“Good price but not worth the pain...”

Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel
Ranked #118 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 12 August 2012

My fiance and I chose this hotel because it was very reasonably priced. When we first got there we waited almost ten minutes for someone to come to the front desk so we could check in. We finally get to our room and things looked fine... Pretty clean. The beds were as hard as a rock... We both woke up with horrible back pain. The walls are so paper thin that when the guests above is woke up at 5 AM, we did as well. We heard tons of creeks and footsteps and it sounded like they were showering in our shower it was so loud. Then housekeeping would have barged right in at 10 if we didn't have the dead bolt locked. She gave us about 5 seconds to reach the door before attempting to enter. Then once we left, once again no one was at the front desk. We definitely would have paid the extra 15 bucks or so to stay at a better hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Nettoe
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that outside noise doesn't interfere with a guest's stay. Additionally, our hotels are constructed in such a way as to mitigate the noise from outside disturbances. In the event that you are disturbed by an outside event while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

My family makes an annual trip to Carmel, IN. We decided to try an extended stay hotel to see if it was more family friendly. Beds were most uncomfortable. Although there was a garden apartment ambience there was no elevator and very few, if any amenties. I would not stay there again.
I thought it was bearable but my family hated it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences. As well, we offer basic amenities. Should you need anything beyond what is in the room, our Front Desk Agents have a limited supply of complimentary sundries available at your request. I apologize if we did not communicate that to you appropriately.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Really enjoyed my stay here, the staff really go out of their way to make your stay nice. Julie is a great manager with alot of experience in the business of hospitality. Kirsten also would go out of her way, treating every quest special. Having stay at alot of hotel in the past, WOW it's nice and refreshing to have stayed here. I know I will stay here everytime I'm in Indianapolis. Thanks guys!!!!!

Room Tip: I liked staying on the bottom floor, no stairs to navigate, plus vending, gym, and landry are locate...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

Well Its been 3 months iam staying and my experience is been great .Very quiet and pleasant location and the best part of the hotel is the staff who make a greater difference .They are very friendly and carry a happy to help attitude all the time .While i go back next week ,I will look forward to stay in ESA when i come in october back to Indy.

Special Thanks to the ESA staff Kristen for all her friendly support.

Cheers!!!
Inayath

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Everything about my stay was perfect! The staff could not have done any better, thanks so much Julie and Kirsten. Looking forward to staying with you again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of Julie and Kristen. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand locations.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

The staff here is awesome!! No matter what happens the staff and management show you that they care and help out as best as they can. It is a very comfortable environment and everyone is friendly.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Because of some less than complimentary reviews we had read about this hotel on line we were hesitant to stay here at first. We decided to take a chance because the price was right and the location was ideal for our purpose. We were very pleasantly surprised and enjoyed our stay immensely. We especially enjoyed the quiet seclusion and safety of the location.

The basic room with one queen bed was very clean, efficient and roomy and had a well-equipped kitchen. All the staff I met were very friendly and helpful. We highly recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so ask for a ground floor room if you have trouble with stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Indianapolis - North. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Comfort Inn Indianapolis North – Carmel
Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis/Carmel
Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Castleton
#124 of 186 in Indianapolis
Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465
#125 of 186 in Indianapolis
Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - West 86th St.
#127 of 186 in Indianapolis
16 mi away
Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport
#105 of 186 in Indianapolis

Been to Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel? Share your experiences!