“Very Good, But Need Some Improvements!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing
Ranked #39 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
São Paulo/Brazil
“Very Good, But Need Some Improvements!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

The Hotel is Very Good, but need to take some care with some Issues.

For example, I Wanted to use the pool, which opens at 9AM, It was 9:15 and nothing, I had to go to the front desk to ask to open the pool.

The rooms are clean, but not as cleaner as their "Brother" hotel, the Hampton Inn, I've stayied in Hampton inn in Saint Louis and notice a big difference

The Rooms are clean and big, but a little old, they should refurbish the rooms
The staff was helpful when necessary, but not proactive.

It's a Good Hotel, Grade 7 from 10 for me, but need some improvements to reach the 10.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mike A, Director Of Operations at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear Camabap,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I was sorry to see you did not feel we were ranked as a 10 out of 10. We strive for complete guest satisfaction, so I thank you for bringing these issues to our attention to improve upon. I do hope you will come back to visit us again in the future.

Homewood Suites Indianapolis - At The Crossing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at this property in March for just a quick getaway and some time together. I have stayed here several years back and remembered that I enjoyed it so we decided to try again. We loved it! The location in Northeast Indianapolis near the Castleton area was perfect. There is so much to do in that area without ever having to go downtown. Restaurants, shopping and other activities are abundant. We booked the 1 bedroom king suite and it was very nice, with separate tv's in the bedroom and living area and a fully equipped kitchenette. I also enjoyed the option of the free breakfast every morning and the cocktail hour in the evenings. The only downside to this stay was that their was a rowdy group of folks returning to their room around 2 am who were fighting outside of our door. We could hear glass breaking and a lot of yelling, but it didn't last long. My husband didn't even hear them. All in all, I would definitely retun in the near future.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kb1908
Dear KJ1908,

Thank you for taking the time to write such great comments about your stay. We are very glad you enjoyed your time here with us. Please come back and see us again!

Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

The arrangement of the building makes this complex more like an apartment complex than a hotel. All of the rooms are suites, so there is a separate bedroom. Even though the bedroom was kind of small, the layout worked well. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The only downside, if one can call it that, is the entrance is somewhat hidden. There is no large, obvious sign for the hotel, it looks more like you are entered a private community. Kepp this in mind as you have to be observant or you'll miss the entrance

Room Tip: None of the room has an outstanding view, so they all seem to be pretty much alike.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mike A, Director Of Operations at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Dear TravelinVC,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such valuable feedback. I was very glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us, and the room worked well for you. Our entrance is indeed a bit hidden, gives us a nice "set away" feeling with little road noise. Please do not hesitate to come see us again in the future.

ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

Nice place, quiet so I had no problem taking care of my reports in the evening.
Good value for the $$, clean and comfortable. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear Rgfloor,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback! I am so glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come see us again in the future!

North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

The hotel rooms are suites, so you are able to spread out a bit. Breakfast and light dinner w/drinks M-Thur, so even though rooms are a little expensive, if you factor in those two meals it's not too bad. We stay here every year-the property is clean and well kept and we like the location. Close to Broad Ripple and the mall at the Crossings.Staff is very nice-we've been going 4 years in a row and never have had an issue. If you are looking for a place to stay in that area, I would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: not all rooms on the top floor have elevator access-depends which building you are in, so that may b...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Linda R
Mike A, Directof Of Operations at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Dear Linda R,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. We greatly appreciate your comments and reccommendations. Thank you for being such a loyal guest to our property. Please do not hesitate to come back and see us in the future!!

Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed in room 310. It was clean, comfortable and a great value. The suite was decorated in warm colors. There were two flat screen TV's one in the bedroom and one in the living room. This was great for us because my husband goes to bed much earlier than I do. The beds were comfortable and I loved the thermostat and temperature control. The kitchen and bathrooms were spotless as was the entire unit. We will definately return to the Homewood Suites on our next visit to Indianapolis.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank HiFred123
Mike A, Director of Operations at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Dear HiFred123,

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

The family was in town for a soccer tournament and we decided on a double suite to allow us some down-time from the daughter plus allow her some space with her soccer teammates. Unfortunately, when we checked in, I was told we were in a King Suite with a hideaway. As I stated I was confirmed with a two-bedroom suite,but I was told-repeatedly-by the front desk personnel, that Homewood didn't confirm the room, only the soccer tournament confirmed the two-bedroom suite. As can be expected, there were no other rooms available at this hotel or any hotel in the area due to this soccer tournament-the hotel knew it had me, I knew they had me. The King Suite was fine except for: Huge spot on the bed's comforter-not a huge deal since I pull it off-but still gross, and the very sticky floors in the kitchen and the bathroom, the child lost a flip-flop while walking through-but even though the start of the trip was horrendous, Management at the hotel did call me later in the week and offered their apologies plus comp'd the room but that didn't make up for all the angst at check-in. It is a fine hotel but I would not come back again due to the problems-life is too short to patronize such establishments for creating strife during a family trip.

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel is very quiet but I would stay away from the basketball court area at all...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Scott E
Dear Scott E,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response. I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with the room types not being honored. As you stated above, we have taken care of the night's charges for you, and a member of our sales team has contacted you to apologize for the mix-up. I realize what a headache this must have been for you and I sincerely apologize. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.