“Wow, This Place Really Turned It Around”

Courtyard Indianapolis Carmel
Ranked #71 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I do business about twice a year at a location just a mile away. I stayed here 7 years ago, when I first started doing business there, as I prefer Marriott properties when I travel. I am platinum with them each year, so when I can..I do stay. My stay 7 years ago was disastrous. The place was dirty, badly managed, and dated in decor.

Heard they had remodeled over Christmas and that it was finally nice -- and that it was under better management. So, gave it a stay. Besides, the Doubletree down the street has been getting worse and worse progressively (case in point, we stopped by there to have a drink with our client, as they were staying there, and there was a bulldozer parked in the bar. I'm NOT kidding.

Anyway, back to Courtyard. Nice new Courtyard decor. Looks like the typical 3 star Euro boutique hotels you see in Sweden, Holland, etc. I really like their breakfast thing they have going on now with the Courtyards. MUCH needed improvedment over that devilishly crappy $10 buffet thing they had going on for oh so many years. Now you order off of a board with calories and fat content by each item. Very nice. The healthy start breakfast sandwich is terrific and when paired with a tall Starbuck's....it's money.

The rooms are also remodeled with modern furniture, 32" flat screen and HD cable tv. Don't care for the new Paul Mitchell bath products at all and never have been a huge fan of the Couryard's doughy beds....but those are my only critiques. I like the rest of the remodel. I got a platinum upgrade to a king suite (room 420....no jokes, please...haha....as no smoking allowed in the hotel) that had a balcony and separate bedroom. It was relaxing. I had a mini-fridge and a microwave and ended up using both. Great room for a family to book.

Nice, friendly staff with a "can do" attitude. Will definitely stay here again when returning. It's my new Carmel hotel! Good riddance, Doubletree!

Room Tip: Try to stick to a lower floor. The elevators are few and very slow.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ATLconsultant
Kris N, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Dear ATL Consultant,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our newly renovated hotel. I am so sorry I have not reponded earlier.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and find our newly renovated product a hit.

Thank you so much for making this your new home and I look forward to hosting your next visit.

Warm Regards

Kris Norman
Genenral Manager

Reviewed 17 June 2012

hotel was nice, room was nice, except that television did not work properly, and with two kids, that was a disaster. In addition, parking was less than adequate if you have a uhual truck with a dolly attached. This was the case for me, then some employee of the hotel parked where he should not have, and i was stuck in the parking lot, unable to leave, for two hours. I received no extra points, no partial refunds, nothing, so , i probably will not be staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Spent two nights here on a quick trip to town. The outside of the building looks dated, but inside it's been fully remodeled to the new "hip" Courtyard standards, boasting the deli-cafe style small restaurant and the newly fashioned rooms and baths.

Rooms are good in size, clean and comfortable, and even offer a nice balcony for you to chill and look at nothing when back from a long day's worth of work. Swiming pool was nice too, and the whirpool was an added bonus.

Location is great, very close to 465 and close enough to Broad Ripple area for those looking for a bit of fun and relaxation when heading out for dinner. Front desk satf was very couteous and offered great suggestions for places for dinner.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We just spent three days at this newly remodeled hotel. The flavor is asian and the decor is beautiful. When we went to use the jacuzzi and pool, we had it all to ourselves. The friendliness of the staff was outstanding. It is right across the street from a vibrant Michael Graves designed hospital. The friendliness of the staff was the best I've had. Tip: go for the package with the breakfast included or the bill adds up fast.

Room Tip: I love facing the courtyard and always ask for a room above the first the floor, they has small but...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed the weekend of March 23-25, 2012, and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. Had balcony room over atrium - beautiful. There is a barbeque area for grilling (if you choose); the swimming pool and sauna were large enough; the lobby is fabulously decorated in modern style with a soothing fireplace and large screen t.v.s The small cafe in the lobby had delicious breakfast (although we were used to having continental breakfasts), with the most tasty sausage and eggs. Take advantage, however, of the coffee offered in the lobby for FREE. Room was standard, with nice size, comfortable bed and large television. We had a fridge delivered to the room, which kept our drinks and leftovers cold. The hotel is also very quiet. In fact, there were dozens of teenaged girls staying in hotel for Volleyball Championships and we rarely heard a peep.

Great location off highway and three lights away from shopping complexes, numerous hospitals and downtown Carmel. This suburb is semi-to-extremely affluent, with the most beautiful homes you could imagine. You should definitely venture north to Downtown Carmel - the City of Statues. Also Carmel is great highschool sports town - 2012 Champions of Basketball, Football, Girls Swimming and Soccer.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mcbarber930
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I stay here when on business; good value, clean but dated. Nice pool and hot tub. Wireless connection is unusably slow.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Patrick B
Kris N, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy our pool and spa. I would like to apologize that the internet did not meet your expectations and I am delighted to inform you that we will be getting an upgrade to our provoder and service with-in the comming weeks. We hope to host your next visit. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We frequently stay at Marriot locations and this one did not disappoint. Conveniently located just north of the freeway on Indiana 31. The rooms have been recently remodeled, staff is friendly and helpful. Very clean rooms and super comfortable beds. On site Bistro is convenient but there are also many nice restaurants close by.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Castleton
Courtyard Indianapolis Castleton
Courtyard Indianapolis Castleton
#91 of 186 in Indianapolis

Been to Courtyard Indianapolis Carmel? Share your experiences!