“Extremely disappointed”

Ranked #99 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Chicago, Illinois
“Extremely disappointed”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

When we checked in we had to sign an agreement saying that we would not smoke in the room. My wife and I are not smokers, so this is not a problem. However, as soon as we got off the elevator on the 3rd floor, the hallway smelled like tobacco smoke. When we entered our room, the tobacco smoke was even worse. I called the front desk right away because I wanted to alert them to this problem. Rather than moving us to a room that did not smell like smoke, we were told they would spray some ozium in the room. I felt that I was told this to make me go away. We had to leave to go to an engagement. When we returned, the room did not smell any better.

When I took off my shoes and socks, I noticed the carpeting was disgustingly dirty. It was so bad, you could feel the slimy dirt with the bottom of your feet, so I put my shoes and socks back on. When we looked closer at the room, we noticed the room was extremely dirty. The bedspreads were covered with soiled stains. The bathroom was dirty, and the tub had mildew and dirt all over the base and up the side of it.

The mattress was so uncomfortable, it felt like I was sleeping on a piece of plywood. I tossed and turned all night.

I would never stay at this hotel again at any price, even if it was free.

Room Tip: I would never stay at this hotel again
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Chicago
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Old, poorly updated, dirty. Will not go back at any price. I wish I good add the picture I took of the nasty stained bedspread. Could read the word "loser" in the steam on the bathroom mirror and that's pretty much what I felt like for picking this place.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kittygrace

Travellers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed 14 September 2013

My husband and I travel all over the midwest and typically stay in hotels that are as inexpensive as we can find without being sketchy. This hotel was clean, well-maintained and nicely decorated. We very much appreciated that the room had a mini-fridge and a microwave, which is not always the case with rooms at this price level. We typically try to reserve rooms that are outfitted to be accessible for individuals with disabilities due to my husband's needs, and we stayed in an accessible room here. We were impressed at how well done the accommodations were, as not all "accessible" rooms are equally thorough in offering truly accessible space.

We had a positive experience at this Comfort Inn. We will be staying here again if our travels bring us back up to this part of Indy.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie C
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stay at this hotel as it has a reasonable discount when we need to stay overnight for our frequent medical trips to Indy. Clean, comfortable most of the time. Friendly staff. Nice breakfast in lobby.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rggzz
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We redeemed our Choice Privilege points for one night stay. Though it cost us 10,000 points, we got a king-size bed with a whirlpool. What a steal!

The staff were very friendly and polite. Due to this hotel is off the main road, it's quiet. The room was very clean. Laundry room, swimming pool, hot tub, and breakfast area were clean, too. It also offers good hot breakfast.

This is a really comfortable Comfort Inn!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank S H
Sycamore, Illinois
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The Comfort Inn located in carmel, Indiana is a re-bagged Signature Inn. The hotel is a typical 2 1/2 star hotel. The lobby, elevator, and breakfast area are small. The room was clean but the AC was dated. The continental breakfast was good.

Room Tip: ask for a corner room on the third floor.
Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Portage, Indiana
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Great beds and quiet rooms and location is close to interstate but no noise. Staff helpful and fast check in would definitely stay there again. Very nice grounds surrounding the hotel a gazebo and ponds very relaxing.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Courtyard Indianapolis Carmel
Courtyard Indianapolis Carmel
#65 of 178 in Indianapolis
Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel
Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Carmel
SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Carmel
Hampton Inn Indianapolis/Carmel
Residence Inn Indianapolis Carmel

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!