“GREAT FOR QUICK OVERNIGHT ”

Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel
Ranked #116 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I traveled to indy for a quick overnight to see family. I booked through hotwire as I usually do to receive a good price. I was not to happy when I saw this was the hotel and when I saw some of the reviews I was even more upset. We arrived at the hotel and the front clerk was very pleasant and the hotel was clean. Needs updating but Ill take clean anyday. No elevator, but only 6 steps to the second floor. Walked into the room and was very suprised. Spacious and clean the w/a full kitchen. Bed was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was ok nothing special, but for the price of the hotel it was ok. All in all its a great place to stay when you need a place to crash that will be comfortable and affordable. Updates would really make this place nice. Nice quiet neighborhood with a great shopping at the fashion mall and many nice restaurants near by. Give it a try

***Things that need improvement:
Towels were hard and thin
Better Pillows
Very thin comforter on bed
Walls very thin and a lot of noise through the night, but it doesn't bother me that much

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank amjackson84

Reviewed 18 August 2014

The hotel stated non smoking 50 or more cigarette burns on carpet smells of stale cigarettes. Told the clerk the next day I was checking out early said they was aware of this I wished I would have known , I have son that has asthma I would have never stayed there.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Carpet dirty, other wise was ok, no cleaning service.
Also was overcharged without being told. Promised will be reimbursed but so far no email , nothing.The motel is other wise in a very nice location, nice amenities .

Room Tip: Just watch for what are you being charged on the credit card and also wear slippers, carpet stained...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We experienced an unusual expereince: For 3 nights we stayed in a Courtyard Marriott, then stayed at This Extended Stay. The Courtyard had more wrong than you can count but was, in its own way, very fancy. The Extended Stay was plain, simple, but clean and comfortable. The difference was $100 per night. Given the 2, I would stay at the Extended Stay any time. The only real drawback was that they had no elevators. If you had the upper floor, you had to use the stairs. But the room was clean (not fancy), the beds were comfortable, everything that one needs to spend a simple night of sleep, shower and privacy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank exauctioneer
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed at an Extended Inn for the first time. We were pleasantly surprised. It had all the comforts of home. My husband especially liked the recliner. I liked the large. Refrigerator and well furnished kitchen.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jackie M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that enjoyed the fully customized kitchen, and recliner.

Once again, thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Guests Beware! We arrived at the Extended Stay America Indianapolis North Carmel and when we opened the door to our room I literally stepped back from the overpowering chemical smell. I'm not sure if it was carpet cleaner or air freshener or what, but this smell was so toxic and overwhelming that after spending only 10-15 minutes in the room (Yes, we left and found a different hotel even though Hotwire refused to give us a refund!) the stench clung to our clothes until the next day! My son pulled his shirt out of his bag the next morning and said "I can still smell that hotel room on my shirt", and unbelievably, he was right! Yes, we only spent about 10 minutes in the room, because I am certain it would have been hazardous to our health if we would have spent the night. We actually considered sleeping in our van if we could not find vacancy elsewhere. The question is, what horrible odor was the hotel trying to cover up with such harsh cleaning chemicals? Even after leaving the windows open and the fan running for an hour while we drove around to find a different hotel, it was no less toxic upon our return. The hallways and lobby of the hotel reeked of cigarette smoke despite signs posted that it was a smoke-free facility. When I stepped into the bathroom, the soles of my shoes stuck to the floor.
I immediately reported to the front desk that the room was unacceptable, but Kristen told me they had no other alternative. Even though there a 4 other Extended Stay America branches in the Indianapolis area, she was quick to say that none of them had vacancies either, which was a lie, because I checked for myself. When I asked her to call them, she then said it was impossible to transfer us elsewhere because it was a Hotwire reservation. A refund was also only possible through Hotwire, except for the $10 upgrade fee the hotel itself charged us for a sofabed. When I called Hotwire and explained the situation, I was told that a Hot Rate booking is not refundable for the reasons I gave. Hotwire's Hot Rate is a total trap! It appears to be a trick for hotels to get rid of unacceptable rooms without leaving the customer any recourse of a change or refund. As I said, BEWARE, because apparently if a hotel has a room in which someone cooked meth or puked (or worse) on the carpet, it does not qualify you for a refund if it is a Hot Rate. Maybe that's why it is called a Hot Rate, because you're likely to get BURNED!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennifer H
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My review is based on my experiences as a long-term stay guest at this hotel. I have lived here for approximately 2 months and have been very comfortable. Room rates are reasonable and taxes are waived for guests who stay greater than 30 days. I'm currently averaging $39.99 per night on a weekly rate for a decent sized room with queen bed, desk/office area, kitchen, and bathroom. A "grab and go" breakfast is also included (coffee/tea, fruit, oatmeal, and cereal bars). If you are looking for a value this is the place.

The rooms in this hotel are slightly dated, but the hotel is located in a very quiet and safe area. In general the hotel rooms and common areas are kept very clean. All of the front desk staff are excellent (exceptional actually) and have gone out of their way to take care of my needs and make my stay comfortable. A few repairs were needed to my room when I first checked in and they were completed within 24 hours. Laundry facilities are on-site as well as vending machines.

The hotel is relatively close to many excellent restaurants, numerous car dealerships, and great shopping (Indianapolis Fashion Mall). Access to I-465 is very convenient off the Keystone Parkway.

Room Tip: I was told that rooms on the 3rd floor are held for long-term stay guests and that they are typicall...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lssomlai
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Comfort Inn Indianapolis North – Carmel
Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis/Carmel
Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Castleton
#123 of 186 in Indianapolis
Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465
#125 of 186 in Indianapolis
Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - West 86th St.
#126 of 186 in Indianapolis
16 mi away
Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport
#106 of 186 in Indianapolis

Been to Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel? Share your experiences!