“I AM A PLATINUM MEMBER AND HAVE ALWAYS BEEN TREATED AS SUCH!”

Indianapolis Marriott North
Ranked #54 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Nashville, Tennessee
“I AM A PLATINUM MEMBER AND HAVE ALWAYS BEEN TREATED AS SUCH!”
Reviewed 21 December 2010

I was appalled to read the last comment regarding platinum status not being recognized at this hotel. I stay at the Indianapolis Marriott North at least 50 nights a year; it is like my second home. They treat me like family and always go above and beyond for me and all my colleagues. I travel extensively and I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Indianapolis!! This is the best hotel in the state, if not the US. They are ranked the #1 Marriott in the Nation for guest service and it is obvious to me why. I am positive they recognize every platinum guest and this person was trying to get something for nothing, that's usually the case.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 7 December 2010

I stayed with this hotel for a few nights for my sisters wedding. At check in, I notified the front desk that I was a platinum member. The agent thanked me and handed me my keys. At check out, I mentioned that I had not received my platinum gift. The hotel informed me that they would not honor the Marriott guarantee!

I followed up with a letter to Marriott corporate that was then sent on to the general manager 3 months later. The general managed informed me that he had talked to the front desk and they stated that someone else had checked in for me and that is why they did not have to honor the guarantee.

My issues about this hotel are that they do not honor the platinum guarantee, front desk employees will lie, and they don't seem to think there is a problem having other people check into your room (even though it was not true in this case)!
\
If you are a preferred member with Marriott do not stay here.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank trav_den
Huntington, Indiana, USA
Reviewed 28 October 2010

I have just spent the last two days at this hotel attending a conference. I find it to be a superb facility. The staff is friendly and kind The food is flavorful and ample. The rooms are large and clean with a modern decor. The location is also peaceful.

• Stayed October 2010
Warsaw, Indiana
Reviewed 16 October 2010

My daughter lives in Indy and over the years I've stayed in quite a few of the nicer hotels. This one is the best BY FAR! Staff are friendly and try to accommodate all requests. Beds are super comfortable and rooms are large and very clean. Breakfast buffet is delicious and offers cooked to order foods as well as continental foods for a reasonable price. View of the lake is gorgeous and some rooms have balconies. My elderly parents once had difficulty with the lock on the door being hard to turn and it was repaired within a few hours AND they got their room for free. Every couple of times I stay, I'm given a VIP card for free breakfast, movie or points. I've stayed at least 35 times and never had a bad experience.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Erkrath
Reviewed 1 August 2010

This is a hotel a little outside of Indianapolis (about 30 minutes from the airport), however, nicely located in the neighborhood of a shopping mall with several high end stores. The hotel itself is a quiet hotel with good access to the highway 465. Nicely located concierge lounge on the 11th floor. Running path around a lake directly next to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2010

When I arrived my room was not ready. i went to have lunch and overheard the GM and other people talking about the guests. NEXT TIME don't do it in the restaurant! When I got in my room the mattress was so saggy it was like being in my grandmother's house. I called down and they offered to send me a board. I insisted they bring up a new mattress. They did and it was much better. I did not get an upgrade. I guess I should be blessed that I was given a room. I am platinum with Marriott and do spend 300 + nights a year in hotels and do know Mr. Marriott. When I went into the concierge lounge I overheard a platinum for life customer complaining he was not able to get in the night before and had a reservation. This goes into the WHAT WERE YOU THINKING folder. They do have the concierge lounge with sodas, wine, snacks, the works. The attendant was on the phone each time I was there. I did eat twice in the restaurant and it was fairly good. I used the conference rooms and it was acceptable (A FEW GLITCHES). I did have to call to get a robe, no slippers, and no receipts for items in the gift shop? OMG. They need to work on things!~

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Oxford, IN
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I have never stayed anywhere where I felt so welcome. I appreciate the wonderful service! Thank you.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business