“hire decenct employees”

Super 8 Indianapolis/NE/Castleton Area
Ranked #152 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 4 March 2014

great first night. horrible after that. no cleaning whatsoever. had to go to front desk for fresh towels, etc

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Phillip B

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Great location, clean room, curtious staff and the suite was huge. It was about 3 to 5 minutes to great shopping and nice restaurants and it was right off the interstate. The room i was in had a fridge and a microwave and a seperate front room with a pull out couch .

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed here on January 23rd in the midst of the Polar Vortex. The price I paid was high for what the hotel delivered.

My room was on the ground floor in building 2. The heat was not turned on when I arrived and it felt like it was less than 50 degrees in the room. I turned on the two heaters and it took until 4am for the room to warm up to be somewhat comfortable. Even the bed was ice cold so I slept with my clothes on.under the covers.

I complained the next morning and the guys at the front desk sort of nodded and shrugged but offered nothing to adjust the cost of my stay which was around $75 as I recall.

Their 'breakfast' was pretty poor as other reviewers have stated as well as the overall conditions of the rooms and the property. It's feeling run down and needs help!

Would stay here again? No. Would I stay here again if I was in desperate need of a room? Maybe, but I'd look for something else first.

Room Tip: Get a room at another motel/hotel!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I booked this hotel online for 5 (which the Super8 website says it can handle).
Arriving at the hotel, we were told they do not even OWN any rollaway beds. At this point, I wonder how you can call these 5-person rooms?
We were in the midst of a blizzard, so we had to stay. We were offered no way to accomodate the 5th person, so we asked for additional blankets and I spent the night ON THE FLOOR.
The other reviews are correct that the hotel is showing it's age and the breakfast is very, very light in selection. Those things can be overlooked for the price.
What cannot be overlooked is that their rooms can NOT accomodate 5, that the hotel staff did nothing to help and that Super8 has not even replied to my subsequent complaint.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2014

All the staff was very very nice. Our power had went out because of blizzard 2014. They were understandable and extended our check out time..just very appreciative of their service. No other hotels we're willing to work with us the way they did. Will be back soon!! Thank you all!

• Stayed: January 2014