“Marriott at Its Best”

Indianapolis Marriott North
Ranked #60 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 6 June 2011

I have stayed at the Marriott Indiapolis North multiple times over the past several years and I have always been favorably impressed. The hotel is fairly new and is a very well layed out faciltiy with nicely layed out rooms. The staff has always been friendly and professional. I had a couple special requests that were met with a can-do, anything-for-the-guest attitude. Rates have always been reasonable for a hotel of this calibre. Access is a little convoluted requiring you to pass through the Keystone at the Crossing mall and restaurant area. Another plus is the proximity to a number of good restaurants. The hotel could benefit from free internet. You might be able to draw from a nearby open wifi network.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank nrstycz

Reviewed 13 May 2011

To begin, my family and I have stayed at Marriott properties all over the country and internationally. My extended family and I recently stayed at this property. Was expecting it to be nice from the pictures and the exterior. The lobby area and swimming pool was very nice. Unfortunately the rooms haven't been updated and the inside of them looks like a hotel from the late 80's. This was concerning as we are platinum elite and were provided a room on the "concierge floor", which was exactly the same as rooms on lower floors. Don't be fooled by them telling you they are suites. Its just a long room. Until 2am there were teenagers slamming doors and keeping people up. We called down to the desk twice and nothing was done.

In addition to the room issue, be aware that the very nice deck which overlooks the lake, is frequently closed off for parties and weddings. It was a beautiful weekend we were there, and we were not able to sit outside and have a drink as the entire lobby and the patio was closed off.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank bigsur221
Reviewed 11 May 2011

We stayed here one weekend night and this hotel met our needs for being a place to crash after a concert downtown. From the outside and the lobby area, the hotel is beautiful and in great shape. It also overlooks a man made lake, which is nice. The area the hotel is in is one of Indy's finest and is close to a lot of shopping and restaurants.

The rooms could use a little bit of updating but were spacious and clean. We were given a room at the end of the hallway (thanks Marriott!), so it was plenty quiet for us.

The location isn't great if you want to get downtown. It is a thirty minute drive because there is no direct freeway access to downtown from the Keystone area. We tried taking I-465 to I-65 and Keystone all the way to I-70 and both took about 30 minutes. The farther south you go on Keystone, the shakier the area gets.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2011

Nice place, good location near shopping and food choices.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Drinkwater11
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Stayed here for 5 days in March on business. This is a very nice Marriott (better than the average) and it's in an excellent location (scenic, beautiful; good for walking and great shopping and restuarants!). The staff provides outstanding service and the room service was the best I've ever had. The room was comfortable, clean and roomy. Would absolutely stay again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank shannalyss
Reviewed 18 March 2011

Beautiful facility - friendly staff - a little noisy in the rooms - but the beds are terrible - linens are nice - but the mattresses need replaced!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2010

I was appalled to read the last comment regarding platinum status not being recognized at this hotel. I stay at the Indianapolis Marriott North at least 50 nights a year; it is like my second home. They treat me like family and always go above and beyond for me and all my colleagues. I travel extensively and I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Indianapolis!! This is the best hotel in the state, if not the US. They are ranked the #1 Marriott in the Nation for guest service and it is obvious to me why. I am positive they recognize every platinum guest and this person was trying to get something for nothing, that's usually the case.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business