“Home away from home”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Malvern, Pennsylvania
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 24 August 2006

Upon the recommendation of a client two years ago, I stayed at the Homewood Suites. Four business trips later, I continue to stay here whenever I travel to Indianapolis. Obviously the location is convenient if you have business on the north or northeast side of Indianapolis. The staff have always been friendly and polite. The rooms are spacious and clean; the breakfast is delicious; and things such as water pressure, temperature, and climate control have not been a problem. The location is convenient to the restaurants and bars of the Broad Ripple area. For joggers, the Monon Trail is a short drive away. Malls and stores abound. The only inconvenience is trying to make a left turn out of the hotel's parking lot onto 86th Street during the morning rush hour. Have patience. Overall, this hotel offers all types of travelers a pleasant stay on the northside of Indy.

• Stayed May 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Keystone_Traveler
John E, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this review, 18 August 2015

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Indiana
Reviewed 8 June 2006

This is our first stay in a Homewood Suites so we don't have any other Homewood Suites to compare it to like the previous reviewer did. We thought that compared to other moderate hotel chains we often stay in that this was quite nice. It's nice to have the fridge and microwave, and the suite is bigger than just a hotel room would be.

The free breakfast and light dinner were very good.

The staff are amoung the friendliest I have ever dealt with and the room and grounds were spotless.

We usually stay at the Sheraton in Indianapolis and we find it's nice to be able to park close to your room and not have to be constantly taking evevators like we have to do at the Sheraton (we travel with our dog and he has to go outside every few hours).

We come to Indianapolis every couple of weeks and will be staying here from now on.

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank Mike3412
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 14 December 2005

My husband and I arrived on a Wednesday evening @ 8PM. It was @ 10 degrees outside - COLD! I was so happy to walk in the warm lobby with a fireplace knowing that I didn't have to face the cold again for the day. We checked in and when I asked where the elevators were - the clerk pulled out a map. I never needed a map before to find elevators - but whatever. The map was to our room - which was outside behind the lobby. Once my husband brought our luggage into the lobby we had to walk out the back door of the lobby, through a maze of walkways and try to find the correct building and doorway as fast as possible - because it was cold! What really worried me is that there was 8" of snow predicted for the next day. I knew we were checking out the next morning, but just imagine checking in to a hotel and having to roll your luggage through 8" of snow. The snowstorm came the next day and I felt bad for anyone staying there. All of the rooms open directly to the outdoors. That wouldn't be so bad in a southern climate - but Indianapolis isn't too southern. Directly outside our "living room" area was a basketball court. How would you like to be staying in the summer and check in after a long day looking forward to R&R only to have people playing hoops outside your window.

I've stayed in over 9 Homewood Suites this year that were GREAT! This was not Homewood nor any other Hilton Family hotel quality.

Every Homewood Suites I've ever stayed in had a nice sized kitchenette off the living area. These rooms had a refrigerator and sink area squeezed along one wall of the living area. I don't think they were originally built to be suites. My husband slept on the pull out couch due to his snoring and in the morning I couldn't get around the sofabed and tables to get to the fridge because the rooms was so tight.

We're Hilton Honor Diamond members and have stayed in A LOT of hotels - from $70/night Hampton Inns to $400/night Hiltons. This was the worst.

Oh those poor people who had to walk through the winter storm that day to get to their rooms.

• Stayed December 2005
6 Thank spkjones
John E, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this review, 28 August 2015
I wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel! I hope you felt at home. We can’t wait to welcome you home again soon!