Super 8 Indianapolis/NE/Castleton Area
Very Good 4/5
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I had asked for a different room but got the one I had last year. In the 4 nights I stayed there, I did not see any activity in the original room I requested.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The place was clean and there was a huge pond behind the property that was great for fishing. My only issue was the morning of the second day there was no water in the shower. Not sure what happened but there was cold water in the sink but nothing in the shower. I did get some money credit back to me which in my opinion is good customer service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have stayed in a fair number of Super 8's. Their quality varies from quite nice to quite run down. I would rate this property as middle-of-the-road for this chain....clean and well maintained, but getting a bit tired inside with furniture and fixtures showing a fair bit of traffic.
The hotel employee, a young woman on the front desk was very pleasant and efficient. Checkin and checkout went fine.
The issue in this hotel is security. The property consists of several buildings not connected to each other. The buildings not connected to the main office have fairly dark parking lots with external entrances to each room, and external stairways to the upper floor. At night, the entire property is quite dark. We encountered people in the parking lot who should not have been there, who were clearly casing guests' parked cars. Two young women occupied the next room, had the door propped open on our arrival. Cars came and went over the evening with people visiting these women.
The hotel employee on the front desk is in a locked enclosure with no view of the parking lot or the traffic in and out and the outbuildings are away from the street, so likely not patrolled by the police.
In the end, we did not have any difficulty but it was a very uneasy feeling staying here. I will not be using this particular Super 8 again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front building, facing the main street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I came down here to Indy unexpectedly because I have a very I'll mom in Iu hospital all motels were booked and then I called super 8 they had one single RM left and held it for me till I could get there not knowing how long i needed the RM they were very caring and making myastay pwrfect . There front desk clerk Ashley was absolutely amazing and I appreciate all she done for me. Great job and it a wonderful place to stay if ur in the area

• Stayed: May 2014