“Unexpected Change”

Ranked #82 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Fairfield, Iowa
“Unexpected Change”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I had booked a room for the Spring Hill Suites and when we arrived, our room was no longer available. Someone had chosen to stay an extra night and we were bumped out. The Spring Hill made accommodations for my family at the very nearby Residence Inn where we inherited a two queen sweet with fireplace and full kitchen. All at no cost! This was a blessing! And a treat for my large family.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Steve G, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Fishers, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear your experiecnce was nice and the overall outcome worked well. Your feedback is truly appreciated and will be shared with the staff. Please let us know next time you are coming to the area so we can continue to be of service.
Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Louisville
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the added convenience of the kitchenette. The room was clean and well maintained. I was most pleased with the honesty of the staff and management. I left an item of much value in the room. It was turned into the lost and found. The manager went to great lengths to identify its owner and contacted me. My item was shipped to me in perfect condition. That says a lot about the character of the individuals working there. I am very appreciative of their genuine honesty!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Mdoodl
Steve G, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Fishers, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad that we were able to come across and return your lost items. Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you next time you're in the Indianapolis/Fishers area.

Most Sincerely,
Chicago
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The room was spacious and clean. The staff was also very friendly. I'm not sure if all the rooms have a kitchen but it was definitely convenient. It's located by the highway and is very easy to get everywhere. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014
Steve G, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Fishers, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you had a great stay. Your feedback will be shared with our staff this week.

Thank you so much for choosing the Residence Inn Indianapolis Fishers, and we hope to see you again.

Most thankfully,
Lebanon, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I usually stay at a different hotel brand when I come to Indy(I come often). I've never experienced any issue like this with the other brand.
I booked this hotel about 3 weeks in advance of my stay. I arrived about an hour before official check in. The desk clerk told me they didn't have any rooms because they had overbooked the hotel. He offered to give me reward points(he didn't say how much) and told me I could go to one of the other hotels under the brand nearby. Having never had an issue like this at any other hotel EVER, I went across the street to a different brand and luckily was able to get a room. I won't be going back to the Residence. Apparently, reservation to them means whatever hotel they feel like moving you to. It was inconvenient and in my opinion unacceptable.

• Stayed February 2014
Steve G, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Fishers, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with the Residence Inn Indianapolis Fishers. Our hotel seeks to honor all reservations, unfortunately circumstances sometimes arise which force us to relocate a guest to another branded property. Residence Inn Indianapolis-Fishers guarantees all reservations, and if for some reason we are not able to honor our guarantee we will ensure arrangements are made of equal or greater value. We do apologize for the inconvenience, but trust you enjoyed your stay in the Indianapolis-Fishers area.

Please feel free to contact the hotel directly if you have any further questions or concerns.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Typical Residence Inn establishment. Friendly even when check in was 1:30am. Very clean rooms and a 1 night stay for business. You will not be disappointed. Breakfast room area a little smaller than other locations but worked for me as I am usually up to work 6:30am.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Steve G, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Fishers, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, your feedback is greatly appreciated. Should you return to the Indianapolis Fishers area, we'd love to have you back.

Richmond, Indiana
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I had a truly extraordinary stay at this hotel. I arrived after dropping off our dog for emergency surgery at the nearby veterinary hospital and was a wreck. I wanted to find a pet-friendly hotel in case our dog was released after the surgery. I was greeted by a wonderfully warm, compassionate woman named Jasmine who took very good care of me. She gave me a promotional rate and found me a room on the first floor (I wasn't sure what our dog would do on an elevator) close to the exterior door closest to the dog walking area. I've never stayed at a Residence Inn before, and I was bowled over. The room was spacious, comfortable and beautiful, with a great variety of bed pillows (something I always appreciate) and free wi-fi. The fact that the hotel served a complimentary dinner was an unexpected bonus. It was not a lavish spread of food, but the meal was as good or better than what I would have made at home -- great-tasting chili, French bread, salad, fresh-baked cookies, and even a glass of wine. The cook, a very sweet woman named Inga, stopped by to offer more food and refill my wine glass. Breakfast was great -- oatmeal, scrambled eggs, red potato wedges, breakfast burritos, yogurt, and fruit (including canteloupe). I had a lovely conversation with a young family who have been there a while. They've stayed at other Residence Inns (they travel for the husband's job) and he said this Residence Inn is one of the nicer ones. I don't stay in Indianapolis often, but this is my new favorite place. And hopefully when I stay again, Jasmine will be there -- or she'll be in charge of training so that if someone else greets me, I'll feel as welcome as she made me feel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Steve G, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Fishers, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thank you so much for the review, we are greatly appreciative of your time and kind words. I am so glad you stayed with us as I knew you'd be taken care of with warm arms when you arrived. We wish you the very best in the new year, and if you ever get a chance to stop by, you're always welcome.
All the best,
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Coming from someone who travels all over the country 2-3 weeks a month, life on the road is anything but glamorous. So it's crucial for me to stay someplace that is as "home-like" as possible. This hotel was that and more. From the amazing reception of Jasmine checking me in, to the wonderful nightly social hosted by a very sweet Inge, I felt so comfortable and at ease in this hotel. Every single employee there seemed 100 percent genuine, happy, and were VERY helpful. If you're in the Indy area and want to go someplace that's personable and enjoyable, you should check this place out. The room was great. I had a two bedroom suite with a pull out couch and fireplace. The fireplace added that nice touch of a "homey" feeling and (as is the case with all residence inn's) the additional space made me not feel like I was in a jail cell. The evening social and breakfasts were great. If you're expecting to dine on a five star meal, then you'll be disappointed but for those of us who live in reality and travel for a living, you will find it most enjoyable. Over all I have zero complaints about this place and plan to make this my new Indy-area hotel. One thing to note, if you have allergies to animals, they do allow pets there. This was not an issue for me, but some may find this info helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! What great feedback, and how wonderful it is when guests mention the service of our staff. Your review will be shared with the team here and we look forward to having you back on your next return.

Thank you so much for choosing the Residence Inn Indianapolis FIshers!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Fishers
Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Fishers
Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Northeast / Fishers
Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers
Holiday Inn Express Fishers
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Indianapolis

Been to Residence Inn Indianapolis Fishers? Share your experiences!