“Great hotel and very friendly employees had a great stay”

Courtyard Indianapolis Carmel
Ranked #76 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Milan
“Great hotel and very friendly employees had a great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

would stay there again very clean, and nice hotel had plenty of room in pool and hot tub, very nice outdoor area lots of room for everyone employees were super nice and helpful
would recommend to anyone. best rooms would be 1st floor pool side

Room Tip: get the 1st floor pool side room , great
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kenosha, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We were forced to stay at this hotel because of a baseball tournament for my son. A couple of weeks before we arrived we called to get a microwave. We were told to make the request at check in and not to worry because there would be plenty of refrigerators available. We were going to be there for four nights so with a family of four we brought some groceries for food. When we checked in there were no refrigerators available. They said to try again the next day. I called the front desk and they said they would check. There were none available. We finally received a refrigerator on the third night.
Now service. It went from the worst I have ever experience to very good. The service the first night was horrendous. The lack of people skills by the front desk and the bartender posing as a manager was poor. We checked in at 11 pm and I met with some other parents in the courtyard. We had only been there for a short time. Within 90 min of us being in the courtyard an employee came out and began yelling at us and telling us he had warned us three times. He had never came out to warn us. We learned later that it was another group and he never warned them, it was a different employee. We also found out he was not a desk worker but a bartender. When asked who was in charge he said that he was. As we were putting our chairs back we tried to tell him that we were never warned. He then called the police. His shirt was unbuttoned and untucked and he looked very unprofessional as well as acted very unprofessional. The first time he ever addressed any of us was confrontational, rude, and very loud. His representation of the business was embarrassing. I called the manager the next day and explained the situation. She was very polite and assured she would address the situation and talk with her employees while being very apologetic. The staff from that point on was very polite and very accommodating. It is evident that the manager cares for her business and has expectations for her employees. And she has the respect of her employees.

Rooms were very nice and clean. Hallways, pool, and fitness room were also well groomed and the lobby was modern and inviting. The courtyard was beautiful and a great place to spend some downtime in.

We had breakfast through an agreement with the baseball organization and the hotel. The breakfast area was not looked after. When things ran out we would have to find an employee and then wait 10 minutes for the food to cook. The garbage cans were overflowing and the tables were dirty. It would be expected that the attention to the food and serving room would be serviced more efficiently.

All in all my family was taken care of and our needs were met at some point throughout our stay. I can say that because of the management and rooms as well as the fair price I would consider staying again. First impressions are difficult to get over but the exponential improvement made the rest of our stay positive.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank choijohn
Kris N, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Carmel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear John

I want to thank you again for contacting me while staying with us and allowing me the opportunity to address your concerns.

I realize this reflects your confidence in Marriott and I am truly sorry for failing to provide you the level of comfort and service that you have come to expect from Marriott. I assure you I have addressed these issues with not only my staff but my leadership team as well.

At the Courtyard Carmel we strive to provide a comfortable stay as well as outstanding customer service to each and every guest.

If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me at 317-571-1110. Again I apologize for the inconvenience we caused you.

Sincerely

Kris Norman
North Baltimore, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This weekend we stayed at the Carmel Courtyard by Marriott. Less than stellar would be a good way to sum up our stay. My husband, our two youngest daughters and I were attending a mid summer conference and this hotel was chosen by the event planner due to our Fall event being planned at the Courtyard by Marriott in Chicago. We would have left the hotel after the first night had we found another hotel near by with space available.

Upon arrival, the greeting was less than warm, more just "matter of fact". We requested a room over looking the courtyard on the second floor or higher as our daughter wanted to be able to see the view, our request appeared to be happily granted, and were told she placed us on the 4th floor, however once arriving on the 4th floor and looking at our card holder, no room number had been given, after a quick trip back down to the lobby, we found our room and also found we had a lovely view....of the parking lot and construction. After checking with the front desk again about the situation and requesting a refrigerator and microwave, to which we were asked if we really needed both....we were told they would check with housekeeping and see what could be done. We thanked her and headed to the pool area. Which we found to be nice and well kept....however, no public restrooms were available without going back across the courtyard. After a nice swim, we checked back with the front desk and were told it was all taken care of...we paused waiting for the room number and were told...oh they brought the refrigerator and microwave to your room. Um...not what was asked for but okay...upon arriving at our room...a well worn min fridge was there, but no microwave. We had now given up and just went with what we had. Then time to check out the coffee bar downstairs that was a "Starbucks" ... lets just stick with the less than stellar review point here also...in addition, it closed at least 30 min before the posted closing time, and the morning breakfast was sad unless you are just looking for a coffee shop pastry and expect to be well charged for that.

Had this been a non Marriott property or a under $120 a night hotel, my thoughts might be different however, if this type of price is charged, I at least expect the beds made the next day. We are strongly questioning staying at the preferred hotel for our fall conference since it is also a Courtyard by Marriott.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Michele M
Kris N, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Carmel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
I want to thank you very much for taking the time to bring your recent experience at the Carmel Courtyard to my attention. This encounter was upsetting for me to hear as this is not the level of service in which Marriott prides itself. I realize this reflects your confidence in Marriott and I am truly sorry for failing to provide you a comfortable, hassle free stay. I can assure you our guest satisfaction is our number one priority, not meeting or exceeding your expectations is not acceptable. I will be addressing these issues with my leadership team. Your business to Marriott is both valued and appreciated. Please feel free to contact me at 317-571-1110 if you would like to further discuss.

Kris Norman
Indianapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed here just one night while my wife had surgery nearby. Excellent service! I will specifically mention Ray Patterson who treated this Platinum member as if I truly belonged there. Thank you, and I would definitely recommend.

P.S. Food at the in-hotel bistro was excellent, both dinner and breakfast.

Room Tip: Some rooms are far from the front desk, so consider this if that is an issue.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

After spending a day running a 5K in mud, it was refreshing to walk into such a nice hotel with a wonderful front desk staff! Clean, modern, comfortable place to stay! Rooms were very spacious and had nice balconies. We loved the Paul Mitchell hair toiletries! The beds were wonderful, especially after a hard day of running! Jesse, in the bistro was a delight! He made the best drinks and gave us great recommendations for local restaurants. There were a lot of young kids and sports teams staying there but we never heard a thing. We will definitely return if ever in the area again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed here four nights for a business trip
Our check in experience was great considering we had to make a few changes. They were handled quickly and efficiently.

The property is clean and modern. As mentioned in other reviews parking can be an issue if you arrive later in the evening. And the road construction can be tricky, but not enough of a problem to not stay here.

The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. I had a balcony overlooking the courtyard.

A great stay while in the Indy area

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is a nice, clean hotel in the Carmel area right off 465 and Meridian. However, there is not a lot to do in the area unless you can drive to it. The Bistro didn't open until 5pm and I arrived hungry. Local restaurants that deliver don't open until 5pm.

The staff was very nice and the hotel very clean!

Room Tip: All rooms face office buildings or roads.
Green Features: Marriott does a great job of this as a company. They had information in the room offering you recycling, towel usage, etc. Also provided recycle containers in lobby area.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#97 of 178 in Indianapolis
Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel
Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Carmel
SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Carmel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Carmel
Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis Carmel
Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis C...
#21 of 178 in Indianapolis

Been to Courtyard Indianapolis Carmel? Share your experiences!