“Unexpected Delight”

Ranked #26 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
California
“Unexpected Delight”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I arrived for a business trip on a Saturday night to see 5 teams of soccer players running throughout the parking lot and hotel lobby. I was really worried I would have a noisy evening but was pleasantly surprised when I didn't. I had asked for a room based on previous reviews on the side facing the parking lot, not the freeway, and was not disappointed. I kept the heater on so the fan noise kept what little noise there was out, but it was really quiet regardless. There were some issues though during my 5 night stay. The first, the 24 hour dinner service choices. My co-worker and I ordered salads which were supposed to have cranberries and artichokes. It had neither. It had raisins instead. It was tasty but not what was advertised. My second issue had to do with the hard mattress. Next was with housekeeping. They did a great job, however, I came back to the room on two occasions after getting out of work early at 3 p.m. and they still hadn't managed to clean it yet. And lastly, although the breakfast was good, it was same thing every day. Egg and bacon sandwiches and french toast can get a little old. I did really enjoy my stay there regardless of these issues and would highly recommend it and definitely would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank rrqueen
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for your comments...and in the future (I'm just thinking out loud now)...if there's anything you'd personally prefer for breakfast...just please reach-out to any staff member and we'll make it happen.

As always, our #1 focus and commitment is our guests' experiences. Above all and nothing else.

Thanks,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed in this hotel for our trip to Indy over the past weekend. This place knows what great service means. It is difficult to find places that provide great service but this place knows how to do it. A few days before we arrived we received an email from the manager asking if we need anything in our rooms to help with our stay. We explained that we would have a baby in our room and would need a place for them to sleep if they had anything. When we arrived at the hotel there was a crib setup for us in our room. We also asked if they had a microwave that would be available which they did also.

The only negative I had with this hotel was the first day we were there during breakfast. While we were at the hotel there was a youth soccer team staying at the hotel. During breakfast all the players for the soccer team came down to eat breakfast and took all the seats to eat. This really was no big deal because there was another room where we were able to do. Only to find out that the soccer team had that room reserved as well and we were kicked out of there after a short period of time.

I understand that the soccer teams were guests as well and they had just as much right to the facility as we did, but if the soccer team was going to use that room for their meeting then that is probably where they should have been required to eat in their reserved room so the rest of the seats were available for the other guests.

Overall this hotel was incredible.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Eric H
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thanks for your response and great rating.

I understand your frustration w/ the soccer teams and their occupation of all of the Gallery breakfast seating...and I'm sorry that the timing didn't work out for you to be better accommodated.

Please know that we sincerely do everything we can to make sure that the experiences of "non-group" guests are hopefully as perfect as those of "youth sports groups" (for example).

We'll continue to work on implementing creative ways to show proper hospitality to EVERYONE.

Columbus, OH
Reviewed 28 September 2013

If you have a room (odd numbered) away from the highway, then it's peaceful. However, the rooms facing the highway have a lot of road noise. The rooms have a large couch in them as well as a desk, which makes it nice for conversation. The tv swivels so you can watch from the bed or couch. The breakfast is nice and there are complimentary USA today as well as Wall Street Journals. You can borrow a yoga mat and weights, as well as a curling iron and a steamer and more. Sadly, the toilet/shower area is small and you need to walk past the toilet and turn your body sideways to shut the door. The rates were very reasonable.

Room Tip: Odd numbered room (those are away from the highway)
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Thank you sincerely, for your positive review and comments.

In addition, I want to express my gratitude for you mentioning our "Borrows" program which enables guests to borrow a number of items they may have forgotten in their travels...like yoga mats, steamers, high-powered hair-dryers, etc.

midway
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This hotel is awesome. Very well taken care of. Very clean. Great location. Walking distance from the mall. Staff is very friendly and goes the extra step to take care of you. We were very impressed and will definitely be returning next year.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
I want to state my immense gratitude for your positive review and awesome comments.

And we're holding you to returning next year :-).

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This Hyatt Place was in a great location, walking distance from the Fashion Mall at Keystone, as well as right near I-465. My stay was consistent with other Hyatt Place stays: very friendly staff, clean room, and feeling very comfortable during my entire stay. I commented that this is my favorite hotel chain because it is always consistent. My only small complaint is that the bathroom in our room was extremely small, but doable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you very much for your positive comments.

Regarding the bathroom(s)...I totally agree w/ you, and please be assured that they will be addressed during our next round of renovations (which should happen in the upcoming year or two).

Thanks again.
Lake Nebagamon, Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this Hyatt Place. Is very typical of other Hyatt Places in the décor and room setup. Beds were comfortable, rooms large and well appointed with coffee maker and tea for the morning. Sofa sleeper was perfect for the 5th member of the family. Breakfast was good, and the coffee was even better. Very close to restaurants and shopping. Hotel is just off a freeway, but is not noisy at all.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thanks for your great experience details and illustrative descriptions. I too, concur w/ you, in that although we're located relatively close to I-465, the noise has never been noticeable and isn't by most people.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you sometime in the future :-)!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Very convenient location near Carmel,Castleton, etc. hotel was very clean, room on raking lot side was quiet. Worked fine for a business weekend trip. Walking distance to a fabulous mall and lots of restaurants. Loved the brownies on the counter in the evening. Decent breakfast buffet.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Thanks very much for your review & score. In addition, I appreciate you describing our location and its offerings.

I oftentimes get so wrapped-up w/ what's going on inside the hotel...I forget all that there's to do in the immediate area.

Geez...I gotta get out more :-).