“Don't be fooled by first impressions” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Indianapolis Marriott North

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Indianapolis Marriott North
Ranked #61 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Perth
“Don't be fooled by first impressions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

After NYC, arriving at the hotel later at night than we had expected, it was a bit of a let down. Especially when we couldn't source any food or drink, arriving at 11pm, apart from vending machines and that our room did not have 2 beds as expected.

Nonetheless, the room is very spacious and comfortable. The staff were very attentive on our arrival and when we asked could we at least have some fruit & water, they brought a massive bowl of fruit and about 6 bottles of water!

As a disability access room it is pretty good. Bathrooms are always the main concern. Here, they're good & big - that's important. There can always be more 'grab rails' - there are never enough in hotels. It's a shame though that there aren't 2 x king single beds or 2 x doubles in the room; or an easily adjoin-able room for the carer (me! I'm on a rollaway bed, suitable for a child, but having said that I've been quite comfortable!)

The 'concierge room' on 11th with breakfast and day through snacks is a real bonus - I hadn't come across this before, not having stayed in this sort of hotel. It's wonderful & the serving staff very understanding & helpful.

I've used the gym which is perfectly adequate. The pool looks VG and has a disability lift - which is great to see but I don't haven't tried it as I didn't bring my togs.

It's a 5-10 minute walk to Barnes & Noble bookshop and other shops inc. Old Navy and Osh Kosh, a mall (Saks) and Cafe Pata Chou. I find it amazing that you do not see people walking here. It's a car city - everything is very very spread out!

Room Tip: 11th floor looking to the Lake!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I entered and was greeted with quick and prompt service, and handed my key. This was a pleasant first experience. After that I wanted to grab a bite to eat in the lounge or bar not sure what it is. The server pushed me to the lunch buffet even though I really wanted the menu. The buffet food seemed old and odd like it didn't match and may of been reused? But anyway left and got food elsewhere. Enjoyed my business adventure and came back with a co worker for drinks and food. I thought the food was done well for what it was but service was god awful and I think the manager and her employees were playing games in sight the whole time. I would much rather visit a professional hotel with better food. The room was good though no problems there just seems the hotel staff is more high school level.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
G M, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott North, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Mr. James C,
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay, it is valuable to us to both know where we are exceeding our guests expectations as well as where we have fallen short. In this case, certainly we fell short of your - and our own -expectations of the service and guest experience we strive to provide each day.

I would be most grateful for the opportunity to speak and better learn of the details of your experience, at your convenience please feel free to call me at 317-705-0000.

Thank you very much in advance for your time.

James Jackson
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this Marriott property. Yes, the room was a bit dated, but it didn't bother me. It was comfortable, clean, and had the basic things I needed (which wasn't much). I had an amazing balcony room and the view of the water was very peaceful and pleasant. The weather made it nice to have it open in the morning for a nice breeze.

Customer service is a huge plus here. Every staff member I interacted with (especially Jasmin) was very friendly and accommodating, especially with the hotel being close to full capacity. They really seemed to enjoy working there and being a good steward of customer service for occupants.

The lobby is spacious. Although I didn't spend any time there, I probably would have if I stayed more than one night. There is also a nice outdoor area overlooking the water to relax (which should be a major plus during the summer nights).

Without a rewards certificate or using points, I am not sure how often I will be able to stay at the property in the future as it's a category 5 (and I'm on a budget lol). Luckily I tend to earn a lot of reward certificates and points with Marriott :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Concord, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

One night stay for business. Perfect location off 465, next to an upscale mall with several good restaurants within walking distance. I got a corner room with a view of the lake. Extremely comfortable bed and a big bathroom. Quiet, too. The lounge is practically a part of the lobby and the staff were attentive.

Room Tip: corner room, high floor, waterview
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
West Harrison, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I had called the hotel directly for a reservation and asked for an upper floor, no smoking and lakeside with a balcony. (It's pretty cold right now to enjoy for a balcony but wanted to check it out for next time.) When I checked in they did not have me in a balcony room, but the clerk gladly fixed that. .
Overall, I liked the hotel. Room was quiet and the view was nice. The only criticisms I have are that the TV channel choices are really sparse, and that I really think a microwave and refrigerator should be standard, especially when at the price this hotel charges. Seems odd to have to ask for it. I travel quite a bit and I can't remember the last time I stayed in hotel that didn't include a microwave and refrigerator.
That said, I will be back sometime.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank roadtrip6666
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

The staff was nice, the room was clean but dated. That's about it. Everything else was 'extra', quite disappointing frankly especially when the rates to stay here are so high when compared to other places we could have stayed. (We travel as part of a team and have seen alot of hotels in the area)

It will be our one and ONLY stay at this Hotel.
No Fridge
No Microwave
No Breakfast Included
No Internet Included
Rule of thumb: if it was something other than the bed to sleep on, it was an extra charge
The location was quite poor in my opinion, and getting in and out of this 'office' park area was quite a pain, especially in the evening

Overall, a very very disappointing hotel.

Room Tip: Try a different establishment
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Location
G M, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott North, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our team. I am sorry that your stay was less than perfect, please know that our goal is to provide excellence in service and accommodation.

Should you decide to stay with us in the future, please know that we do have microwaves and refrigerators available upon request at no cost to you. As well, we have a variety of packages available which include breakfast and internet.

Our hope is that you will give us another opportunity to host you as our guest in the future. If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me at 317-705-0000.

James
Washington Court House, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

This hotel is extremely nice in all areas. A little pricy. The staff are very friendly and always helpful. The only downside is the internet is extra and which is normally the case in this price range and quality of upscale hotel no free breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We hope to see you back with us again soon!!