“Marriott Indianapolis North”

Ranked #58 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here for one week during training. Very nice hotel, quiet and not a lot of travelers there during my stay in November 2013. Very clean, nice restaurant with great breakfast and the dinners were adequate.
The location is lovely and it really is on the water. Nice views, a very relaxing stay.
Near shopping and entertainment.

Room Tip: Pick a room with a view of the water.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Love the location of this hotel. Others complain hotel outdated but honestly I think thats a bit complainy pants. I think hotel looks fine. Pool is nice (wish there was a hot tub tho) and of course the beds are Marriott beds........ awesome. Staff were all pleasant and helpful. When our little granddaughter expressd on check in she liked the lake, they made sure we had a lake view. Thank you. My only complaint... when I reviewed my credit card statement (1 day later) I was overcharged by $50. When I called they said it was held for incidentals. I would see it off my card within 5 days. I get that with a debit card but not with my credit card. Just irritating. If this has happened with other Marriotts I am unaware (and I check my statements weekly for accuracy) We are Marriott loyal. Will this affect my decision to stay here in the future? Most likely, yes.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
G M, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your kind comments. I am glad our staff was able to help make your and your granddaughters stay a good one and that you enjoyed the lake view room!!

Concerning the pending authorization on your credit card, I am certainly sorry if that caused concern. I am more than happy to assist should you see that it has not already been processed by the credit card company / bank for the proper room and tax.

The confusion is quite understandable as although the hold is customary at all hotels for incidental charges such as room service, movies, etc. and many people are aware of how this affects debit card usage, the hold for incidentals on a credit card is not as well communicated yet it is actually the same except that it does not affect available funds in a bank account like a debit card would. In this case you happened to see it before the charge had processed and the incidental hold had been released by the credit card company.

Again, I am terribly sorry if this caused for a less than excellent stay. Should you encounter any further difficulties or if I can assist in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to help.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is one of my favorites when staying in Indy. Location is convenient related to the office and nicely surrounded by shops and restaurants.
The hotel itself is pretty a Marriott classical. Good size rooms with all standard amenities. An indoor pool and a gym (although a pretty small one).
The difference with Marriott is the people. Great smiles great service, which is why I keep returning.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I have stayed in this hotel, a number of times, when on business in Indianapolis. The service was very good at the front desk, with the bellman, and in the concierge lounge. Special mention should be made of Margie, the evening attendant in the concierge lounge, who is excellent - she is friendly, knows guests by name, and goes out of her way to be helpful.

The hotel itself, and the guest rooms, are very old and dated. On this trip, on my first night, it was also very loud. The housekeepers seemed to be cleaning the room next door to mine for hours - they slammed the door, vacuumed, slammed the door again, vacuumed again. I finally did call the front desk about it - but they never returned the call. Additionally, they did seem to clean the rooms until quite late - and were often still cleaning when I returned to the hotel after work in the evenings. And, my room really didn't feel as thought it had been cleaned well - trash wasn't disposed of, the faucets in the bathroom didn't appear to have been cleaned, bedding was wrinkled.

I felt, on this visit, as though the quality of the hotel had deteriorated.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
G M, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for your feedback!

Margie will be happy to know that she helped to make you feel at home, as will the bellmen and front desk team.

As you may know, our goal is always to exceed your expectations and to not only make you feel at home, but to help make your travels as effortless as possible. In this case we felt short of your - and our own expectations - and for that I sincerely apologize.

Your feedback will be taken back to our hotel teams and your concerns addressed so that you can have a much better experience in the future.

Thank you again for your time and feedback, if there is anything I can assist you with or any further observations that we can take to improve please feel free to contact me at 317-705-0000 or via email.

General manager

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stay almost exclusively in properties owned by Marriott both for pleasure travel and business.

This entire property needs to be completely overhauled as it is very dated. The housekeeping also left much to desired. Our trash was never emptied during our 4 night stay and our towels were not replaced but one time. The housekeeper simply pulled up the comforter to straighten the bed. The toiletries were also never replaced. One small bar of soap does not suffice in a room housing 4 people. The linens were dingy and one of the bed pillows was more than a little stained. Not up to Marriott standards at all.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
G M, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Ms. Elizabeth M, thank you for talking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay. Please allow me to apologize on behalf of our entire team here at the Indianapolis Marriott North.

What you shared is far from the standard of cleanliness and service we set for ourselves and our guests.

I would be grateful to hear more specifics of your stay or any other feedback we could take to improve and ensure an excellent stay for yourself and our other guests. Please feel free to contact me anytime at 317-705-0000 or via email.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stay at this hotel every three weeks for business. I have done this for the last 4 years. The quality of this hotel has gone down. The rooms are in dire need of an update. The carpeting is old, the doors don't close entirely. On my last visit, the toilet didn't flush and the air conditioner did not come on. Also on this visit, there was no water in the gym and two of three treadmills were not working properly. Although i will continue to stay here because of the location to my business, this hotel is entirely overpriced.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
G M, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience with our team at the Indianapolis Marriott North. Certainly, as you know, this is not the experience we strive every day to provide and on behalf of the entire team I would like to apologize for these shortcomings.

If you would, I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further about your experiences. please feel free to contact me at the hotel at 317-705-0000 or via email at your convenience.

Thank you again for your feedback and for your continued loyalty.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I go to the Northern Indy/Carmel area frequently for work, and this place is usually my hotel of choice. The location is probably what sets this hotel apart to an extent, as it is close to most of the restaurants and bars in the area, as well as the various offices. Also, the staff here are some of the friendliest and most willing to help of just about any hotel I've ever stayed at.

The rooms here are fairly standard Marriott rooms that you would expect to see outside of a downtown area. The rooms and lobby could use an update. but it's not too bad.

The lobby and bar area aren't anything special, but if you're staying here for business they'll likely fit your needs. If you're an elite member and have access to the concierge lounge, that's worth checking out as it stacks up well to comparable hotels, and the staff up there are also very friendly and helpful.

One thing that did happen on my most recent stay was that there was a leak in the bathroom when I woke up in the morning. I was in the bedroom area when I heard a crash, and the entire bathroom ceiling had caved in, rendering the bathroom unusable. The staff quickly found me a new room to finish getting ready, and apologized profusely, doing their best to handle a difficult situation. I also got an email subsequently from the hotel manager apologizing for the incident. Basically, I thought they did a pretty good job with a tough situation (although I will say that if it were me, I might've offered a discount on the room for all the trouble).

All in all, great staff at a good location for the area. Will definitely continue to stay here on my trips.

Stayed: July 2014