“Depends on Your Needs and Budget”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #96 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Depends on Your Needs and Budget”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

I have a mixed review due to a mixed experience. I think for the most part if you are staying in this area you are there for a surgery, a consultation, an educational (med course) experience, or maybe visiting some relatives or friends. Mine falls in the first categories, medical. It is really located in "medical alley" of Indianapolis and have both great doctors as well as great training facilities for trauma and plastic/reconstructive work. I was told the reason for this (medical facilities and training facilities) is because A. U Indiana runs the teaching hospitals and trains (as well as offers trainings) there and also that because of the Indy 500 and racing many places deal with reconstructive and burn injuries. I had been there before and stayed at the Renaissance and it was amazing but expensive and offered no shuttle adding a couple of hundred dollars with taxis to and from the hotel and especially to and from the airport. The Jameson Inn was recommended and though I am a neat freak and more than that a cleanliness freak and did read the one negative review (and I usually trust those being as picky as I am assuming most people are not, my own family has often said that I overreact to the slightest imperfections) I did stay at the Jameson Inn.

The rooms are very "basic" relatively clean but not "brand spanking new, renovated, newly decorated etc". I mean it seems like they may have done some carpeting, some heavy cleaning but I had two rooms, I changed to share a room for my last nights, and in both I found small but pertinent imperfections. These were not the biggest deal but they were part of my experience I will get to after my more negative experience.

The Shuttle is a GREAT "inclusive and while you are not urged to tip I do because they are usually talkative and usually nice and usually you feel obliged if not embarrassed into it. I am not sure what the etiquette is for such "long haul" free shuttles. (the airport is pretty far). My first night I came in late and had endured a pretty long flight and was told when I called the hotel that "they had a shuttle driver quit", therefore they were sending me a shuttle from another facility. This was fine but they were NOT very specific as to where I should meet the shuttle. As a result I waited over a half hour and made several calls to the hotel before finding the shuttle on my own. Then I had to go to CVS for some essentials I needed prior to leaving the next morning for the full day at 5am their time. By the time we got there he got lost and I had to call the CVS to find it. When I checked in, finally over an hour and a half, almost two, after landing, I was told that they had NO shuttle for me in the morning either so I would have to get and pay for a taxi. I was not thrilled but just so tired I said fine did not ask for any break or for them to pay etc. They put me in a single room with one large bed. I showered the night before and asked for a wake up call the next morning as well as for them to make sure my taxi was waiting. I also set the alarm. Now the wake up call never came, the alarm never went off but somehow my body woke up a half hour late but did wake up. I just washed up quick and went to meet the taxi--which was not there. The taxi came late and he then got lost taking me where I needed to go. To his credit he did just say "do not worry about the fare" which I was happy about as he was not only late, which was the hotels fault, but also got lost for 15 more minutes.

Now in the first room I did first notice that they had an aged heater/ac unit with no temp control just click buttons and a very old tv--in fact I do not recall seeing a non-flat screen in any hotel for the last few years. The bathroom was also a bit moldy but nothing too gross, they did make cleaning efforts but it was a bit aged. The shower was not a hand held, which is normal for a "budget/long term" type hotel but also was stuck on the setting it was on, in other words I could not change and this was true of both rooms, first stuck on regular second on massage mode. The first room had some pretty nasty "rust/mold" around the toilet base. HONESTLY THIS WOULD NOT PHASE MOST PEOPLE!

The second room had two double beds, perfectly comfortable and a better temp control. They say internet is included but the wifi was slow and I had to call to find out how to get on though there is no trick, just enter your name, email address and check the box. I was told there was no charge but I need to see if I do get charged.

The second room did not have mold in the bathroom but had a worn toilet bowl that easily could be mistaken for something a little more gross to write. So I did make a comment to the girl I was sharing the room with about that. The seat-back was also worn and again they had an old fashioned tv.

I did get the use of the shuttle as needed for the rest of my stay and the staff was super nice and it made up for any deficits. I myself would probably stay there again as I know that a person quitting suddenly is not something they control so the shuttle issue was forgiven and the rooms were adequate for my needs and really made my stay 1/3 of what it could have been.

So while it was simple and not perfect I must say it was the kindness of the staff that made up for any shortcomings. If you are looking for anything more than a place to "crash" with free rides maybe you would want another place but otherwise it is overall more than adequate.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Bellmore, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2010

The room was very clean and roomy for three adults. The service was FANTASTIC!!!! They were kind enough to pick us up at the airport on Sunday night and brought us to the hotel. A little while later they drove us to a restaurant to eat dinner and then came back and picked us up later. They provided a continental breakfast which hit the spot to start the day. They then drove us to the medical building we needed to go to. Of course, when we were done at the doctor's office they came back to pick us up and took us to the airport. The two drivers we had while we were there were SO NICE and FRIENDLY!! The staff at the front desk were also very nice and helpful. WE highly recommend this hotel and look forward to staying there again when we are back in Indianapolis. Thank you very much to all the staff at the Jameson Inn Carmel. We really appreciate your kindness and welcoming ways!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2010

The Jameson Inn was clean and rooms decorated nicely. Employees were nice and helpful. I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2010

jameson inn was a very welcome experience. the location for my business needs were perfect missed alot of the city traffic and easy accesss to all freeways needed room was clean and spacious, as well as, good temperature control. all staff was helpful and friendly would definately recommend this hotel value was great as well

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Hudson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2010

While the hotel provided the necessary standards, it was the people that were exceptional. They went out of their way to make your stay pleasant. Airport pick-up was the reason we decided on the Jameson, as we did not have access to a car. In the evening, they were happy to take us to our choice of restaurants, and then returned to pick us up when we called.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

My family’s recent stay at the Jameson Inn (Carmel) in Indy was more than expected. Traveling with 2 adults and 3 children, we opted for the very reasonably priced first-floor suite which included a king bed, sleeper couch, and asked for a rollaway bed too. Everyone agreed that we rested well and the room was clean and just roomy enough for the 3 of us. The room had a jacuzzi/whirlpool which of course, was never used by us. The pool was clean and was open for our late night swim. Breakfast was tasty enough to get our mornings started off to a good started, which included fruit, waffles, muffins, cereal, etc. What I found most pleasing about our stay was how the JI staff was so accommodating. Their van/shuttle service was available to us several times. We got dropped off and picked up at our various outings through the days including the Indy Children’s Museum (about 6 miles away from the Inn). The attendant even offered to shuttle us to the mall if we wanted. We declined, but was grateful for the offer. The attendant was also willing to hold our 2 large suitcases in their office after checkout while we waited for our Amtrak train to depart that afternoon. I will definitely look for other JI locations for future hotel needs, and will recommend to anyone wanting a decently priced hotel with more than accommodating amenities. However, since we were traveling without a car, I would definitely choose a JI location what was closer to restaurants – this location is in a suburban business district with not much else directly around it.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank marque235
Corona, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2010

This small hotel is great for the price. It has an indoor pool, and gym for those that want to get some exercise. There is a free shuttle available to take you to the airport and other places. Internet is not the greatest but its free. Staff is very friendly. I agree that loud noises can be heard from the hallway though. So overall i's say a 3.5, but for the price it gets a 4.

Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank XX_Chaos_XX
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Courtyard Indianapolis Carmel
Courtyard Indianapolis Carmel
#76 of 178 in Indianapolis
Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel
Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Carmel
SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Carmel
Hampton Inn Indianapolis/Carmel
Residence Inn Indianapolis Carmel

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!