“Bed Bugs and no hot water!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #92 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We are here for a baseball tournament and one family found bed bugs in their room. The hotel professionally cleaned all their clothes and refunded the cost but YUCK! We returned from the ball fields at 6pm on a Sat. night and there was no hot water! Not a good experience.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ashley L, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Guest,

On behalf of my entire staff I would like to apologize for the issues on your previous stay. We had our pest control company come out and treat the room and they did not find any further issues. They have completely treated our building to make sure every room is perfect and pest free. I am not quite sure what is going on with the water being cold but I have a company coming out to look at it and make sure we get it fixed.

We hope that you will consider staying with us in the future and giving us a second chance to show you a great stay if you are in the area.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel is much less expensive than the surrounding hotels and is situated on the quiet end of North Meridian street. I stayed there for one night on business and it had all I needed. It is on the older side and could do with some freshening up. The clerk at Registration was efficient but not overly friendly. I didn't take advantage of the free breakfast as I had an early meeting. It was adequate and I will be staying there again in a couple of weeks.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Dillnbee,

Thank you for taking the time to survey our staff and facility. I am glad that you had an adequate stay with us. But, I will be taking the small issues you had with your stay and making sure we provide you with an even better experience in the future.

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We visit our son and daughter (in-law) a few time each year. We found this hotel while looking for dog friendly hotels in the area. We continue to stay with these folks because they, along with their facility are extremely nice. Great folks in a great...easy to access hotel. The facility is clean and always offers the best service. Our two dogs are quiet and low maintenance and I have NEVER been bothered by others. We simply appreciate the staff and their facility.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Sheriff John,

Thank you for taking the time to survey our staff and facility. We are so grateful for your kind words. We can't wait to see you again in the future. Thank you for being a loyal customer and have safe travels!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed two nights at this hotel. I never had any issues except for the leaking bath tub.The hotel was clean and comfortable. The king size room I had was nicely appointed with a desk, two side tables, flat screen TV, and microwave and fridge. Along with an oddly placed extra chair. Breakfast the next morning was muffin, waffles, bagels, toast, cereal and eggs and usually a meat. I think one night it was sausage the next was bacon. The carpet looked brand new and didn't give black socks or bottoms of the feet. I know the hotel had a pool but I wasn't there to swim so I never did take a look at it or the exercise room. The hotel is placed back off the road and didn't hear any traffic noise but you can hear those around you. I had earplugs in the first night so it didn't matter and by the time I got back to the hotel the second night it was well after midnight and all was quite. The room was good enough that I could have stayed more than two nights. All the staff I meet were nice and willing to help. Would stay here again if I was back in the area. My only reason I gave it four instead of five because of the dripping bath tub and the parking lot tends to fill up and finding a park spot was a pain.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank tinkerbsb

Dear Tinkerbsb,

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words about our facility and staff. I do apologize about the issues with the bath tub leaking. I have had maintenance take care of this issue.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future if you are in town.

Hotel manager

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel was a wonderful choice for us. We were in town to party in Broad Ripple and wanted to clean and relaxing place to sleep. The lobby is remarkable clean and the staff was more than friendly. They have free coffee and tea in the lobby and free breakfast. The rooms are tremendous and clean. We did have a leak with our toilet, but a quick call to the front desk and they were ready to move us to another room, but we opted to stay because we were only there for a night. We had planned to take a taxi to Broad Ripple, but the hotel shuttle bus offered to take us free of charged!! We gave him a nice tip for sure, but he was so nice! I wish I could remember his name! (Manager of this property, that driver deserves some recognition for his outstanding customer service.

Overall, fantastic property. They even have a nice indoor pool!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JamesonJunior
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed at the Comfort Inn on Meridian in Carmel on May 5. Very nice hotel, a bit older
but certainly very clean and nice. I got the hospital rate of $69 so was very happy about
that. Breakfast was a bit weak, need more junk like donuts, haha.
Pool very nice and clean, Staff very friendly and helpful. Very nice surroundings outside,
really cool landscape. Sure would stay here again and probably will.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank cody91
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed for two nights in a king suite. Room was spacious Surroundings were nice. Hotel was very clean. Staff was accommodating. Breakfast included waffle maker, cereal, bagels, muffins, eggs, sausage, yogurt, juices, milk, fruit. Free coffee available all the time. Pool water was warm for my liking. Hot tub was closed for repair. Bathroom was spacious with a stand-up shower. Whirlpool bath in bedroom area. The location was great for me as I was there visiting family in Carmel AND enjoying night life downtown.
I will absolutely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brandi P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Carmel
Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel
Courtyard Indianapolis Carmel
Courtyard Indianapolis Carmel
#77 of 185 in Indianapolis
Hampton Inn Indianapolis/Carmel
Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis Carmel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Carmel

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!