“Very Clean and Comfortable! Nice Room Arrangement!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing
Ranked #37 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 June 2012

First of all, Indianapolis is a nice City! Wow! I didn't expect that! Take a drive down the historic district :)

Ok, so the hotel..

I was just passing through and stayed for a night on the 2nd floor. The view was... of another apartment/room across from me. The property is surrounded by trees so you can't see much on either side. It feels more like an apartment/condo and not so much like a hotel.

Pros: good room arrangement, clean, flat screen TV with multiple inputs, kitchenette, comfortable bed and couch, nice bathrooms.

Cons: Upstairs unit is Stairs only, no elevator if you have heavy luggage. (I travel with a carry-on only so its no big deal, except that my family of three women pack like they bought out Macy's... you want to guess who the lucky guy is who gets to haul their luggage out of the car and up the flight of stairs? )

Overall: Very comfortable. Kind of a depressing atmosphere (dark n gloomy). If you like the traditional hotel which is lively and want to see lots of people, do NOT stay here. If you are either introverted, or just like peace and quiet for whatever reason (around screaming kids all day and need a break), this might be the place for you :)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank TravellingDoctor786
Mike A, Director Of Operations at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Dear TravellingDoctor786,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such great feedback. Being a Generation I Homewood Suites, our layout is different from that of a traditional hotel. Our separate buildings provide a quiet and private apartment atmosphere. We do have guest rooms in one of our buildings with elelvator access, I apologize if we were unable to accommodate you in that particular building. If you are in the area, we would love for you to come stay with us again.

Homewood Suites Indianapolis - At The Crossing

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing

Reviewed 8 June 2012

We didn't actually stay overnight. We couldn't. We were in a suite on the second floor and not only could we hear every word of conversation from people walking by outside, we heard every word of normal conversation from the suite below us! We could hear their TV and we could hear their children arguing! Hotels aren't soundproof, but for the amount of money we were being charged per night for this suite, I did NOT expect to be able to hear through the windows and floor as if they weren't even there. We stayed less than two hours then left to find another hotel. I wish I could remember the name of the woman at the front desk, because she was exceptional. They were full so she had no place else to move us, and kept apologizing. It's not her fault the buildings were constructed that way. In the end, we weren't charged anything, and the email I received the next day from the manager was kind and gracious. Bottom line: HUGE, clean suites with all kinds of wonderful amenities, but don't stay here unless being able to hear others' conversations outside and in the suites around you doesn't bother you.

Room Tip: None. You can hear right through the windows and floors.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank romancewriter_tara

Dear RomancewriterTN,

I was very sorry to see you were unable to enjoy your stay with us due to the noise levels you encountered. Even though we have already corresponded via email, I would again like to apologize for the inconvenience of being unable to rest and enjoy yourself. I do hope you will visit us again if you are in the area.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

The Hotel is Very Good, but need to take some care with some Issues.

For example, I Wanted to use the pool, which opens at 9AM, It was 9:15 and nothing, I had to go to the front desk to ask to open the pool.

The rooms are clean, but not as cleaner as their "Brother" hotel, the Hampton Inn, I've stayied in Hampton inn in Saint Louis and notice a big difference

The Rooms are clean and big, but a little old, they should refurbish the rooms
The staff was helpful when necessary, but not proactive.

It's a Good Hotel, Grade 7 from 10 for me, but need some improvements to reach the 10.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Dear Camabap,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I was sorry to see you did not feel we were ranked as a 10 out of 10. We strive for complete guest satisfaction, so I thank you for bringing these issues to our attention to improve upon. I do hope you will come back to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at this property in March for just a quick getaway and some time together. I have stayed here several years back and remembered that I enjoyed it so we decided to try again. We loved it! The location in Northeast Indianapolis near the Castleton area was perfect. There is so much to do in that area without ever having to go downtown. Restaurants, shopping and other activities are abundant. We booked the 1 bedroom king suite and it was very nice, with separate tv's in the bedroom and living area and a fully equipped kitchenette. I also enjoyed the option of the free breakfast every morning and the cocktail hour in the evenings. The only downside to this stay was that their was a rowdy group of folks returning to their room around 2 am who were fighting outside of our door. We could hear glass breaking and a lot of yelling, but it didn't last long. My husband didn't even hear them. All in all, I would definitely retun in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kb1908

Dear KJ1908,

Thank you for taking the time to write such great comments about your stay. We are very glad you enjoyed your time here with us. Please come back and see us again!

Reviewed 3 June 2012

The arrangement of the building makes this complex more like an apartment complex than a hotel. All of the rooms are suites, so there is a separate bedroom. Even though the bedroom was kind of small, the layout worked well. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The only downside, if one can call it that, is the entrance is somewhat hidden. There is no large, obvious sign for the hotel, it looks more like you are entered a private community. Kepp this in mind as you have to be observant or you'll miss the entrance

Room Tip: None of the room has an outstanding view, so they all seem to be pretty much alike.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Mike A, Director Of Operations at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear TravelinVC,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such valuable feedback. I was very glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us, and the room worked well for you. Our entrance is indeed a bit hidden, gives us a nice "set away" feeling with little road noise. Please do not hesitate to come see us again in the future.

Reviewed 2 June 2012

Nice place, quiet so I had no problem taking care of my reports in the evening.
Good value for the $$, clean and comfortable. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Rgfloor,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback! I am so glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come see us again in the future!

Reviewed 29 May 2012

The hotel rooms are suites, so you are able to spread out a bit. Breakfast and light dinner w/drinks M-Thur, so even though rooms are a little expensive, if you factor in those two meals it's not too bad. We stay here every year-the property is clean and well kept and we like the location. Close to Broad Ripple and the mall at the Crossings.Staff is very nice-we've been going 4 years in a row and never have had an issue. If you are looking for a place to stay in that area, I would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: not all rooms on the top floor have elevator access-depends which building you are in, so that may b...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Linda R
Mike A, Directof Of Operations at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear Linda R,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. We greatly appreciate your comments and reccommendations. Thank you for being such a loyal guest to our property. Please do not hesitate to come back and see us in the future!!