“Great Value”

Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone
Ranked #27 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stayed here to celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary. The front desk was ver kind and efficient. Our room was clean and large. Our only complaint was that the bathroom door wouldn't shut. It overlapped at the top about 1/2 inch. It wasn't a problem for us, but if you were travelling with a friend, it could be a problem.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Thanks so much for your input. I hope you had a great anniversary and please accept my congratulations.

Regardless, I will definitely get your bathroom door issue repaired. I apologize for that obviously embarrassing maintenance oversight.

I hope you and your spouse's 28th year of marriage is by far the best yet! Give me a hollar on next year's anniversary...we'll definitely take care of you.

Thanks again for your positive comments,

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I've stayed at a Hyatt Place before in Atlanta and I have to say this one wasn't up to par. The A/C in our room was odd. At times it worked, at times it didn't. The WiFi was spotty - honestly Starbucks' WiFi was better - and it took a good ten minutes for the water in the shower to warm up. The free breakfast is pretty mediocre unless you special order something, but if you're in a hurry forget that. On the plus side they did accommodate our room request, and it's fairly quiet compared to most hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-connecting room on a high floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank romancewriter_tara

I'm so sorry that your recent visit to my hotel didn't meet and/or exceed your expectations.

I could easily offer up numerous reasons for your displeasure(s) listed, but what would be the purpose?

It's our job as a hotel and staff to do things right the first time; to ensure we surmount any and all possible problems and/or inconveniences (both foreseen and unforeseen); and to always stick to the basics...making people happy.

My staff and I failed and I apologize. Please know that we are a very motivated group of hoteliers (each and every one of us), and that it will never re-occur.

Thanks so very much for your feedback and I can't thank you enough for helping me improve my hotel. I apologize again for your unfortunate experience and my unconventional response. Regardless, responses like yours (no matter how deeply appreciated) absolutely break my heart and we'll fix it...we have to...that's what we're here for.

Thanks,

Reviewed 8 April 2012

The hotel was nice in itself, BUT the breakfast was below average, not a wide variety (not even eggs ir pancakes, orange juice was watery,.... the room was nice. The staff was friendly. The day we were leaving i get a call from my credit card company reporting activity that was unusual. MY CAR WAS BROKEN INTO IN THE NIGHT! AT THE HOTEL! of course they DO NOT have cameras! What kind of a hotel doesn't have security cameras! So we drove 3 hours home without a window and i was out all my money in my purse and the purse itself! what a terrible experience. They said they have a security guard,... guess he isn't that good.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Melissa C
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. I am happy to see that our hotel assisted you in every way to report the theft to the appropriate parties. We certainly understand your concerns and the frustration you had replacing your items. Please know that we make the safety and security of our guest’s a top priority. We hope you’ll consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Pretty standard for the Hyatt Place Brand which in general I think represents a good value for a mid priced hotel. Like most it is modern in its layout and styling. Right now there is construction going on that makes it a little inconvenient but, for me this is a half step up from the mid priced competition of Hampton, Holiday Inn Select and Courtyard. Breakfasts are not the best and Hyatt must have a corporate deal with Pepsi but, you get a nice room , nice pillows and usually upgraded TVs and content.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Kawhona:

Thanks for your comments and feedback. I truly value your opinion and constantly seek input to help hone what we have to improve and where we need to concentrate the largest focus.

I realize that your overall impression sort-of seemed "OK"...which isn't quite up to my or the rest of my team's standards and it just means we've got to work harder. Improvements need to be made in service, in product, in what we're offering the guest and in capital improvements...and please be assured...THEY ARE.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I was in town for business, and stayed at the Hyatt Place on the north side of Indianapolis. The hotel is clean and usually very busy during the week. 1st if you stay at this hotel avoid the north sided of the building as the traffic noise is horrific form I-465. Also avoid rooms adjoining the elevator, no so quiet.

Lastly don't count on the internet in your room is spotty at best. I've stayed in this hotel 5 times in the past 4 years... plan on going to restaurant or Star buck to get access.

Room Tip: Get a room with and odd number - opposite the freeway.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Thanks very much for your feedback and input. I truly appreciate it and will use it to improve our operation for all future guests. I'm extremely sorry for the internet issues you had to experience while at my hotel and wanted you to know that action has been taken to ensure we stay on top of this and don't have repeats of problems.

Normally, our wireless high-speed internet system is slowed by one of two things:

1) Someone abusing the system & taking up too much bandwidth
2) One or a number of wireless access points being "down" or not working properly

Please know that we have devised a set schedule to test the hotels bandwidth and operation at regular intervals, so we can take proactive action and ensure the network is working the way it should and all of our guests' experiences are positive.

Again, I'm extremely sorry for the situation that occurred, and please feel free to contact me personally to discuss at any time, most convenient for you.

Thanks,

Reviewed 28 January 2012

Location is Northwest of downtown - customer service experience at check-in was excellent. Arrived on a rainy\slushy eve and the check-in was quick and the host pleasant and helpful. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We stay at this location every year on Thankgiving evening. It is a great location and close to all the great shopping. Rooms clean and staff was super friendly!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family