“Fabulous Oasis of Relaxation and Comfort”

Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal
Ranked #54 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This is a very well managed hotel with excellent customer service. Upon entry you are greeted and helped immediately by very gracious and helpful staff. The rooms are fabulous and very well decorated in a modern traditional style. Our room overlooked the canal and canal walk. The view was great. The room contained a full kitchen with new stainless steel full sized refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and glass cooktop. The hotel also offers the service of getting groceries for you and stocking your kitchen. The hotel provides coffee and microwave popcorn supply in your room daily. The rooms come with a wonderful full breakfast each morning in the lobby overlooking the canal. Each evening there is a social time in the lobby with free food and refreshments. The pool and fitness rooms are very nice as well. The one bedroom rooms were very clean and well maintained and very spacious with living room, eating area, desk work station, full separate bedroom and nice bathroom. Being able to walk out directly onto the beautiful and relaxing canal walk straight from the hotel is a wonderful perk. The hotel is only a short walk from downtown, Convention Center, and the Circle Center Mall Whether you are planning a one day or one month stay this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the canal side and above the main floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
ResidenceInnCanal, Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Talk about a glowing review- might you be interested in a sales position? All joking aside, I greatly appreciate that you took the time to leave such a detailed review of our hotel. It sums up so many of the perks and amenities that we offer including location, decor, breakfast, evening social, and my personal favorite, staff service! Thank you so much for being so appreciative of your service and thank you again for reviewing your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Indianapolis!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Rooms are spacious, nice location for anyone who would like to exercise or enjoy the canal walk. Staff is friendly and accomodating. Breakfast area and food are both very good. I like the open balcony for outdoor dining. The after work reception has different items each day and makes a great meeting spot for guests.

Room Tip: Request a room with a canal view. Beware some are street level and people will walk right by your w...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

I could not be more pleased to read the title of your review- 'friendly and accommodating' seems to sum up the above-and-beyond nature of our staff. I also love to read that you enjoyed what seems like a lovely breakfast on our patio and that you even partook in our evening reception! Our canal view rooms are certainly crowd pleasers, and I am glad you enjoyed your high level room. If ever a guest would like to make a particular request, please, always feel free to call ahead of time so we can best prepare for your arrival. If it is a last minute request, we will of course do our very best to accommodate during check-in. Many of our guests do prefer high floor views for the canal views, but we do have many guests who prefer the canal level due to its convenience to the activities themselves. Either way, we are happy to know how to best serve you! Please let me know if there is anything else with which I may be of assistance, and of course, have a wonderful week!

Reviewed 25 July 2013

The location of the hotel was wonderful. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The main drawback for us was the Air Conditioning Unit. It started with a loud bang/pop sound and turned into a sandpaper crunching noise as the air was blowing. I did request service on the unit. I was offered to change rooms. The new room had the same loud bang which tells me the Air Conditioning system is not great. It would prevent me from returning to this hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Firstly, thank you so much for reviewing our stay with us. I am especially pleased to hear that you enjoyed our staff service and location. However, I would like to sincerely apologize for any discomfort experienced during your stay. It is always our goal to prevent such occurances, and our engineering team is committed to keeping our hotel in top shape. Please contact me directly for any further discussions, and I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to Indianapolis on a future stay- I'd be happy to take care of you myself!

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Hotel staff was awesome, room was spacious and clean. The breakfast area was clean and the food was great lots to choose from. I was able to have my breakfast on the desk over seeing the canal and read my newspaper.We had a great time and this is one of the best Residence Inn I have stayed at.

Room Tip: I choose the 4th floor facing the water fountain - - what a view
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us. Clean, friendly, yummy, and spacious- what more could we ask for? I'm so glad you enjoyed reading the paper on our patio. I agree that being the only hotel on the Indy Canal sure does have its perks! Please let me know if there is anything else with which I can help, including personally booking future reservations, and again, thank you!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

This is a great place to stay as most Marriotts are. The staff is above average is being courteous and helpful. The hotel is on the canal and convenient to all downtown attractions. We found the room to be very clean and comfortable with an excellent high definition TV as a bonus.

Room Tip: Get a room with a Canal View
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
ResidenceInnCanal, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Thank you so much for writing a review of our hotel. In one short paragraph, you've succinctly mentioned many of the factors that explain our continuing success in Indianapolis. We are the only hotel on the beautiful canal and certainly strive to be the cleanest and friendliest at all times. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further assistance including any future reservations, and have a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed 16 July 2013

The staff at this hotel is as genuine as you can get at an extended stay hotel. I have been greeted daily by name, shared stories over social hour dinner, and been accommodated beyond what I feel is standard at hotels. The housekeeping staff is very aware of your schedule and comes while you are out. This was simply the best experience I could have asked for while having to stay for six weeks this summer. Thanks so much!

Room Tip: Get a room with a canal view. It is gorgeous. If you do not mind a parking lot view, the rooms surro...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

I could not be any more thrilled to read your review. Thank you so much for taking the time to reflect on your stay and for appreciating your service- I hope you know it's truly our pleasure to have hosted you this summer. Genuinely getting to know our guests' names and stories is one of the factors that I believe sets us apart, and it means so much to know that this impacted your stay. Please let me know how I can be of further assistance, and most importantly, keep in touch! We hope to see you back to visit soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Overall, this was a nice, clean hotel. I did find that the matress was uncomfortable and needs replacing. My air conditioning did not work well either but the staff was willing to relocate us to another room. The staff was very helpful and curtious. The location was fantastic as it was in walking distance to all events. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for writing a review of your stay with us. I am glad to hear that our staff was helpful and that you enjoyed our scenic and centralized location in Indianapolis! I am, however, disappointed to hear of your mattress and air conditioning issues and that this led to an 'average' review as we genuinely strive to provide the cleanest and friendliest hotel in Indianapolis. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance and have a wonderful weekend!