“Goldcard Member”

Ranked #26 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Goldcard Member”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I've stayed at The Hyatt Place at Keystone at the Crossing 4 times in the last 2 years. I've not had any bad stays.I used to be a Marriott fan, but haven't stayed with them since discovering Hyatt Place. PARKING is FREE and CLOSE to entrance. ROOMS are SPACIOUS and COMFORTABLE with convenient ammenities such as FRIDGE, FLAT SCREEN, COFFEE. I've never paid attention to whether my room was on the North or South sides, but it has always been QUIET. I've never been interrupted by housekeeping. They ALWAYS RESPECT the Do Not Disturb sign. Twice, I've ordered the HOT BREAKFAST instead of the continental and it was SATISFACTORY. Didn't mind the price since I get reward points for every dollar spent. Bathroom is small, but not a complaint for me as I always stay alone. The ONLY thing I wish this place had was an indoor pool or hot tub. 2 of my 4 stays were in the winter, so an outdoor pool is useless around then. HOWEVER, the hotel does offer access to the fitness gym nearby which offers FREE HOT TUB/POOL ACCESS TO HYATT GUESTS. I've never used the service though, but plan to when I return this fall/winter.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, 4 November 2012
Thanks so much for your positive comments and encouraging feedback. The entire staff and I genuinely base all of our plans and actions around guest satisfaction. Each and every one of us...share the same goal...to exceed our guests' expectations.

Thanks again for your motivating words. They'll definitely be shared and celebrated.

Tim Whitehead

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 28 October 2012 via mobile

If you have stayed in a Hayat place before this us what you would expect.

Cons- it sits near the interstate and that can interrupt your search for a zen state.

Very small bathrooms.

Air conditioner is noisy and creates humidity. ( ours was tempormental. Too hot then too cold and then loud when we were sleeping.)

Pros- good location

Very clean

Well thought out breakfast that thankfully isn't waffles and toast. Real silverware and plates!

Modern and calming decor.

Friendly staff, helpful but not obtrusive.

No major problems. Clean, comfortable and exactly what you expect from the chain.

• Stayed October 2012
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
Thanks so much for your review. I really appreciate your feedback and always utilize any and all information I can...to better improve the hotel and its offerings. I apologize about the temperature controls, size of bathrooms and highway proximity. Please believe me, when I say that we're working on solutions to any and all weaknesses we may display. It is my mission in life...to ensure 100% guest satisfaction!

Thanks again for your input. It is very much appreciated and always helpful.

Most sincerely,
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a night and was delighted! Hyatt Place is now my go-to business lodging, replacing the Hampton/Hilton Garden. The general manager emailed me BEFORE I arrived to let me know he was available for special requests. Nice touch! Warm brownies awaited guests when they checked in. The room featured a giant flat screen, nice king bed that was comfortable, and all the makings of a fine room. It was nicer than most. Definitely stay here. A little request; the Eco toilet paper is crap (pardon the pun). It serves an portent purpose but comes up lacking (tmi....but watch out ladies). Other than that, excellent.

• Stayed September 2012
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Thanks so very much for your encouraging review. I, and the rest of the staff, appreciate the comments immensely. I will bring your toilet paper recommendation to the attention of our brand managers. And I totally agree w/ you regarding its importance! :)

Thanks again,

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed 17 September 2012 via mobile

What a refreshing change from the norm of Internet charges and parking fees. The room was spacious and the area great for shopping and restaurants. My only knock was the absence of room service. There was a small cafe downstairs with some snacks and light sandwiches.

• Stayed September 2012
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
Thanks so much for the positive comments and encouraging words. My staff and I, judge our guests' opinions and feedback as the ultimate litmus test on how we're doing and rightfully consider nothing as important, than what our guests think.

We all appreciate the kind review and hope to see you again very soon.

Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I attended a conference with about 50 colleagues, and the organizer selected the Hyatt Place at Keystone Crossing for the group's stay. This group had stayed at other Hyatt Place hotels for previous conferences, so we (and I) knew what to expect. Like the other Hyatt Place hotels where I have stayed, this one is clean, well staffed and comfortable.

I shared a double room with a colleague. In addition to the two beds, there was a large couch (with sleeper bed inside), a desk, and a mini-bar area with a small sink and refrigerator. The couch area was convenient for other to visit and talk. The bathroom sink is outside the toilet/tub room, which was convenient for the two of us.

There is a large TV in the room. While we didn't watch much TV, one feature of the Hyatt Place hotels is a connection panel to attach a computer or other device to the TV. In previous stays, I have used these connections to share videos and other media.

There is free Wi-fi in the hotel. I accessed a streaming video feed a few times, and it was able to keep up.

The hotel includes breakfast. It was great having fruit, yogurt, cereal and two kinds of breakfast sandwiches available. This is much better than a loaf of bread and toaster like some hotels offer. It actually tasted good.

The hotel has two conference rooms. The smaller one is rather small. It would hold a table and maybe 12 people before it got cramped. The larger room was also smaller than other Hyatt Place conference rooms I have seen. The hotel literature says the room can accommodate six tables of eight people. No way. We had 45 chairs set up theater style and it was tight.

The hotel is near the Fashion Mall at Keystone Crossing. There are lots restaurants in the immediate area, but if you don't have a car, be ready to walk. The closest restaurant is 0.5 miles from the front door. It's an easy walk if you are able. There are many more shopping and eating areas with a few miles as well.

I like the Hyatt Place hotels in general, and this one did not disappoint. I gave this hotel a 4 only because I reserve a full 5 for truly outstanding experiences. I would stay here again. (CS)

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side face the highway. Ask for south side if traffic noise bothers you.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Thanks so much for your informative, intelligent and thoughtful review. We all genuinely appreciate your positive comments and encouraging insight.

Maybe next time we'll get that "5 out of 5"!

It's definitely what we're working toward, what we aspire to, and where we'll eventually be.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon,

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I try to stay at a Hyatt Place whenever I can, there are two near Indianapolis and this one is by far the better choice. There are so many great restaurants near by the other location you have to drive a bit to find something decent. I like Hyatt Place even more now that they have upgraded their breakfast options, there is always a sandwich choice and waffles, this is a big step up. I did notice the bathroom in my room was getting a little worn and could use to be updated. I'm sure I'll be back next time I'm in town.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Thanks for your positive comments.

Please know that we're currently, laboriously, focusing significant resources on ensuring our bathrooms don't detract from the rest of the room. This is an on-going initiative and I assure you, we'll be complete soon (and moving on to a new thing to improve).

I appreciate your feedback and please know that it's both deeply internalized and immediately acted upon.

Thanks very much,
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Hyatt Place was a clean, updated hotel, with good Highway access, but in the back 50 of a business parking lot. Lots of shopping and Restaurants within walking distance or a quick drive. Pool is decent although kinda right in the parking lot. Fitness room was better than average. WiFi intermittent. Friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank bjgdb8
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, 18 August 2012
I'm sorry that your hotel experience was average, at best. To the entire hotel staff, that's indeed, utter failure...as we do nothing less than strive to exceed anyone's and everyone's hotel experience expectations.

I'm sorry you found our location disconcerting and our pool location questionable. I wish I could do something about that....but unfortunately, there are certain things out of our control. I can tell you that I am searching for possible landscaping solutions to make our swimming pool more inviting, aesthetic and appealing.

Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again,