“Truly enjoyed my stay..”

Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel
Ranked #117 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Muncie, Indiana
“Truly enjoyed my stay..”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

We booked this hotel over the phone last minute due to a wedding in Indianapolis. Rooms were very clean, the kitchenette was a plus, and their was even dishes AND a dishwasher!! Laundry in the building was nice, and the staff seemed genuine, and showed great hospitality every time we walked through the lobby area. I would definitely recommend this to my friends/family for future visits.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel, responded to this review, 21 November 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Cayuga, Indiana
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I have stayed here several times over the past year while I was attending school. After my last stay, I decided I needed to stay elsewhere.

I did not see the light until the next morning as I was getting ready to leave but the splatter on it definitely had me questioning what could have taken place in my room. See attached photo.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kandlelight
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel, responded to this review, 16 November 2012

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 17 August 2012

If you expect any customer service or the idea that the customer is always right, look elsewhere. You'll find nothing but excuses, laziness, and lack of responsibility. If you want a staff who stands around smoking out back, you'll find that. If you find value in cosmetic improvements instead of patching holes in walls, replacing delaminating wallboard from water leaks, fixing where bugs are getting in, reinsulating between floors and rooms so you can't hear the people above or beside you peeing or having sex, then come here. If you want a grassy area and parking lot littered with cigarette butts, beer cans, and trash bags, step right up. If you're not bothered by bright hallway lights coming in the 1" gap under the room doors, then stay here. The laundry room hasn't been cleaned in months and the floor, and around the tops and sides of the washers and driers is filthy. There is no sink or folding table available. If you want a manager who does not represent her "extended stay" customers' wishes to corporate, then you've found the place. If you want strangers entering the privacy of your "home" without notification, permission, or waiting for you to be home, they will certainly do that. If you want radios blasting in the parking lot, people slamming room doors and yelling down the halls with no consideration of other guests, there's plenty of that, too. Save yourself the aggrevation and look elsewhere. Room rates have been raised between $200-500/month here over the last two years so don't budget on paying your opening rate for long.

Room Tip: Half of the second floor and the third floor used to be all smoking rooms, so if you're allergic...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank M S
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel, responded to this review, 22 August 2012

Our staff strives to provide all of our guests with friendly service, clean rooms and an overall comfortable stay. I apologize if we were not able to meet these expectations during your stay. It troubles us to hear that you were affected by bright lights and that you experienced some unwanted noises throughout the night. We try very hard to minimize guest disturbances; however, some things can be out of our control. We will work harder to try to limit these occassions.

As well, our housekeeping and maintenance staff are trained to follow very strict guidelines when attending to our property, including guest's individual rooms. Managers are then expected to inspect everything, applying a seal of approval for the next guest to check in. It seems that there was a breakdown in our system and I am working with our team to ensure this type of situation does not happen again.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

My fiance and I chose this hotel because it was very reasonably priced. When we first got there we waited almost ten minutes for someone to come to the front desk so we could check in. We finally get to our room and things looked fine... Pretty clean. The beds were as hard as a rock... We both woke up with horrible back pain. The walls are so paper thin that when the guests above is woke up at 5 AM, we did as well. We heard tons of creeks and footsteps and it sounded like they were showering in our shower it was so loud. Then housekeeping would have barged right in at 10 if we didn't have the dead bolt locked. She gave us about 5 seconds to reach the door before attempting to enter. Then once we left, once again no one was at the front desk. We definitely would have paid the extra 15 bucks or so to stay at a better hotel!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Nettoe
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel, responded to this review, 14 August 2012

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that outside noise doesn't interfere with a guest's stay. Additionally, our hotels are constructed in such a way as to mitigate the noise from outside disturbances. In the event that you are disturbed by an outside event while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have.

Ardmore, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 August 2012

My family makes an annual trip to Carmel, IN. We decided to try an extended stay hotel to see if it was more family friendly. Beds were most uncomfortable. Although there was a garden apartment ambience there was no elevator and very few, if any amenties. I would not stay there again.
I thought it was bearable but my family hated it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences. As well, we offer basic amenities. Should you need anything beyond what is in the room, our Front Desk Agents have a limited supply of complimentary sundries available at your request. I apologize if we did not communicate that to you appropriately.

Norcross, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Really enjoyed my stay here, the staff really go out of their way to make your stay nice. Julie is a great manager with alot of experience in the business of hospitality. Kirsten also would go out of her way, treating every quest special. Having stay at alot of hotel in the past, WOW it's nice and refreshing to have stayed here. I know I will stay here everytime I'm in Indianapolis. Thanks guys!!!!!

Room Tip: I liked staying on the bottom floor, no stairs to navigate, plus vending, gym, and landry are locate...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Well Its been 3 months iam staying and my experience is been great .Very quiet and pleasant location and the best part of the hotel is the staff who make a greater difference .They are very friendly and carry a happy to help attitude all the time .While i go back next week ,I will look forward to stay in ESA when i come in october back to Indy.

Special Thanks to the ESA staff Kristen for all her friendly support.

Cheers!!!
Inayath

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!