“Lady at check in was very RUDE!”

Super 8 Indianapolis/NE/Castleton Area
Ranked #147 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Shelbyville, Indiana
“Lady at check in was very RUDE!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

We had to stay cause a family emergency and it was near the Community Hospital! We came to check in a older lady was on the phone yelling! She was rude! So I explained That she was not talking to us that way! Walked out! We worked night shift them my grandpa had a heat attack! I was tired and wanted to be close! A man came out apologized offered a discount before we made it out to the truck! She was then yelling at her co worker then said yeah the two that walked out is back to the people on the phone! Then yelling at the guy over the discount and he was using a calculator she kept yelling numbers at him! He explained he knew what he was doing! She said she was walking out and yelling more! She told us she was about to walk out! Never would I expect someone doing that in front of customers! Well the room was pretty nice! The bathroom light had issues! Gum on the nightstand!Toilet was hard to flush! The guy in the next room smoked outside and threw his cigarette butts everywhere on the balcony! Also talked loudly on his phone! For a non smoking hotel I expected smoking to be at least 8 feet away from our door! I guess they don't follow Indiana new smoking ban either! I feel they need to restaff! The man who apologized and offered the discount did a great job! I feel bad for him! I wouldn't want to work with her acting like that! She made the whole hotel look horrible with her attitude!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Newark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

OK stay, we have stayed @ other Super8's before, with no problems. This stay had some room issues but the staff quickly resolved them. (1st room- ice cold, bathroom & kitchenette was only lights working- so sent to another room, heat was blarring but cooled down after a while.) told 4 different room#'s but only saw 2 of them, which were across from each other so NO biggie. Over time any mattress will breakdown & need replaced which the room we finally ended up in needs to have new mattresses. All in all, me & my family had a good time, only there for 1 night for a wedding.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family