Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing
Ranked #38 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 May 2008

We stayed at the Homewood suites for the Indy 500. We enjoyed the large room and kitchen. The hotel was in reasonable distance to the track, dining and other points of interest. The breakfast each day was delicious. Apparently in the evenings (non weekends) they do a complimentary food and beverages. The pool was always stocked with towels and was never too crowded. The fitness center could use a revamp but it worked and it was great to have access to two computers with internet. We didn't bring a pet but we could hear a couple barking through the doors. Overall good stay-it was a nice place to return to at the end of our adventures.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
John E, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2015

Reviewed 29 December 2007

We flew in on Christmas day. There are serious health issues in the family with our relatives so we were sent to Homewood Suites. We returned 6pm on the 26th and our room wasn't cleaned. My husband took wet towels to the desk and was given a few new towels but no apology for not cleaning our room.

That evening I wrote to Hilton and received a reply that they were looking into it and I have a case number. They cleaned the room the next day.

Today we left at 10 am and returned at three, and no-one had cleaned. My husband called and we left for two hours and it was done.

I've been to hotels for many years and never returned to an unmade room or had to remind staff to clean.

When one is dealing with family matters, a hotel should be the least of problems. This is not the case here. Also they spray this sickly awful stuff to make the place smell as if it was cleaned. I should have known, as there was a note a couple of doors down saying "PLEASE NO SPRAY!"

Stayed: December 2007
John E, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2015

I wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel! I hope you felt at home. We can’t wait to welcome you home again soon!

Reviewed 23 October 2007

I've stayed at this property a few times over the last couple of years, but this time I definitely noticed it is showing its age. The furnishings in the rooms are definitely dated, including the furniture, the carpet, the kitchen appliances and the bathroom area. The plug in the bathroom didn't even work when I went to plug in my electric razor so I was forced to shave in the kitchen with no mirror. The hotel doesn't deliver a copy of your bill under the door of your room at the end of your stay so you're forced to go the front desk in order to get one which is inconvenient since none of the buildings are connected to the lobby. There are plenty of other Hilton properties within the area which are much nicer and I'd definitely suggest seeking one of them out if you are looking for a Hilton property.

• Stayed: October 2007

Reviewed 22 October 2007

I have stayed here several times over the last couple of years as an alternative to downtown Indianapolis hotels.
This is the standard Homewood Suites with refrigerator, cooktop, living room, bedroom and bath. It has always been a pleasant stay. This time however, I have noticed a steep decline in the place.
Pros:
Beds are standard Homewood beds: excellent and clean with comfortable pillows.
Baths have been updated with arced shower rod and new shower enclosure.
Lots of room, good layout.
Good free breakfast.
Cons:
This place needs a remodel. Most Homewoods seem to have some kind of ongoing renovations going on to keep the furniture, carpet and fittings new. The micro and stovetop were really old. The furniture was clean. Decor seemed somewhat dated. The vanity area was basic and older.
Front desk did not seem terribly professional. Although it was a night with very low occupancy, they had not glanced at room preferences.

There are rooms with exterior corridors and interior corridors. If safety is an issue, I would choose the interior corridor buildiings.

This is however, one of the few Indy area (decent) hotels that accepts pets, so I may stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank carztraveler

Reviewed 6 September 2007

The room was big with a living room with fire place, full size kitchen, nice size bedroom with 2 beds and a TV, bathroom. Hot breakfast each morning was nice. I used the sauna and jacuzzi. They also had a half court basketball area. I was impressed.
The only drawback was the staff. Front desk staff could not figure out how to charge two nights stay with 2 different credit cards. I wanted to pay for one night and my friend wanted to pay for the other night but staff couldn't figure out how to do this.

Stayed: September 2007

Reviewed 13 August 2007

We took a large group (70) to this hotel as we were in Indy for a convention. We were there for a week. We thought we were going to get an incredible hotel but turned out to be more problems than we thought. The first day was filled with room confusion. Not to mention they gave us a few smoking rooms that they said were "cleaned" with a deodorizer. They still smelled horrible. The housekeeping was horrible! we never had our rooms cleaned, maybe the bed made, but that was it. They reused our towels and folded them and did not get us new ones. The staff made promises they couldn't keep and over charged us on some rooms. many of the staff we dealt with were not professional with us. The internet worked sporadically as did the television. The only good thing was the food. they did that well out of everything. I have to say, this was not a pleasing experience.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 August 2007

My spouse and 2 children stayed here after a 13 hour day in the car. What a nice place! The staff was very friendly, the room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was great. The room was a small suite, but had a full fridge, cooktop, microwave and small sink. When traveling with kids, it's great to have a seperate room and TV (with DVD player) for kids and adults alike to relax, as well as a small kitchen area. The bed was really comfortable. The climate was controlled by thermostat (i.e. no noisy window unit), and it was very quiet.

There was an outdoor pool and basketball court (I don't think it was lighted, so don't worry about a 3am game...) and the grounds were spotless and well-groomed. It's true that there is no central elevator, but you can park really close to the elevator for each seperate building.

The breakfast was really good: scrambled eggs, sausage, freshly-cooked waffles, fresh fruit and all the usual continental fare. Apparently, during the week, they have a free, light dinner including wine and beer (we were there on the weekend, though).

For the price, it is a deal; we've paid more for a standard room at a Hampton or comparable hotel and received much, much less in return. The location is close to shopping and just about any restaurant you might want.

We liked this place a lot, and will return anytime we need to stay in Indy, and will search for other Homewood locations when on the road.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing
TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Keystone
Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis-Keystone
Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapoli...
#58 of 188 in Indianapolis
Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone
3 mi away
Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Carmel
Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis Carmel

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing? Share your experiences!