“Non-restful Stay” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Indianapolis/NE/Castleton Area

Super 8 Indianapolis/NE/Castleton Area
Ranked #147 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Vevay
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. The only plus is that it is quiet. Everything here from carpet to ceiling is ragged, outdated, unkept and filthy. The cleaning crew hangs out every morning in the breakfast area for the guest talking about getting drunk the night before on left over alcohol from rooms they were cleaning, which I thought was very unprofessional. The computer didn;t work upon check in and had to wait till check out to get our paperwork. Will never stay here again nor recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Grand Haven, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

We had stayed at a higher class hotel for a one night stay in Indianapolis and decided to stay in Indiana for a second night, due to lack of sleep and a sudden snow storm that we didn't feel safe driving in. Needless to say, we paid $78 for a "King suite" room.
We knew were weren't going to get a classy place and I just wanted a cheap place to sleep, I'm sure there were better in the area (for the same price or cheaper) but we didn't bother looking around.

First impressions weren't the best when we got into the parking lot but we decided to go on ahead and see how bad it would be.

The stairs were rusty and a few steps were loose.
Before we even got in the door, we could smell marijuanna coming from the room next to ours, and these rooms are supposed to be non smoking!
We opened our door and could still smell that horrible stench in our room but talked ourselves into suffering through it.

The wash cloth had a stain on it and the whole room just felt dirty with random stains on the tv stand/dresser.

We cringed as we sat on our uncomfortable bed and turned our dinosaur of a tv on. A few minutes in to our tv watching, we got a knock at our door from some guy with money in hand, (drug dealing?) asking for some other guy and we were appalled.

That was our breaking point, we spent not even 10 minutes here and wanted our money back ASAP.

The only good thing about this place is that the manager was very nice and understanding. I felt bad as I've never had the urge to leave a place so quickly and hate dealing with refunds, but we didn't feel safe at all.

Do your research in the area!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jessica D
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

we loved it it was very affordable in a high end area we had a king suite it was very roomy the staff were great and it even had breakfast it was kind of limited but sufficient juice and waffles ect. i thought the staff was really helpful and it was close to the mall and lots of restaurant.

Room Tip: the suites are the best nt much more than the regular room but so much bigger
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I'm writting this review bexause I have stayed at many hotels in the indy area with my work we travel a-lot.

This hotel is one of the best service hotels I have ever stayed at in years.

There pricing very fair plus the rooms are very cosey and clean..

Each time I call the front desk or come in to the front office I'm welcomed with the most kind words plus they make sure that the questions I have are answered to the best.

I'm very proud to have finaly found a hotel I could call home if needed be.

Thank you very Much Super 8 and staff for making me feel at home...

This francise is a real leader in what a francise should be like.... A MUST STAY TO BELIEVE this is real in Indy.

David S.

Room Tip: There rooms are all cosey and clean stayed in many sofar.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business