. The guy at the desk seemed sloppy and had holes is his shirt, seemed annoyed that I was asking for an extra coffee package.. He was talking crap about his co workers.. He was rude and didn't ask us if we enjoyed our stay or anything.. Very unprofessional. We won't be staying again considering what I paid!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Ashreed85
ClarionInnGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Northwest, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
We appreciate your input on your stay. Our comforters are washed on a regular basis and all the rooms were recently done. The whirlpool jets are actually adjustable to control the flow and just need to be turned slightly to increase the airflow to suit the preference of each guest. That was the case with this whirlpool suite. I'm sorry that the breakfast was not to your satisfaction. We normally get very good comments our breakfast and this past weekend was no exception. Please give us a call to see what we can do to make your next stay more to your liking.
Muncie, Indiana
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I was in town for just one night, but was pleasantly surprised with the hotel. The room was comfortable and updated. The bedding was good to sleep on... I slept in late the next morning!! Not a very busy hotel, but that was fine with me. Staff was friendly and helpful. No issues at all.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
ClarionInnGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Northwest, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words as well. We look forward to seeing you again on your return to Indy!
Sellersburg, Indiana
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We were nervous when we checked in and there were only 5 cars in the parking lot ... Now we know why! The lot was covered in snow without any salt. When we checked in we found our refrigerator didn't work. We were told we needed to pull it out and make sure it was plugged in. We paid extra for a room divided sweet. What we got was a couch in our room and only 1 TV. Breakfast ... Now that was fun. The meat and eggs were cold in the warmer. When addressed with the attendant, he put it in the microwave. How long had they been sitting there cold? So, I moved on to the waffle maker ... Followed the instructions and it stuck all over. When I addressed this with the attendant, he told me it was yesterday's batter and made more to pour on top of the old batter in the dispenser ... I ate cereal. Also in the breakfast area, instead of news in the morning, they were playing an offensive 90's comedy show. When I pay over $100 a night ... I expect better than this!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MoneyMan70
ClarionInnGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Northwest, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
I can assure you that we have the lot both plowed and salted whenever it needs it and your stay was no exception. I apologize that the food was not warmed up when it was put out but I'm sure you understand that most limited service hotels have to use a microwave to heat food since we do not have stoves or full kitchens. Our double minisuites have recently had the room divider(archway) taken out to make room for the new Queen size beds we are getting this year.I would love to speak with you about the other issues so that I can work on getting them corrected.
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Ok, so this wasn't the worst hotel I have been to, but I would never go there again.

When got to the hotel, waited for 10 minutes for someone to come to the front desk to check us in. We even tried calling from the phone in the lobby but no one answered. When the guy finally showed up, he was dripping with sweat which he kept licking from his upper lip and then our checkin took forever (said he couldn't find the reservation my roommate had made). His reason for the wait was he was assisting another guest. Then perhaps only one person working at 6 pm on a Saturday night is not enough? The people waiting to checkin behind us were equally as grumpy about the wait and then the time it took.

Got to our room and the minute we walked in there was a very strong smell which I would describe as musty. The air didn't work through the night. They also only put 2 towels in a room which was explained to a member of our group that they don't have enough for four per room. Problem is when you try to call to get more towels the one person working can never seem to answer and when you go to the front desk to try and get more you either have to hunt someone down who cant help you because they are busy at the moment or sometimes hear things like, "I can't tell which ones are clean and which ones are dirty so I'll need to wash them...come back in couple hours." Which I guess is better than being given a dirty towel...

The room also did not feel very clean, despite the GM claiming new carpet and new air conditioner. When my roommate tried to complain about our stay, we were offered a small discount along with a lot of excuses. And no, GM, the smell in the room was NOT from new carpet. Maybe it was gone after we checked out...

Had we not had an entire team staying there, we would have found other accommodations. No one from our group was happy, and I would not recommend staying there to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013