“A good place to stay in Castleton”

Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Castleton
Ranked #110 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Canton, Michigan
“A good place to stay in Castleton”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I stayed here for several days and found it to be a very decent Extended Stay. The room was comfortable and the staff very pleasant, expecially Mecka at the front desk. There was a Golden Corral across the street and a Walgreen and Kroger within 2 miles.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Castleton, responded to this review, 30 April 2013

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Detroit,Michigan
Reviewed 11 December 2012

It's great to be able to cook you own meals at the end of a long day, and be in a well taken care of room that totally relaxes you, to be able to watch a premium cable channel without spending a dime, very cool.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Castleton, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Indianapolis - Castleton. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Cayuga, Indiana
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel while I was attending a training seminar in Indianapolis. I had absolutely NO complaints whatsoever! Extremely quiet area, you get discount coupons to the Golden Corral restaurant that is right next door. I had a great nights sleep and everything was extremely clean and well maintained.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kandlelight
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Castleton, responded to this review, 16 November 2012

Kentucky
Reviewed 10 June 2012 via mobile

It's an Extended Stay, meaning that it's a hotel for those who need an inexpensive place to stay with few of the frills and amenities of some of the higher end chains. And, in that, it does its job we'll.

The hotel is located on the northeast side of Indy, just off of the 82nd exit from I-69. The area is well-lit and seems reasonably safe. Directly across the parking lot is a Golden Corral which does serve breakfast - an important point because while the hotel does have coffee in the lobby, that's all they have available.

The rooms are equipped with a bed, table + chair and desk + chair, as well as a reclining chair. The closet is simply a portion of the room walled off with two rack shelves, an ironing board and an iron. There's a kitchen area with full refrigerator / freezer, cabinets, electric range and sink.

The bed has a very firm mattress and very flat pillows, so you may want to bring your own along if you need more neck support.

The hotel offers no ice machine, but there are ice trays in the freezer.

Also - and this is our actual experience - if you arrive late enough (we arrived a little before midnight) you'll be greeted and checked in by the laundry lady since the desk closes. You'll also get a chance to say hello to the departing prostitutes, Who were leaving for the night as we arrived.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank theAmishWanderer
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Castleton, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Indianapolis - Castleton.  Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory.  Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I am eager to respond to your concerns regarding our hotel amenities.  It is our mission to provide a clean, comfortable room at a great rate for business and leisure travelers.  To that end, we don't put items like shampoo bottles, shower caps, or face lotions within a room prior to a guest's arrival.  That's because although these things are perceived as being "free" at other hotels, you still end up paying for them in your nightly rate.  However, given our commitment to your satisfaction, we do have a limited supply of complimentary sundries available upon request at the front desk.  Doing business this way allows us to continue to offer great rooms at exceptional rates.  I am truly sorry that we were unable to communicate our offering effectively to you before you arrived.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better.  Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day.  Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.  I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Quartzsite, Arizona
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We travel all over the country as truck drivers and have stayed in several motels in the process. We have encountered hundreds of people working with the public in motels, restaurants, etc. That have no business being in that capacity and would have been fired back when mgrs and business owners had the balls to run their businesses the way they needed to be. However, i have never encountered a more public relations oriented staff. Each and every member of this hotels staff went out of there way to make our stay pleasant. They were incredibly pleasant and friendly in the process. I told my fiance i felt like we were in some parallel universe. We were supposed to be there for 1 night paid for by our company while our truck was in the shop and then go home for 5 days. After we got in our room we both decided to just take our time off there and paid for 6 more nights out of our own pocket. Of course our company's rate made that easier but we still paid for it. Randy Lehnhoff

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank randyl42
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Indianapolis - Castleton. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Hamilton, ON
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Generally speaking, Extended Stay America properties are usually pretty good for the money, unfortunately, their Castleton, IN property is quite a dissapointment. It's by no means terrible, but there were a few things that made me really annoyed during my brief, one-night, stay.

For one, the AC unit in the room leaked all over the carpet. it leaked so much that the carpet surrounding one side of the bed actually "squished" when you walked on it. Not pleasent. The furniture was old, worn out, and pretty disgusting. My travelling partner wouldn't even sit on the desk chair. The bathroom was the same way.

I stay in all types of motels/hotels when I travel, and it takes a lot for me to mention the cleanliness of a property. Read my other reviews if you don't believe me. But this place, really was quite tired, dirty, and poor.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 30 July 2011

It's not the fanciest place, so if you're used to the Sheraton or Marriott then you might not be comfortable, but it gets the job done. Really decent price and basically everything you need for an extended stay. The kitchen is alright, all it's missing is an oven, it has two burners which get the job done when you need it and they provide you with a few pans, plates, silverware, and cutting board. I'd advise getting some dish soap and perhaps a dish brush if you plan on doing any cooking so you can wash your dishes. My biggest complaint is that there are hardly any channels on the TV, and the internet for which they charge a one time fee of $5 is very slow. But they have Showtime. I would recommend staying on the first floor because the rooms are slightly updated, some of them have plat panel tvs while the rest have the old tubes.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business