My husband and I stayed at the Residence Inn for one night in October when we attended the Circle City Classic. The Residence Inn was a great location for that, as we were able to walk to Lucas Oil Stadium and downtown. It was wonderful to sit out on their common deck and look over the canal. It was very peaceful to watch all of the walkers, joggers, and paddle boaters go by. So if you are looking for location, this is a great choice. The room was nice - which you would typically expect of a Residence Inn. The room was clean and nicely appointed. (I always appreciate having a kitchen to store restaurant left-overs.) The only negative for the room was the bed. It was waaay too firm for me. I usually can sleep on any bed that Is clean and relatively comfy, but I certainly did not get a good night sleep there.
Also, the free breakfast was decent, but not great. It was a very busy Sunday morning and it was difficult to find a clean place to eat and hot food. I think that the breakfast experience would have benefitted from one or two more people on duty to clean the dining room and keep the hot food properly stocked.
My last comment is that the front desk staff was great. Even though we had already checked out, I was waiting around to meet with friends who live in Indy. I was very appreciative that the staff did not shoo me out or make us feel uncomfortable. One young lady (I wish I could remember her name) was particularly welcoming. She just oozed hospitality. I told her that she was born to work with guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal is the only hotel in downtown Indianapolis on the Historic Canal! Experience our modern look, high-tech amenities and beautiful views. Our Indy hotel on the Canal provides apartment-style suites with full kitchens, free WiFi, separate living areas and 32" flat-screen TVs. Enjoy complimentary grocery shopping service, free daily breakfast buffet and evening social hour plus the least expensive parking in downtown. From our balcony and terrace overlooking the Canal to our location just minutes from Lucas Oil Stadium, State Capitol and White River State Park, our pet-friendly Indy hotel on the Canal is perfectly positioned for great extended stays. Be sure to take a stroll on the adjacent running/walking path right outside our doors, rent a paddleboat, bike, Segway or feed the ducks! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown On The Canal Hotel Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Residence Inn