“A dump!”

Indianapolis Conference Center Hotel
Ranked #110 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This hotel is VERY run down and in a horrible location! Our room was falling apart and smaller than most rooms I have had in NYC! Our bathroom door had an enormous hole in it. The window screen had a hole the size of a baseball. There were cracks in the wall up near the ceiling. It smelled musty and of old cigarettes. The bathroom is so tiny you almost need to climb in the tub just to close the bathroom door. The bed felt like a taco and I was the meat as the middle sank way down and formed a valley. Since it is owned by the same people as the Marriott next door, all the guests from the convention were allowed to eat breakfast for free making for a crowded breakfast area. The food was horrendous! I would rather spend the money to eat out than eat there. All in all, a terrible experience! I would not recommend to anyone, nor would I return!

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The LaQuinta east is an excellent place to stay. I researched motels in the immediate area and found this property offered the best value for the money. The room was large and well furnished, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the locatuin was very convenient for my purposes. The only negative was the quality of pastries in the breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel was awkwardly laid out. It was difficult to find the entrance/lobby. It was un kept and run down. It smelled of mildew. The housekeepers could not understand any of our requests because they did not speak English. So if we needed things we had to go to the front desk. Because it was so run down, we didn't even try the breakfast. We just went out. The walls must be very thin because you could hear everything being said out n the halls as people walked by. Therefore, it was hard to sleep.

1  Thank Tina S
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is an older La Quinta, but it is updated and very well maintained. Front desk staff both in the evening and the following morning were exceptionally helpful and welcoming. The hotel has an interior courtyard which is a great place to let your dog wander around. It also has a few sets of round tables with chairs scattered around among the pleasantly planted garden adjacent to the pool. A/C worked well; shower had plenty of water pressure; TV had lots of channels; room had good lighting and lots of outlets. The breakfast had more variety than most, and the coffee was very good -- thanks, we were told, due to some affiliation with the adjacent Marriott. I would definitely select this La Quinta when in the area.

1  Thank Susan C
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The price for the rooms was very reasonable. They were very clean and comfortable. We were greeted by a friendly staff upon check in and every time we had contact with the front desk they were very friendly. The breakfast offered a great variety to suit everyone's desires. This was the second time I've stayed at this particular LaQuinta and will definitely stay there next time I'm in Indianapolis.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Doreen went above and beyond her call of duty making sure I was comfortable. I was so impressed with my stay at this hotel, I am recommending it to all our family members who will be coming to town soon.

My leg was swollen from an accident this past winter and after spending 13 hour days at the hospital with my sister, I got back to the hotel exhausted and in pain. Doreen made sure there was ice for me to put on my knee and ankle, and she even left me bottled water and snacks. I cannot express my deep gratitude for these acts of kindness. It was a huge relief to not have to go get ice from the machine which was on the other side of the hotel, but here's the thing, I never complained or said anything to the hotel staff, they just did this to be nice!!! Whoever heard of that?

Doreen was compassionate, asking about my sister's progress every morning I saw her. The hotel room was so quiet I got a really good sleep every night, which is unusual because air conditioners tend to be noisy, this one was not. I felt like I was in a five star hotel, and the best part was the price which did not break the bank for me! I felt God sent me an angel from heaven, and her name was Doreen.

My experience at La Quinta was exceptional. I will always stay there when I need a hotel when I am in Indianapolis.

Room Tip: Four access doors ensure that wherever you park, you are close to your room.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Love La Quintas...they welcome our dogs. This is an older unit, but very nicely updated and very clean and bright. We sat in the enclosed courtyard outside our room with our dogs and a beer, It was really relaxing. Great restuarant right next door.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family